Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    More likely Zeldar, he was talking to me.

Oh I forget the plethora of NMs that are just so mean to mages.

Oh gee, there's the caturae, and hydras, there's uh Selkit and the blue mage. I'm sure there are others, but that's off the top of my head. The caturae are equally mean to nearly everything that doesn't have requiescat.

That's the thing: Fights can shut down melee with enfeebles/aoe spam, but the only way SE knows how to affect mages is to mess with how much damage their spells do. There are a few ways to could mess with mages, but I'm not here to try to make things more annoying.

BTW, my GEO runs around pdt/mdt-capped, which is easier for mine because I don't have an idris and thus can freely use Mafic Cudgel. All the GEOs I know and play with have dt kits. It's not like this is a hard thing and signifies any level of skill.

mages need magic accuracy on gear just like DDs need accuracy on gear.
    While of course true, skillchaining grants a bonus to magic accuracy and scholars don't need any magic accuracy* to perform their skillchains.

I took a SCH friend out, we killed him twice, making him double weak and flooring his magic accuracy and then we tested his ability to perform skillchains: unaffected.

Properly geared mages, when they're in danger of taking damage, idle in -DT kits until the few seconds they need to be casting. This is completely different from melee who need the accuracy to get TP so that they can WS. Mages need their accuracy for a few seconds, DDs always need their accuracy.

Paint it any way you like it, the balance is severely tilted towards mages.
    (5)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 07-30-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    "Properly geared mages, when they're in danger of taking damage, idle in -DT kits until the few seconds they need to be casting. This is completely different from melee who need the accuracy to get TP so that they can WS. Mages need their accuracy for a few seconds, DDs always need their accuracy."

Excellent point.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    If the game is so imbalanced that you're only bringing 25% or less of the total jobs in the game to clear content, how do the other 75% of the jobs clear the content then? You are practically saying it's impossible to clear content with melee. That means the content is imbalanced, not difficult lol. When you are CHOOSING (yes, you are making a choice) to ONLY play jobs where you get to stand out of range of anything the NM does, you are choosing a cheesy no skill strategy. And hey, that's fine, but don't pretend it's difficult. If every player in the game wanted to ruin the experience for themselves and only bring PLD WHM GEO GEO BLM SCH to every NM in the game, I'm sure the kill rate of this "difficult" content would be exceedingly higher.

Difficulty requires you to actually have to pay attention to what is going on around you, both the monsters and other players, and to actually deal with the mechanics at hand, not hide from them completely.
    Most of this is not true at all, yes this content is difficult, and yes this content is imbalanced, it is both of these things. The TYPES of difficulty you're trying to differentiate in this case are known as Artificial Difficulty and Designed Difficulty in terms of game design. There is a lot of artificial difficulty in this event, but it is difficulty, nonetheless, refer to: http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/...--gamedev-3596
    (1)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Any chance that enhancing magic can get longer duration? When on runefencer I have so much more preparation to tank then paladin by the time I cycle through all my buffs.

Half of them are almost ready to be reapplied. During the fight I really don't have time to reapply half of them.
    (3)

Can we get some level 100+ mobs in Aht Urgan areas? It's a real pain having to kill level 80 mobs for Imperial standing, I know about besieged but I never seem to be able to catch one.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Railer View Post
    Any chance that enhancing magic can get longer duration? When on runefencer I have so much more preparation to tank then paladin by the time I cycle through all my buffs.

Half of them are almost ready to be reapplied. During the fight I really don't have time to reapply half of them.
    Between RUN's 100/1200, Erilaz Head +1 and Futhark Trousers +1 there's quite a bit of enhancing duration (55%). How much more do you want?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    Can we get some level 100+ mobs in Aht Urgan areas? It's a real pain having to kill level 80 mobs for Imperial standing, I know about besieged but I never seem to be able to catch one.
    Could be fun, but wanted to say you can trade vouchers for ISP too. Just a reminder.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

While briefly mentioned during the AMA the other day, and also outlined in the August version update announcement, we’ll be making several adjustments to make it easier for melee to function in battle.
    • Adjustments to defense from VIT
      We’ll be increasing the amount of defense players gain depending on their VIT.

• Adjustments to monster evasion
      We’ll be lowering the evasion values for high-level monsters. The higher the monster’s level, the more we will be reducing their evasion.

• Adjustments to damage from AoE abilities
      When a monster utilizes a magic-based AoE ability, we will be reducing the damage incurred by players other than the main target. As this is tied to overall battle balancing, we’ll first be implementing this adjustment for the monsters that appear in Legion and Ambuscade, and we’d like everyone to try it out and let us know your feedback.

hello Camate and Akihiko Matsui I have notice that not many people talk about the Doh Gate apex crab. I know you have no plans to allow people to transfer their hard earn job points to others job that can't get job points fast like the black mage, scholar, geo, and rdm. So will this new adjustment allow people to invite DD party set up for Apex monsters in Doh Gate?

I have killed apex monster for a long time now with a party set up like sch,geo, pld, bst, blmx2 that can kill apex crab every 15 to 30 seconds using magic burst earning 30,000 to 60,000 chain capacity points per enemy. Now my concern is how is a DD job going to compete with that kind of power from magic burst? I don't know how you gonna balance this between DD and Mages because it seems like a difficult task to please people without getting hate.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Between RUN's 100/1200, Erilaz Head +1 and Futhark Trousers +1 there's quite a bit of enhancing duration (55%). How much more do you want?
    They probably want Composure style duration, personally it's pointless not like you can keep buffs up for any extended amount of time anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    hello Camate and Akihiko Matsui I have notice that not many people talk about the Doh Gate apex crab. I know you have no plans to allow people to transfer their hard earn job points to others job that can't get job points fast like the black mage, scholar, geo, and rdm. So will this new adjustment allow people to invite DD party set up for Apex monsters in Doh Gate?

I have killed apex monster for a long time now with a party set up like sch,geo, pld, bst, blmx2 that can kill apex crab every 15 to 30 seconds using magic burst earning 30,000 to 60,000 chain capacity points per enemy. Now my concern is how is a DD job going to compete with that kind of power from magic burst? I don't know how you gonna balance this between DD and Mages because it seems like a difficult task to please people without getting hate.
    I JP'd my RUN to 2100 against Apex bats in a melee style group. The only thing stopping a melee style party from working is the community.

Protip: You should still skillchain even if there isn't anyone to magic burst. WS's almost always mirror damage and multi-steps start to get added multipliers on it. So you can close a 4-step and get 2-3x the WS in damage.

But don't try to do a melee style party on crabs, they don't take melee damage well, do bats (barwater to resist attack down) or raptors in Moh Gates.
    (1)

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast