Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Game/Job balance suggestions

I don't frequent these forums much, but I have a number of suggestions I'd like to throw around and see if any stick with the Dev team:

Job adjustments:

MNK - They need a fTP increase on one of their WS similar to Savage Blade or Rudra's Storm where it can do very significant damage with high TP. Also maybe a better scaling of DPS with stats.

THF - Change JP category to be 1s off SA and TA instead of the DEX and AGI bonus, respectively.

RDM - Give them Haste 3, fully capped magic haste in one spell.

BRD - One of their JP gifts should be Honor Minne. It should give Defense, Magic Defense and Magic evasion, with a Gjallarhorn it should be between Dunna and Idris geo for their respective spells. The +defense should not stack with Mighty Guard from BLU. Increase the skill cap on their spells above its current 600.

DRG - Their pet needs more baseline DT.

BLU - Multi-part changes:

1) All their stat boosts from gifts need to be reduced. The job baseline is weak and gets stronger with equipping spells, as such it should start with low stats even with gifts. It should be a tier above WHM in melee and a tier above DRG in magic defenses.

2) Mighty Guard should overwrite cocoon. If MG is down via dispels, it can still be used as a defensive spell, but +75% defense is silly strong.

3) Mighty Guard needs to be AOE without the use of Diffusion. This really tears apart any job diversity as MG supplies 15% haste, allows a BLU to self-cap haste and then the party has to either bend over backwards to haste cap another melee...or just invite another BLU.

COR - At least A- Marksmanship...please?

RUN - Could we get a 1min cooldown ability that'll make the next rune enchantment give us 3 of that rune type?

Non-job specific Adjustments:

2h weapons need a better way to reach the delay cap than Hasso or Last Resort. RUN and WAR should not have to rely on subjobs to reach something as basic as attack speed in todays FFXI.

WHM and SCH should get Haste 2.

All melee aside from BLU (and RNG since they're at the higher tier) should get an extra buff to their accuracy from gifts.

Add secondary stats to the Domain Invasion vorseals. Regen should have hp++, Refresh should have MDB++, and Accuracy++ should have Defense++, maybe 10 defense per tier? Also the dragon should have it's magic attack and number of adds it spawns reduced if there are low numbers involved in the fight.

I think that's all I have for now. Thank you for your time.
    (2)

I would like to see the return of monk as a high damage-over-time class. More than two melee (sometimes including the tank) has steep diminishing returns vs value in content here the primary goal is to create a skillchain. A class that is not dependent on large ws for damage would actually be welcome. I'd give them a fulltimeable stance that decreased their ws potency but increased their white-damage and caps subtle blow for them. Just an idea.

There are some problems however: Just how hard would a monk have to hit to keep up with the weaponskills people are cranking out at his ilvl? Also, fights where you need to full-time some defensive gear become problematic, but this goes back to the larger problem. It's combat that is flawed and not truly most classes (mnk being an exception).

---

I don't think that RDMs need Haste III. I don't think that addresses the flaws in the class at all.

---

On delay-capping.. RUN--being a tank--should need to sub something else when an aspect of DPS is their primary concern. As for warrior, I think subbing SAM is a fine thing. There aren't many other subs a warrior would use besides ninja sometimes (I can't say how good war/nin is, especially post-fencer. I rarely see warriors on my server and never war/nin). If you're subbing something else for survivability/tankability, this should come at a cost to your dps. That's the trade-off for subjobs.

---

I think all melee including rng (but not blu) should get a further accuracy bonus (even 20). Accuracy is part of what RNG is.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Making monk a pure damage over time job would be neat, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. WS's are so high damage now, especially with the very high added damage of skillchains, that white damage is well under half of any jobs damage these days. So it would take double or triple of a monks damage to reach that feat, which would potentially break things in other ways.

RDM's major flaw right now is it doesn't fit a party slot. This is because even with haste 2 you need to bring another support job to cap haste for non-BLU (who don't even need haste 2). GEO is a staple of the party now because of frailty and now you basically add a 2nd GEO to haste cap over any other support. A RDM being able to haste cap any melee in the game would allow WHM-RDM-GEO to be a viable backline for a party that consists of almost any melee job combination for the front line. Otherwise a RDM can engage in either melee for SC purposes (mostly for opening, they can TP quickly and have high accuracy, but don't have access to gear to make CDC very potent) or stand back and nuke for respectable damage (in proper gear I've had LS mates claim to hit 90k MB's in Apex). RDM has many neat tools and I think Frazzle/Distract III, Addle II and Inundation are very underestimated in the current game, and this all comes back to RDM not really fitting into a party slot, which haste 3 fixes.

If RUN is tanking it needs to be in tank gear, otherwise it's extremely at risk as the job already lacks defense, running around without DT also is essentially why we never use NIN to tank anything, it's too risky. So to a point you may be right, RUN also doesn't have exceptional offensive traits/JA's to be a huge risk on that end if 2h jobs are given a way to delay cap as an outright option. WAR is essentially locked on /nin for dual wielding or /sam for 2h, and that's just not fun. As a THF I have viable subs of NIN, WAR, SAM, RUN and DNC, as COR I have NIN, DNC, RDM, RNG, SAM, why should a job be locked to only one viable subjob?

The only reason I excluded RNG is because it really doesn't need the accuracy. My COR can shoot ru'aun t3's easily, and pretty sure RNG has well over 100 accuracy over my COR, add on Armageddon which I do not yet have and I think RNG breaking 1700 racc isn't insane, which is well above all other jobs really. This is inside Escha with buffed vorseals, obviously. Ranged damage may need to be looked at, though, otherwise I'd think ranged t4's would be perfectly viable but I don't see that strat being tossed around.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Making monk a pure damage over time job would be neat, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. WS's are so high damage now, especially with the very high added damage of skillchains, that white damage is well under half of any jobs damage these days. So it would take double or triple of a monks damage to reach that feat, which would potentially break things in other ways.
    RDM's major flaw right now is it doesn't fit a party slot. This is because even with haste 2 you need to bring another support job to cap haste for non-BLU (who don't even need haste 2). GEO is a staple of the party now because of frailty and now you basically add a 2nd GEO to haste cap over any other support. A RDM being able to haste cap any melee in the game would allow WHM-RDM-GEO to be a viable backline for a party that consists of almost any melee job combination for the front line. Otherwise a RDM can engage in either melee for SC purposes (mostly for opening, they can TP quickly and have high accuracy, but don't have access to gear to make CDC very potent) or stand back and nuke for respectable damage (in proper gear I've had LS mates claim to hit 90k MB's in Apex). RDM has many neat tools and I think Frazzle/Distract III, Addle II and Inundation are very underestimated in the current game, and this all comes back to RDM not really fitting into a party slot, which haste 3 fixes.
    RDM doesn't fit a party spot because it's not the best at anything it does, except enfeebling but that's largely useless these days or just not concern enough to give up a blm/sch/geo's party spot. It used to be nice when paralyze stopped an otherwise unstunnable Meteor, but now, so what. Let the Aegis eat it. If you have to deal with Meteor Spam, let vex/attune or fend/wilt eat it. No loss.

Edit: As matter of fact, constistent damage is better than might-happen huge damage. I'd rather take moderate damage than every meteor than none from some because of paralyze and then have the party wipe because one got through.

I get being immune to silence but I think it's crazy that mobs can be immune (or practically immune) to Paralyze II/Slow II/Blind II. Better yet, make Silence "II" work as well, but make some borderline rage when they do get silenced. Give BLM mobs Myrkr, that would be neat.

Bringing it for Haste II or "III" holds no weight when you can put a GEO or even BRD in that slot and haste upkeep is much easier and they can provide other relevant support (another bubble, a weaker entrusted bubble/other buffs and different buffs to different party members).

If RUN is tanking it needs to be in tank gear, otherwise it's extremely at risk as the job already lacks defense, running around without DT also is essentially why we never use NIN to tank anything, it's too risky. So to a point you may be right, RUN also doesn't have exceptional offensive traits/JA's to be a huge risk on that end if 2h jobs are given a way to delay cap as an outright option.
    RUN is locked to DT gear? So is PLD. People have this idea that defense is this amazing stat and yes, I love defense and love that my PLD can hover at 2k defense using food and Defender, but it's -DT that saves my life. I could go tank things in DD gear but I'd die nearly as easy as anyone else. Shield block is still a thing, but goodbye to the 0s that slow TP feed, hello TP feed and hello healer enmity-capping.

WAR is essentially locked on /nin for dual wielding or /sam for 2h, and that's just not fun. As a THF I have viable subs of NIN, WAR, SAM, RUN and DNC, as COR I have NIN, DNC, RDM, RNG, SAM, why should a job be locked to only one viable subjob?
    Subbing nin is a trend for warrior now? I thought Fencer was all the rage? Again, never really see them at serious content, or even at the auction house, but of course you're on Asura so maybe you see them a lot more than I do.

The only reason I excluded RNG is because it really doesn't need the accuracy. My COR can shoot ru'aun t3's easily, and pretty sure RNG has well over 100 accuracy over my COR, add on Armageddon which I do not yet have and I think RNG breaking 1700 racc isn't insane, which is well above all other jobs really. This is inside Escha with buffed vorseals, obviously. Ranged damage may need to be looked at, though, otherwise I'd think ranged t4's would be perfectly viable but I don't see that strat being tossed around.
    I'm not sure ranged attacks need a buff. Being nearly as safe as mages because of distance (you can't just sit in -DT gear between specials) should come at some expense. I think the reason we don't do ranger burns is because Immanence is too darn good. I love clearing content and Immanence helps a lot of people do that, but it renders melee useless and lets everyone pretend that balance isn't that bad. Balance may be worse now than it ever has been before.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 06-18-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Drg's pet wyvern is fine with survivability and DT imo, it's drg that would need a boost to that if anything. They could use a fix to their ws too, they have some of the weakest WS of any job bar blm and smn.

Most Blu's would probably still use diffusion with MG for the extra time it adds
    (0)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 06-18-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    RDM doesn't fit a party spot because it's not the best at anything it does, except enfeebling but that's largely useless these days or just not concern enough to give up a blm/sch/geo's party spot. It used to be nice when paralyze stopped an otherwise unstunnable Meteor, but now, so what. Let the Aegis eat it. If you have to deal with Meteor Spam, let vex/attune or fend/wilt eat it. No loss.

Edit: As matter of fact, constistent damage is better than might-happen huge damage. I'd rather take moderate damage than every meteor than none from some because of paralyze and then have the party wipe because one got through.

I get being immune to silence but I think it's crazy that mobs can be immune (or practically immune) to Paralyze II/Slow II/Blind II. Better yet, make Silence "II" work as well, but make some borderline rage when they do get silenced. Give BLM mobs Myrkr, that would be neat.

Bringing it for Haste II or "III" holds no weight when you can put a GEO or even BRD in that slot and haste upkeep is much easier and they can provide other relevant support (another bubble, a weaker entrusted bubble/other buffs and different buffs to different party members).
    If you're bringing a GEO and Indi-haste is one of their spells, a RDM is better used for that slot in almost all situations. GEO-RDM-WHM is better than GEO-GEO-WHM as a backline. One geo covers frailty/malaise, the biggest things a GEO will ever bring to a group, and then that 2nd geo is going to be to haste cap and a lesser extra buff. But RDM can cure better, has refresh 2 for mages, inundation for melee, dia 3, addle 2 (which comes with an extra -mag acc debuff) and brings frazzle/distract 3 that act as both languor and torpor and a RDM would absolutely be better than a 2nd GEO...if that RDM could cap magic haste. As it stands now RDM cannot replace a WHM in any content that requires a WHM, nor can it replace a GEO or BRD because it cannot cap magic haste. If it had Haste 3 it could cap magic haste and instantly worth bringing into many different configurations, as well as opening up using some of the melee that get hit harder (tossing phalanx 2 onto a war that has access to souveran for example).

Your standard configuration is almost always going to be Tank, DD, DD, GEO, support, WHM. If that support cannot cap magic haste then a 2nd GEO is better in that slot. The reason BRD doesn't really fit is because they cannot offer nearly as significant buff/debuffs (as minuet and such cap at 600 skill) but a RDM has access to significant nuking gear, or significant melee gear, allowing them to play either variety depending on the party needs. But again, magic haste cap is essential to them having a valid party slot.

RUN is locked to DT gear? So is PLD. People have this idea that defense is this amazing stat and yes, I love defense and love that my PLD can hover at 2k defense using food and Defender, but it's -DT that saves my life. I could go tank things in DD gear but I'd die nearly as easy as anyone else. Shield block is still a thing, but goodbye to the 0s that slow TP feed, hello TP feed and hello healer enmity-capping.
    This is a bit subjective based on the job and content you're doing, but defense is ABSOLUTELY significant. I know this because of my GEO, I was doing Ironside and wiped, I RR'd on my geo, and yes I switched into my PDT-50% gear, but I also used barrier/wilt/phalanx and I was taking low double digit damage per swing. I was able to survive against him with no issues, and largely because of the capped defense I had on him as without the defense he'd still be hitting for 250-350 a swing, capped DT is still 125-175 a swing, defense is what got me down to 20-40 a swing. On some content defense is absolutely king which is a large part of why RUN's standard tank sub is BLU.

Subbing nin is a trend for warrior now? I thought Fencer was all the rage? Again, never really see them at serious content, or even at the auction house, but of course you're on Asura so maybe you see them a lot more than I do.
    No, warriors still don't exist in any capacity, but warrior cannot hit the delay cap unless /nin with DW gear or /sam with hasso. There is some very niche use to say WAR/THF with fencer+savage blade, but you won't see that in too many places. But only having two viable subs is kinda lame, there should be more variety available to 2h jobs.

I'm not sure ranged attacks need a buff. Being nearly as safe as mages because of distance (you can't just sit in -DT gear between specials) should come at some expense. I think the reason we don't do ranger burns is because Immanence is too darn good. I love clearing content and Immanence helps a lot of people do that, but it renders melee useless and lets everyone pretend that balance isn't that bad. Balance may be worse now than it ever has been before.
    Fair enough. Major issue is that melee simply cannot survive in content (which is why my final suggestion involves extra HP/MDB) so you cannot get rid of immanence right now without rendering a lot of content impossible (or rather, BST only I'd say).

OH YEAH, I forgot one more suggestion I wanted to make:

COR, BRD and GEO buffs should be alliance-wide. One major issue is that by the time you stack all the support necessary to try to melee t3/t4 content you only have one melee slot left. Alliance-wide buffs could allow a 2-3 job melee party a lot more easily, and could let that be a viable strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Most Blu's would probably still use diffusion with MG for the extra time it adds
    Fair point, then increase duration to 5min with proper skill or something, let it be something they can full time, assuming no dispels (or maybe make it undispellable...)
    (1)
    Last edited by Eaglestrike; 06-18-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Good to see you on the forums Lady.

Sadly I don't agree with much of these changes. In many ways it dosen't fix the Dynamic. Let me take a crack at some of these adjustments for a bit if you'll entertain.

MNK - There is a lot of underutilized skill power here that really could be utilized, rather than just giving a flat fTP fix. It's missing the 550 and 1200 JP break points that other jobs have that give it an edge. Some things in mind for those points is a large Save TP return for using Dragon/Tornado Kick while under the effect of Footwork.

I'm not all that knowledgeable about the class in particular but my understanding was the idea of boosting the class. Adjusting fTP adjusts Puppetmaster as well in this case so probably not the ideal route.

THF - No point nerfing a powerful bonus effect to gain a better retimer. There is already a category in Merits that does exactly what you want. Instead, let's change the 550 Merit marker again, shall we? This time for Thief. A successful Sneak Attack has a chance to reset Trick Attack, and vice versa. Have it on a low-ish percentage. This will accomplish what you want in overall DPS but it also fits the element of Thief being a spike-damage class. It's worth losing the 3% Dual Wield straight for this, and it adds an exciting dynamic to the class.

RDM - Give them Haste 3, fully capped magic haste in one spell.
    0.o? Absolutely no point to this. To be dead honest, Red Mage is actually in a good place right now. It's suffering because of problems that the whole player-base is encountering - which is that the flavor of the month jobs have advantages that can't be overcome without nerfing those said mechanics. GEO has buffs no one else has and debuffs that are unresistable. Most classes in game are suffering from physical accuracy problems due to poor scaling and difficulty obtaining sufficient accuracy bonuses. Many second and all third tier Echa bosses are completely Melee unfriendly due to lack of methods of effectively mitigating incoming damage and status effects.

As far as 'Red Mage has nothing specific to make it enticing to parties'. That's by design. If Red Mage is popular just on its mechanics, something is wrong. A Red Mage in and of itself is an individualistic job. It offers a lot of everything and can prove worth in its party slot in almost any role. As far as adjustments it needs? Being someon that was constantly critical of how they handled Red Mage throughout the years I... honestly don't see a Red Mage specific point lacking right now. Evasion reduction, M.Evasion reduction, scaling Defense reduction, enough self-buffs and gear to make Melee worthwhile on many NMs (and more survivable than other melees if played right.) We've got a lot to offer. It's these problems that prevent what we bring to the table from shining that's the issue.

Now, do I have a wishlist? Sure. An attack increasing spell to solve the problem that we're attack starved. As well as a debuff that decreases magical defence/magic damage increasing buff - seeming pretty much every other support has them in spades, I'd like. The latter being more important as we have nothing in that regard as opposed to Physical where we have Dia. But these are minor.

BRD - I like your idea, but I think instead of it being those statistical buffs, that Honor Minne should be flat damage reduction %. Going again on the problem that Melee Range is a bit too dangerous to have melee present in the front lines right now, this spell on a class that leans towards Melee buffs more than magic ones anyways would be a rock solid addition.

BLU - Hm. The problem with nerfing or changing blue right now is that the other jobs aren't at the performance they should be. Buff before nerf. But I do feel the two-tiers of trait bonuses was a bit much just off-hand. Just flat out nerfing it, however, does not solve the problem. No adjustments on spells are needed at this point and changing them are border-lining on jealousy. BLU has a problem with how high it scales at its top end, not necessarily the spells itself.

DRG - Um.. just needs to be played more.. really. I'd like to see a trait that give some stats gained to the pet via gear given back to the DRG. But the stat boosts for keeping both alive are fairly significant and there is a crap ton of available pet gear to make them monstrous, so really DRG itself just needs to keep up with the rest of the problems happening to 2h jobs right now.

COR - Increasing its Marksmanship is a pasebo at this point. COR is pretty popular and can output a lot, both on the WS and on the MB end. Again, decreasing the overall ACC threshold or give ease of access to more ACC vorseals would help.

Non-job specific Adjustments:

2h weapons need a better way to reach the delay cap than Hasso or Last Resort. RUN and WAR should not have to rely on subjobs to reach something as basic as attack speed in todays FFXI.
    2H jobs do need an adjustment, especially seeming the idea of locking one subjob for an entire archetype of classes seems a bit outdated.

WHM and SCH should get Haste 2.
    Absolutely not, there's no need to add that when there are plethora of other jobs that provide it and these jobs specifically are already staples due to adding other things to the table. Give both of these jobs stronger damage mitigation spells or skills, that's where endgame is truly suffering.(Not regeneration, mitigation.)

All melee aside from BLU (and RNG since they're at the higher tier) should get an extra buff to their accuracy from gifts.
    This is one route, but I don't think this solves the core problem. Accuracy has always had problems between cap and floor based off of hard numbers rather than scaling percentages. Accuracy needed to hit higher end monsters in general should be lowered, and the scaling percentage for melees to hit the accuracy floor reduced. Honestly the same could be said for M.Acc but as players are pretty much relying on Magic Bursting to bypass that, it's not seen as an issue. Which makes me wonder, why aren't melee getting bonuses to such things for skill chains? It's a good question to pose.

Secondary stats on vorseals probably good? But more defensive vorseals in general would be great too I don't seem to have a limit to how many vorseals I can activate anyways.

All and all, good ideas I see, but some of them stem from larger problems that just need to be solved to bring things up. I'm always up for bouncing ideas back and forth if you'd like to chat.
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    THF - No point nerfing a powerful bonus effect to gain a better retimer. There is already a category in Merits that does exactly what you want. Instead, let's change the 550 Merit marker again, shall we? This time for Thief. A successful Sneak Attack has a chance to reset Trick Attack, and vice versa. Have it on a low-ish percentage. This will accomplish what you want in overall DPS but it also fits the element of Thief being a spike-damage class. It's worth losing the 3% Dual Wield straight for this, and it adds an exciting dynamic to the class.
    As much as I'd enjoy a mechanic like this being doable in this game (and I guess maybe it already is based on snake eye relic augment...) this option is both entirely unreliable and likely not something they can program in. The DEX/AGI bonus really isn't that significant anyway, as the bonus damage added to SA and TA is rather tiny compared to simply the fact that it's a forced crit, as the bonus damage of SA and TA are not factored into the fTP bonus of the WS they're stacking things with.

As far as 'Red Mage has nothing specific to make it enticing to parties'. That's by design.
    I simply do not agree with this style of development. In an MMO heavily based on party mechanics you should not simply write off a job as a solo one. RDM has been a rather staple of every FF game and every FF game has been a party focused game. To write it off because it was originally very powerful at solo player and keep it from being buffed just seems like lazy development, not smart balance.

You're right in that RDM has a lot going for it, and that's why the only suggestion I have to give the job a party slot is to be able to solo cap magic haste for the party. Ever since BLU could self cap haste and GEO came out with Indi-haste the backline configuration of the game has been heavily skewed, and the combination of locking down a target via enfeebles and giving melee phalanx/haste 2 could offer an alternative than the current "throw BLU's at it".

BRD - I like your idea, but I think instead of it being those statistical buffs, that Honor Minne should be flat damage reduction %. Going again on the problem that Melee Range is a bit too dangerous to have melee present in the front lines right now, this spell on a class that leans towards Melee buffs more than magic ones anyways would be a rock solid addition.
    I could get behind this, but as a slight twist, do both. Honor Minne as I suggested it, and then add a Barrier Tusk-style damage reduction song.

BLU - Hm. The problem with nerfing or changing blue right now is that the other jobs aren't at the performance they should be. Buff before nerf. But I do feel the two-tiers of trait bonuses was a bit much just off-hand. Just flat out nerfing it, however, does not solve the problem. No adjustments on spells are needed at this point and changing them are border-lining on jealousy. BLU has a problem with how high it scales at its top end, not necessarily the spells itself.
    The biggest nerf I have for BLU is not allowing cocoon and MG to stack, and since none of the other jobs have anything similar to either one of those spells, much less both, there's really no way to buff everyone else without making BLU absolutely insane. The gift nerf I suggested wouldn't be significant in any way, but it'd be a little something to bring them down and I would like to give them AoE Mighty Guard as a compensation for it. All the good BLU's would still be absolutely dominant with these changes, but maybe we'd get some more melee diversity.

As for the buffs before nerfs that's the whole idea behind BRD buffs, to add some more mitigation to everyone. But as it stands you're going to need to nerf BLU's in some way because it's simply too far ahead of everyone else in a few ways. For example if you decrease damage done by bosses, BLU will now benefit from that AND have barrier tusk and +75% damage...they'd just start soloing everything, and the game would be no less skewed towards BLU.

This is one route, but I don't think this solves the core problem. Accuracy has always had problems between cap and floor based off of hard numbers rather than scaling percentages.
    And one of the biggest issues is how different accuracy values jobs have. Just look at the max ACC of a BLU vs a THF or SAM. Just adding up traits and gifts and BLU has about 50 accuracy above THF, in the way accuracy works here that's almost a 25% hit rate if you can get the proper gear/buffs to get within the hit zone. The rest of their discrepancy is the fact that Carmine+1 is insane for +acc and only open to some of the jobs while being the cheapest HQ abjuration set by far. Seriously I'm looking to buy the Adhemar version of +1 pants and last sold for 500mil -.- That's so not worth it.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I simply do not agree with this style of development. In an MMO heavily based on party mechanics you should not simply write off a job as a solo one. RDM has been a rather staple of every FF game and every FF game has been a party focused game. To write it off because it was originally very powerful at solo player and keep it from being buffed just seems like lazy development, not smart balance.

You're right in that RDM has a lot going for it, and that's why the only suggestion I have to give the job a party slot is to be able to solo cap magic haste for the party. Ever since BLU could self cap haste and GEO came out with Indi-haste the backline configuration of the game has been heavily skewed, and the combination of locking down a target via enfeebles and giving melee phalanx/haste 2 could offer an alternative than the current "throw BLU's at it".
    As far as Red Mage being a party staple, that's just player preference to having unnecessary extremes rather than allowing a more rounded class take the plate. Red Mage has been a party staple in Single Player FF games because it can fill multiple roles and be a strong indepndant force (RDM Solo runs go!) and adds to the party because of that flexibility. The very same philosophy applies here, but the player mentality is different.

As far as having something unique to the plate Red Mage already has something quite unique to itself that no other class has - Skillchain Bonus in a unresistant caster debuff form. It's seriously underutilized and underappreciated. Enabling a THF to bust out a 60K Darkness, just from the RDM and the THF working together on a three step is nothing to snuff at. (AND it holds a longer burst window open than a SCH doing it themselves) If anything, I'd recommend a buff to that before something like maxing haste that can already be done with classes that exist in party.

THF - A little bit of unreliable luck is fine, and it can be programmed within existing limitations, the reset mechanic is already programmed into an independent flag trigger, Revitalizer, and Cor 2hr proves that the flag exists. Again, the way you're including it is redundant to already existing mechanics. That's my only real protest. I'd like there to be stronger synergy to properly utilizing these skills independently.

BLU - Cocoon and Mighty Guard, eh, not as huge of a thing, I've seen plenty BLUs get crushed even with both up, this is another one of those 'it's helpful but it amounts to a placebo in the long run' when it comes to the root of the problem with the class. Again, the ability to stack traits high, and then the bonuses to the spell point capacity becomes a stacking problem that enables BLU to dominate in ways no other class can. You tone this down, things like stacking defense to insane levels starts to feel less like a problem.

This goes the same for the accuracy cap problem. Blue Mage is stacking insane levels of traits that give up to 72 Bonus accuracy just from the trait stacking alone, there's your bonus above THF. Carmine isn't the problem in this regard. Also, neither would be problem if the accuracy issue overall with post level 127 mobs wasn't absolutely insane. BLU could have that accuracy and it wouldn't be an issue of the acc requirement was reachable by most jobs without the advantage. Again, the larger problem is the root problem here, BLU seems even more overpowered due to being the exception to the problem.
    (0)

10. 06-20-2016 02:46 PM

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    All jobs need to be able to hit 99% acc as well. Or at least One hit Weaponskills(maybe even 100% acc), wiping because your WS misses when you are 200+ over cap is stupid
    (3)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast