Thread: Scavenge

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Scavenge

Could we please have Scavenge work in more areas? As of right now Scavenge never grants any rewards in any of the abyssea areas. Perhaps the following list could be implemented for abyssea zones.
    • Firesand
    • Ash Lumber
    • Arrowwood Lumber
    • Antlion Arrowheads
    • Colibri Fletchings
    • Darkling Bolt Heads

I listed these to follow the Scavenge list found in other areas. They all seem to have ash and arrowwood lumbers as well as Firesand. They also all seem to have arrowheads/fletchings/bolt heads for ammo made for the level range at which you should be exping in that area.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Scavenge is, without question, the most useless ability in the entire game for any job - bar none. Just get rid of it altogether and give us something useful. It's even more absurd that the ability can be merited.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 04-16-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    Scavenge is, without question, the most useless ability in the entire game for any job - bar none. Just get rid of it altogether and give us something useful. It's even more absurd that the ability can be merited.
    Scavenge is not useless. Sure it may not be the best ability but it is a valuable resource for a Ranger, especially one who has bothered to level it's woodworking.

And there are several worthless abilities and traits that can be merited. And how about noticing that a topic is about ways of improving an ability that has been around since the job's inception, than going off and flaming it.
    (1)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I like the ideal of having Scavenge give us mats. that are for a 75+ RNG but I think it would be more useful if it would give actual ammo so we are not forced to have woodworking.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    I like the ideal of having Scavenge give us mats. that are for a 75+ RNG but I think it would be more useful if it would give actual ammo so we are not forced to have woodworking.
    I always thought it would be cool if ammo fired in a zone would have a chance to be added to that zone's loot pool kind of like chocobo digging. Scavenge would then draw ammo/mats from the zone's loot pool and if you are lucky and can end up with a partial stack of what you or somebody else had been shooting lately.
    (3)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Militis View Post
    Scavenge is not useless. Sure it may not be the best ability but it is a valuable resource for a Ranger, especially one who has bothered to level it's woodworking.

And there are several worthless abilities and traits that can be merited. And how about noticing that a topic is about ways of improving an ability that has been around since the job's inception, than going off and flaming it.
    I am making a dead serious suggestion about improving this ability. The best way to improve it would be to get rid of it entirely and substitute an ability that is useful.
    (1)

I'd just rather have scavenge give ammo applicable to the zone your are in. Higher level zones give better ammo. no more crude arrows and dog bolts. Give us the real stuff.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!