Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Abyssea expansions must of sold amazingly well and for honestly little dev time, I can't believe they wouldn't release more tbh. Maybe they will but they don't want to put out too many to ruin it, whatever the case they should at least tell us what the future plans are for expansions/addons.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd like to see a new Expansion, but being realistic, I know they may think that it may not be worth the effort at the moment.

As for new areas for an Expansion, in order of preference:
    -Mithra Homeland
    -Far East

These are the only 2 I'd like to see. To be clear, I want a kick butt story to go with it as well. (CoP and WotG, are both Excellent, RotZ and ToAU, were ok)

-Storylines could revolve around the emptiness that appeared in the Far East (mentioned by Tenzen in CoP) and they've requested help investigating it from the Empire. As far as the Mithra Homeland is concerned, it could resolve around Perih Vashai sending you and Semih LeFinah to the Mithra Homeland to have her take a series of trials to determine if she could be the next Mithra Chieftaness of Windurst. (This could be an actual solo or with Fellow NPC mission set)
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiarlia View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears?

No new expansions. I'd gladly pay $50 bucks for a new expansion. >_>

Just don't take forever like with WotG.
    Pretty sure WoTG was spread over 3 years because of XIV's development, ToAU was shorter in terms of completion cycle since it was mostly end-game system additions anyway.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Nours
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 94
    PS2 and 160k players.
    (0)

Character
    Katiekat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i think there will be a expansion but i honestly think there wating for vanafest or a NA player fest to tell us. All the expansions have been presented at vanafest if i remember right it would just seam right. its not on the time line to make it a shock when it is finely presented .
    (0)
    am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar

Player
    To me, the year-long timeline makes a pretty big statement about Square's attitude toward FFXI. And what it says is that it's not deserving of any significant new development. I don't want to sound insulting as I'm sure the current dev team puts a lot of hard work into all the things that will be coming out. But it's still short from what you'd expect from the usual.

Right now I feel as though my monthly subscription is going toward keeping FFXIV on life-support, while the game I actually support dwindles. And that's another reason why my subscription this year will probably be on-and-off.
    (3)

PS2 and 160k players.
    PS2 is no excuse, they can make an expansion for the other platforms and leave ps2 as it is. People WILL upgrade if it's important enough to them (which it is even if they say otherwise). And 160k is way low, I hope you didn't get that number from FFXIAH cause that is no indication since Abyssea, the AH is nowhere near as important and used as it used to be.

Also I don't know if you know this but 200-300k players is a very respectable playerbase for an MMO(with no chinese etc playerbases), especially one that has fully paid for itself. Don't put wow as the bar here, thats a freak in the MMO world. No other MMO has ever or will ever come close to that again.

To me, the year-long timeline makes a pretty big statement about Square's attitude toward FFXI. And what it says is that it's not deserving of any significant new development. I don't want to sound insulting as I'm sure the current dev team puts a lot of hard work into all the things that will be coming out. But it's still short from what you'd expect from the usual.
    This. I find it really annoying they are reading this and ingoring it, it's not hard to give a simply "yes we plan to produce more expansions/addons", throw us a bone already.

Right now I feel as though my monthly subscription is going toward keeping FFXIV on life-support, while the game I actually support dwindles. And that's another reason why my subscription this year will probably be on-and-off.
    This riles me up too, feels like i'm feeding the lion that is going to one day kill me. I used to have 5 accounts and 40 gardening mules, since I got the impression I was paying to develop FFXIV I canceled 3 accounts and all the gardening mules. Only have my own and pay for my sisters account now, hell I even paid when I was away for months. I loved FFXI so much I wanted to support it to the full and have never let my subs drop once in 7 years. That's quickly changing.
    (4)
    Last edited by Runespider; 04-11-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I would also love to see an expansion in the future, with brand new zones and mobs, and storyline(s). To be honest I don't have much hope that there will be one, but you never know, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    SE wont make one cuz people will just say SE is selling gear via Expansions~
    (2)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Player
    A new expantion new zones story lines everthing would be awsome. NO more copy pasted areas like wotg or abyssea actual new zones.
    (2)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast