Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

IME input on FFXI NA client ~ FF11北米バージョンのIME入力

Dear SE,

With the PlayStation 2 and Xbox end-of-service, I believe there has been a lot of hardware and software licence restrictions that has been lifted off.

With that being said, would you please make the NA version of the FFXI client able to use the IME Japanese input? As a western, I find very frustrating to try to communicate in Japanese using roman characters, I had plenty of experiences when Japanese players aren't able to understand my Japanese because the lack of kana-kanji. Also, aside that I believe it is really important to some fluid culture exchange, I want to write my Japanese emojis on the game as well.

(*・ω・*) p・l・e・a・s・e♪(hehe)

Unfortunately, there are cases where auto-translate feature is insufficient.

I would like to hear the opinion of another fellow players.

Thank you for your time.

Belmonts (Fenrir server)

P.S. I took the liberty of posting this on the NA and the Japanese forums to hear both JP and NA players' opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEの皆様へ:

PlayStation2とXboxのサービス終了したと共にハードウェアとソフトウェアの許可証の制限は解放されたと思います。

ですので、FF11の北米のクライエントのバージョンにIME入力を使わせて頂けませんか。僕は西洋人なので日本語はローマ字書いてるのは大変辛いと思います、ローマ字だけで日本人の方は十分の経験に僕の言葉が通じることはできません。後、国際交流としては大事と思って、日本語の絵文字を書きたいです。
    (*・ω・*) オ・ネ・ガ・イ♪(笑)

残念ながら、定型文辞書は時々足りないと思います。

冒険者の皆様の感想聞かせて頂きたい。

宜しくお願い致します。

Fenrirのベルモンツ

追伸:日本人と西洋人の感想を聞く為に北米と日本語のフォーラムにこの話題をカキコさせて頂きます。
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (6)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 06-25-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    while i wouldnt benefit from this personally, I support this because support positive fluid culture change.

p.s japanese emojis? yes please! w
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    while i wouldnt benefit from this personally, I support this because support positive fluid culture change.

p.s japanese emojis? yes please! w
    Thank you very much for your support. (/・ω・)/
    (0)

Have you tried downloading the Japanese version of the game instead? Because unless you are particularly fond of the english localization that seems like the better alternative.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Have you tried downloading the Japanese version of the game instead? Because unless you are particularly fond of the english localization that seems like the better alternative.
    I have a PC with a Japanese client, but what I want is to be able to have the english interface and able to type in Japanese, since you cannot have both clients in one PC. I'm pretty sure is just a matter of changing some flags.

I mean, I have np there, but after a while it gets a little overwhelming, I.E. Abyssea atmas in Japanese do really use level N2 of the Japanese Proficiency Test kanji and they are sorta tough to read for the intermediate level speaker.

I'm sure there are a lot of players that are only in the conversational level, and also would like to be able to type in kana-kanji and be able to enjoy the interface in english. For spells or other stuff Japanese players/NA players can use auto-translate.

There are a lot of examples.

Japanese Client screen
    僕に|ケアル|ください!死んでいますよ!ε=ε=ε=ε=ヾ(;◎_◎)ノ ヤバヤバ

English Client screen
    僕に|Cure|ください!死んでいますよ!ε=ε=ε=ε=ヾ(;◎_◎)ノ ヤバヤバ

In both cases a basic-intermediate Japanese learner can understand this hybrid way of typing that we both Japanese and English speakers use all the time. There are way tougher words (like the before mentioned Abyssea KI's) auto translate has, that are quite difficult to understand if you only have the Japanese interface. So in those specific cases, the English interface is a life saver while the beginner-intermediate Japanese speaker is able to use a comprehensible Japanese in their keyboards at a conversational level.
    (2)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 06-30-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Considering a handful of people would benefit from this and there are far more pressing things that a lot more people would want the small dev team to work on.. I would say no thank you.

However they will ignore both of us so it's irrelevant anyway.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    Considering a handful of people would benefit from this and there are far more pressing things that a lot more people would want the small dev team to work on.. I would say no thank you.

However they will ignore both of us so it's irrelevant anyway.
    Didn't ask SE to stop everything for the sake of my desires. Σ( ゚Д゚)!

Also I know they have a lot of important changes to make.

Nevertheless, I believe is a matter of changing a few flags so the client can type in Japanese, just adding another humble request to the pile. (*'ω'*)

Thank you for your reply. (´・ω・`)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    More people would benefit from it than you might think. In any case, there doesn't need to be much done, since the code is already there. It's just a simple matter of giving the NA/EU client the same functions as the JP client. That's literally a days work max, since the regional clients are 100% inter-compatible.
    (1)

This would be great. I can't speak/write the language but if it is a simple change it would be good for community
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Hi, everyone.

We definitely understand this request as communication within the game is important. However, it would take a good amount of time and resources to ensure that the IME works properly on the English client, and there are outside factors as well that would require Japanese locale settings and IME on your PC. Additionally, this involves storing data settings outside of the game so it's not something that can be resolved by changing the in-game system alone. At the moment there are no plans to change this, but if you would like to communicate in Japanese directly, the Japanese client along with the aforementioned settings would likely be your best bet.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    (0)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast