Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks for all the passionate suggestions and feedback! We'll pass them over to the development team.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    RDM needs a Hastega III spell and a Phalanxga III spell to be accepted into parties again. Or make Para/Slow,Silence III with good effect on endgame bosses.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Using the less resources possible a way to make RDM competitive again.

RDM/SCH new spells Hastega II, Refreshaga II, "Pain" Job points necessary 1000, inflicts DIA IV, BIO IV, POISON IV, SLOW IV and PARALYCE IV on a enemy duration 360 seconds.

Light Arts RDM

Unlocks Cure V
    Unlocks Regen III
    Unlocks Curaga III

Dark Arts RDM

Unlocks Tier V Nukes
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    Using the less resources possible a way to make RDM competitive again.

RDM/SCH new spells Hastega II, Refreshaga II, "Pain" Job points necessary 1000, inflicts DIA IV, BIO IV, POISON IV, SLOW IV and PARALYCE IV on a enemy duration 360 seconds.

Light Arts RDM

Unlocks Cure V
    Unlocks Regen III
    Unlocks Curaga III

Dark Arts RDM

Unlocks Tier V Nukes
    *stare*

This is where I think you're trolling. RDM already has access to Tier V nukes, they're given, in bulk, as a JP gift. (100 points)

Phalanx (the Tier I version) can already be Accessioned, that can negate about 48 damage per hit when you actually make a gears set for it.

Oh, and Red mage has Refresh III (and Temper II)as a 1200 gift, just thought I'd mention that.

In fact, Red Mage is already 'competitive' in Magic Burst meta, (meaning that it can fill the slot if needed.) as it can both magic burst and contribute to skillchain, and quite well at that - provided they bother putting the effort toward gearing it.

I've been noticing the trend of Red Mages pulling away from the role of simply being support and actually being one of the performers on the ground. Not as high of damage as the peak roles, for certain, but that is due to their level of versatility. I've heard people want buffs from Red Mages so they can pin them into a certain niche, but honestly, that goes against the Jobs Design in my opinion. Beyond that, it's the same issue Red Mages always have - they can do well, but you actually have to put effort in to it in order for that to happen.

IMO it can stay "in obscurity", just be sure not to leave the RDM tag off of the next good set of Leather/Dex gear coming out - for those actually playing the Job.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yeah there is no way SE is going to make sch abilities work better for a rdm than sch lol.

Higher Tier debuffs would certainly be reasonable and nice and decent duration is nice though no way they going to make a base duration 6 minutes. New tier of frazzle/distract wouldn't be horrible and maybe some similar ones. And if we going the debuff route (and there is a real role for rdm as a debuffer) some kind of trait or jp that makes landing debuffs decently easier. Take away the saboteur nerf
    (0)

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    just giving my 2 cents here, i pretty much agree on the acc issues,the aoe ones (both of wich the dev team is currently looking) and that more weapon skills needs to be buffed to a point where their damage becomes more significant closing double light/darkness skill chains at the end of 5 step scs or closing radiance/umbra(an 8k victory smite closing radiance dont do near as much damage as an 15k chant du cygne closing an radiance). the way i think they should approach acc issue whoever would be probably by buffing current acc abilities/spells in some sort(to keep suport jobs relevant overall) and adding more potent acc foods, the reason behind that is to help current gear to not loose as much place and maybe even get currently unused gear to be relevant again. as for the aoe problem this is really a balancing issues and maybe even solving the acc issues opens up more spot for dt gear overall wich would kinda help (but then again each nm needs to be checked separatly as 50%(DT cap) of lets say 5k is still enough to one shot alot of jobs in the game), status effects are still an issue tough and clarifications/revamps on status resistence job traits could be an interresting way to solve those so that is just some ideia throwed in. As for the blu nerf i pretty much am against it , while i see alot of valid points onto what you guys said adjusting acc and buffing wses would overall close the gap. as for other spells sugestions i like some of then and i agree with the more defensive buffs but i am unsure on the necessity of haste/ga 3 at all.As for the mnk i belive that what you guys sugested is pretty much being looked upon by se but i would reather h2h wses to get buffed overall then for mnk to become an auto-attack machine (+ it would be alot harder to balance as well). For the run sugestion the OP did i kinda like it would be interresting at least. As for OP thf sugention i am unsure i liked someone ideia of reseting sa/ta better as long as you could push it to a reliable %.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Some information:

Red Mage already gains Distract III and Frazzle III as the 550 gift. Both cap at about -90 Evasion and Magic Evasion respectively. (That's just under 7% of 1300 evasion/m.evasion More percentage the lower the evasion is.)

Addle II, also a 550 Gift, increases spellcasting time form 25-40% Depending on dMND and RNG.

We get 20 Magic Accuracy form Job Point category, 70 Magical Accuracy from Gifts, and a further 40 Magical Accuracy under the effects of Saboteur - all before gear bonuses, not including the effects of Styme or items like the Moonshade earring that can occasionally force-cap M.Acc. Help landing spells? We have it in droves.

Pair this with our unresistables. 15% defense from Dia III and the Skillchain Bonus from Innundation, and you can completely neglect the typical enfeebling line of Slow, Silence, Paralyze, and Blind if they're not effective and still have a powerfull debuff list to work with.
    (0)

What if Addle also affected Abilities? Increasing channeling time and adding some sort of minimum recast delay that prevented mobs from spamming abilities one after the other.

(Edit > I say Addle because I'm not sure the devs would want to add yet another spell, but an ability version of Addle would be good.)

PS > Speaking of Distract and Frazzle, is it just me or the caps should be more around 50 / 100 /150 eva/m.eva instead?
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 06-22-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You'd have to couple it with high stun resistance/immunity being included on more mobs though, because if you get a good delay timer on TP moves then we're just going to go back to melee zerg + stunning all moves circa Legion/early Delve. It's especially the case with Idris being so powerful and allowing you to put a high-power Languor on the target along with an Indi-Focus for the stunner, meaning that if the mob doesn't have a reasonable resistance, then they're literally just going to get stunlocked and content goes from too punishing to melee back to steamroll. It's nice to clear the content, but steamrolling it is just asking our already small updates to become obsolete as more and more people run out of content to do.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I love how people are crying for a nerf to BLU yet nobody even uses BLU above content 135 level... Why does nobody complain about how GEO is essentially required for every single fight and how BLM/SCH are dominating the damage scene? All that needs to happen to make other melee jobs competitive for the trash content people use BLU on (UNMs, Ambuscade and High tier battles mainly) is to increase the dmg of their WS. Surviving is not that hard w/competent support and people are exaggerating the bonus cocoon+MG gives. Other jobs have defensive options as well and in this trash content not much can one shot you outright. If we're talking about making melee viable on 135 or above, BLU suffers in that area as well. They already said they were looking into AOE dmg reduction and acc boosts. I'd say they should focus on making each job different so it can bring something to the table instead of straight DPS. DRG used to have that with Angon and something similar would be nice for other jobs in addition to a WS/2h update.
    (0)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast