Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's true to an extent, but I don't "know" a lot of people- so if I know multiple people who are in this situation, it stands to reason there are other people that do too. In japan, with the game being released for PS2 first, there are many more PS2 users there.
    I know a lot of JP play on the PS2, But thats not what i was addressing :X, I was addressing that You mentioned some people "Only owning a PS2" for FFXI, no computer, Xbox, nothing.

i said "There's probably not more than 1% of the FFXI population who only owns a PS2 to play FFXI".

I can't prove it but I'd stand by it. In this day and age theres very few households that don't own at least 1 Computer. I know some people obviously don't for financial reasons...
    (1)

I'm all for exploration, but I think people want something engaging to do, over exploration. When WOTG did come out, I explored just enough to get all the campaign battle areas, and I was satisfied with what I saw along the way. All the while, I was a bit irritated and ready to get to the fighting. If people truly wanted content(story) and exploration, questing would be more requested.

The world of FFXI is already huge. Why not put more time into making those "engaging things to do" instead of wasting time building newer places that will lose it's "wow" factor within days. FFXIV is pretty as hell with all the new lands you can ask for, but it was rejected for a good reason.

/wave Krabnuckle I like Krabnuckle. That's a good person right there. When Krabnuckle speaks, you guys should pay attention.
    (1)
    Last edited by Miiyo; 04-11-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    I'm all for exploration, but I think people want something engaging to do, over exploration. When WOTG did come out, I explored just enough to get all the campaign battle areas, and I was satisfied with what I saw along the way. All the while, I was a bit irritated and ready to get to the fighting. If people truly wanted content(story) and exploration, questing would be more requested.

The world of FFXI is already huge. Why not put more time into making those "engaging things to do" instead of wasting time building newer places that will lose it's "wow" factor within days. FFXIV is pretty as hell with all the new lands you can ask for, but it was rejected for a good reason.

/wave Krabnuckle I like Krabnuckle. That's a good person right there. When Krabnuckle speaks, you guys should pay attention.
    Exactly!

Also, One thing, The reason you probably didn't bother exploring WoTG Areas is probably because they were all (but 3) Just rehased zoned you've been in a thousand times :P

If you're like me, The second i got to Whitegate, It felt like a whole new game. The music, the scenery, I kinda want that feeling again

And content. Definitely Content.
    (2)

PS2 a problem for releasing a new box expansion you got to remember the PS2 HDD partition is almost full in fact if you remember awhile back the PS2 versions stopped working due to too many temp files making people reinstall so now SE has to be really careful to avoid that.

2nd Sony doesn't even support new PS2 games being released in US and in Europe. So given all that its just a big logistical nightmare to release a new boxed expansion.

Now they could release a the new expansion as an download, or a new addon but then we have that PS2 HDD being at almost capacity again. I doubt SE wants to leave out that 1/3 of the player base in Japan and like 5% in the US that still uses a PS2. They would have an issue with some users having this new content PC and Xbox360 players while PS2 players can't have it due to the hard drive being very full.
    (0)

Character
    Drivont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    This thread needs to get at least 50+ Pages. I'm throwing my word in.

I really want a new Box Expansion that Visits another Continent, The Far East, the Northern Gigas homeland, the Western lands, or the Southern, I really don't care. Completely NEW and refreshing zones like Whitegate was.

Does anyone remember the super-long Boat ride? how exciting it was to be going to the new place? your first steps into Whitegate? I do, And it was worth the money.

Anyone remember looking at Teaser photos for ToAU? looking at Arrapago Reef? the glowing mist and the ghost-ships? yah, I do. And i want that feeling again, not "oh, Its this zone again... okay"

The thrill of an entirely new unexplored world... I want it back

I'd gladly, gladly pay full price for a box-expansion. Its obvious the vast Majority of your playerbase wants a new expansion. This game can live for several more years... please consider the please from us...

It doesn't even need to contain new jobs, We just want new worlds to explore, the ones we repeatedly hear about. (the Far west wouldn't really offer more jobs, SAM/NIN come from there, The North i could only Imagine Vikings, but thats WAR, and The West could lend to some new jobs, but i think the south is mostly RNG/THF/etc, the typical Mithran jobs shown in WoTG)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 aaaaand 10!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'd gladly, gladly pay full price for a box-expansion.
    Set and point. Who wouldn't? I guess a really big thing preventing this is the unknown, would it be worthwhile to do so? I say put up a poll (ooooo. that's a good suggestion for a website feature) on POL for all to do, and see who would pay and how much they would pay. Let the numbers do the deciding.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Set and point. Who wouldn't? I guess a really big thing preventing this is the unknown, would it be worthwhile to do so? I say put up a poll (ooooo. that's a good suggestion for a website feature) on POL for all to do, and see who would pay and how much they would pay. Let the numbers do the deciding.
    Needs to be done!
    (0)

Character
    Linny
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    maybe they want to wait the 10th anniversary to release new add-on box, and the major updates will be the preview for this new areas.
    (0)

You know thats a brilliant plan. They should release a Brand New Box expansion to commemorate the 10th Anniversary.

Also, I said 50+ Pages, And we're on page 4. GET WORKING D:
    (0)

Character
    Drivont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Make it happen, Krabknuckle!
    :P
    (0)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast