Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Player
    They've referred to the last two collections as "Ultimate." Ultimate means "last." I know some would argue that Abyssea are new, but we all know they're the same old zones, just recycled. Wings did have a few new zones and areas, so at least that was something.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    There have been a lot of threads and comments related to expansions and add-ons, so I'll shed some light on the current direction. The main focus for this year is to upgrade and expand content through version updates. For example, the current roadmap is filled to the brim with what we feel are exciting and valuable updates. So for this year, we do not have plans at the current moment for expansions or add-ons.
    What the SE dev's feel is normally a disconnect from reality, possibly induced by heavy drugs.

Not you personally as your just a rep and parroting what they tell you to say.
    (0)

To lazy to read the whole thread,

But I'd imagine after this year and looking at that news related to how much SE lost on FFXIV, but gained on FFXI (well internet-related games, and I doubt most of that came from a facebook app). I'd imagine they'd be more willing to create another expansion because it's making money.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    They've referred to the last two collections as "Ultimate." Ultimate means "last." I know some would argue that Abyssea are new, but we all know they're the same old zones, just recycled. Wings did have a few new zones and areas, so at least that was something.
    "last two collections", that's a plural, buddy! So they can add more if they want. Ultimate does not mean last in this sense.
    (0)

Character
    Tommykun
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's all about PS2 support, when it comes to down to it. The PS2 is already practically full and unable to hand any more data. Here in the US, there is only a small handful of people who still play PS2. Many have moved on to 360 or PC. These two other formats allow for far more customization and additions. SE will have to make a choice between PS2 support or the life of the game. I say, chunk PS2 support, give JP PS2 players a free download of the PC client, and get cracking on a new expansion. After all, we'll be Lv99 in the next few months, so we really need something to test our new "uber powers."
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommykun View Post
    It's all about PS2 support, when it comes to down to it. The PS2 is already practically full and unable to hand any more data. Here in the US, there is only a small handful of people who still play PS2. Many have moved on to 360 or PC. These two other formats allow for far more customization and additions. SE will have to make a choice between PS2 support or the life of the game. I say, chunk PS2 support, give JP PS2 players a free download of the PC client, and get cracking on a new expansion. After all, we'll be Lv99 in the next few months, so we really need something to test our new "uber powers."

Like X10. Its time to let the PS2 go down in its blaze of glory. Offer them a chance to move to a new system through a 2-3 month period and then destroy the evidence of PS2 support all together.
    (3)

Character
    Durkan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 50
    I have to agree with the posters above me. While the PS2 was a great system, it is old technology that is crippling the future success of Final Fantasy XI. I love this game, but for future expansions and add-ons to be possibly out of the question because of a small minority of PS2 users seems wrong. FFXI can have a much longer life ahead of it and some of the playerbase that has left can certainly come back with future expansions. Look at Everquest, for example, which came out in 1999. They still have 1-2 expansions that come out every year, breathing new life into an old game. FFXI can do the same, and I think with the developers in square enix, they could do even better if they honestly tried to.
    (1)
    Durkan - Asura.

Character
    Tommykun
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Netheos View Post
    Like X10. Its time to let the PS2 go down in its blaze of glory. Offer them a chance to move to a new system through a 2-3 month period and then destroy the evidence of PS2 support all together.
    Exactly. Give a short window for transition and then punt it like a Taru. After that, focus resources on expansion and job balance adjustments. Abyssea and the upcoming 91-99 content will keep us satisfied for long enough to write a script and throw us a teaser trailer.
    (2)

think they have most of their creative minds franticly working on making XIV interesting or replacing it with something that is, so they simply don't have enough creative people left to keep XI rolling in new content. I played the beta... for a week, then I deleted the entire thing, the entire playsystem sucked. And since that's the foundation of the game...
    (0)

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    As much as I like full expansions, retailers seemed to be lacking in the FF11 department for most of the game's life anyway. And if it's true that they're neglecting 11 somehow in favor of 14, it's little difference to me; 14's a great game marred by nonsense accusations and a bandwagon of anti-hype.
    (1)
    Sylph/Melmond

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast