Thread: Occult Acumen

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92

Occult Acumen

This job trait is useless on the jobs that currently have it. DRK enjoys meleeing for damage; casting instead of meleeing produces inferior damage, inferior tp gain AND costs MP. SCH and BLM don't really need TP for much of anything.

However, give this trait to BLU and it would be useful. Gamebreaking? Doubtful. However, of all jobs that could use the trait in its current form, BLU would make good use of it. At the moment, it's dead weight.

EDIT: Though obviously you'd have to adjust it to allow it to gain TP from Blue Magic spells <_<
    (9)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Character
    Demonprince
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree. It makes little sense for jobs like BLM that swap staves constantly and never WS, but makes a lot sense for BLU that actually want to WS on mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    /

(0)

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    I remember when I first got BLU and cast Sprout Smack on a crab and saw that my TP had gone up, thinking it was the work of the spell and was like OMG BLU spells give TP?!
    but they don't, it was just my sword swing ^^;
    I agree, Occult Acumen would really be useful and fitting for the BLU, although I don't really have problems getting enough TP before BACA is up again.
    (0)

Yup.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ya we really would make the best use of the trait, not to mention hell, BLU is one of the few jobs taht actually uses TP in ways like Skill chains anymore. While other DDs are like "100% TP! I WS NOW!". Whenever I hear people say that Skill Chains area dead, I point to my BLU
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    People must do research before saying stuff like this especially about sch ad blm. Currently there are blm and sch who are able to use tp>mp items and relic/mythic/emp weapons mainly for after effects. Drk... yeah... i think they got it for theme and general mp reasons rather than practicality sorta like 3/5ths of blu af3 stats.
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    wat

all blu af3 is good, if you think a piece is not good then you're only using blu's physical magic.

Occult Acumen requires MP expenditure to give you TP, so the amount of MP saved overall is EXTREMELY minor.
    (0)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I never did understand the way this trait is, I can understand DRK, but other than DRK this should have gone to two others BLU and RDM. Any good SCH or BLM macros different staves in.
    (0)

Character
    Mewgoat
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Ya we really would make the best use of the trait, not to mention hell, BLU is one of the few jobs taht actually uses TP in ways like Skill chains anymore. While other DDs are like "100% TP! I WS NOW!". Whenever I hear people say that Skill Chains area dead, I point to my BLU
    really? i see everyone who is subbing sam self skillchaining, and as a main drk, i do try to magic burst my own for kicks
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast