Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Aeonic weapon disappointment

I recently obtained the aeonic weapon Godhands primarily for puppetmaster as it is my favorite job in the game. However, after using it, I have learned that it doesn't boost the job much at all, and more importantly, hinders it significantly.

One of the more powerful capabilities of the job is using Overdrive to deal severe damage through the repeated use of Bone crusher, creating a light skillchain with Shijin Spiral (Shijin Spiral > Bone Crusher (Light) > repeat). An important note about this is the use of Inhibitor to force bone crusher while using Light+Fire+Lightning maneuvers. However, with the aftermath active, the pattern is disrupted and shifts to Shijin Spiral > Bone Crusher (Light) > Shijin Spiral (Light/Radiance with AM3) > Automaton either does nothing or uses the weaker String Shredder > repeat. The frequency of Bone Crusher drops, resulting in much lower damage overall.

Can a change please be implemented so I can actually use the weapon instead of having it only be a lockstyle trophy? Below are a few suggestions that would help, some which would benefit other jobs if implemented. Of course, if anyone has a solution or suggestions I might have overlooked to retain high damage while using valoredge+Overdrive, please let me know.

1) Allow aftermath to be removed manually without having to unequip the weapon. This would possibly help other jobs and weapons as well.

2) Allow puppetmaster to use Ascetic's Fury as it has the Fragmentation property, allowing the original combo to occur with Godhands while aftermath is active. This can also be expanded to all jobs to learn other mythic weaponskills as long as they have the skill required. A nice bonus for this is that Ascetic's Fury's critical hit rate is based off TP, so it would actually benefit from Godhands unlike Shijin Spiral.

3) Addition or modification of weaponskills/properties for either the puppetmaster or the automaton. This one is unlikely given a previous statement regarding adding in new animation data.

4) Allow manual control or the ability to select what actions are possible for the automaton, possibly through an attachment. A friend mentioned that Asuran Fists could be followed up by Bone Crusher to create a fragmentation skillchain. However, String Shredder has the distortion property, so under the effects of Inhibitor, the automaton will choose that instead to create a darkness skillchain. If there was a way to prevent string shredder as an option, the original bone crusher combo can be preserved. (This would also help to disable all weaponskills when using an automaton to tank while using a scholar to skillchain for damage.)

5*) While this wouldn't help my original problem, as a suggestion, can the aftermath of this weapon and all other applicable weapons change their aftermath to also include pets? It would be very nice to see Lobo do Radiance off Bone Crusher, especially when paired with the new speedloader attachments introduced. I'm sure the other pet jobs would feel the same way as well.
    (1)
    Last edited by Svens; 06-21-2016 at 02:04 PM.