Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Crawlers are also very forgiving for a DD. I have been in apex parties as BLU with many other DD types to SC for the blms with the same result as a bst or sch solo skillchaining for my blm. I have had a SMN as a burst buddy, I have had a DRG solo skillchaining for me to burst off of. Jobs not being welcomed into an apex party is not the fault of the system at all... any DD pair can make light or darkness quickly with decent buffs. The fault lies in the community. People always have and always will have their favorite set-ups and their prejudices against certain jobs. It doesn't mean that job is ineffective: it means people are unaccepting of it. I'll CP party with anyone, I really don't care. I'll leave if we die a few times. I'll leave if we can't kill the mob in a reasonable amount of time. I will not leave because there is a certain job in my party.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Meleers can do fine in crabs/Jagils. You have to multi-step your SC. GEO, COR and RDM makes a melee focused Apex group shine. Bubbles, Rolls, Leaden Salute and Inundation can make Light/Darkness kill the mob in 1 or 2 WS rounds. The groups I mastered RDM with had COR BLU PLD GEO RDM SCH or COR COR PLD GEO RDM RDM. The SCH or second RDM didn't do anything half the time because Darkness reached 99999 and killed the mob. I've done duo crab/jagil with DRG and GEO. DRG self SC and GEO helped damage a little with MB, but DRG was doing most of the damage, self-3-step Light or Darkness.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    They probably want Composure style duration, personally it's pointless not like you can keep buffs up for any extended amount of time anyway.
    "not like you can keep buffs up for any extended amount of time", huh? You might be sarcastic or have meant the reverse.

Depends on macros / jp progression: Cast phalanx once every 3-4 minutes. Cast crusade once every 5-8. Aquaveil rarely needs recast, and Foil is meant to be repeatedly cast (and is delicious enmity so that's awesome). Temper has great duration as well, as do barspells if you're using your own (vs a healer's).

As a PLD main (but also liking RUN 2k/2100 atm), I'd love some buff duration gear. The "hardest" part about run is juggling runes after you've used Rayke or Gambit.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    "not like you can keep buffs up for any extended amount of time", huh? You might be sarcastic or have meant the reverse.

Depends on macros / jp progression: Cast phalanx once every 3-4 minutes. Cast crusade once every 5-8. Aquaveil rarely needs recast, and Foil is meant to be repeatedly cast (and is delicious enmity so that's awesome). Temper has great duration as well, as do barspells if you're using your own (vs a healer's).

As a PLD main (but also liking RUN 2k/2100 atm), I'd love some buff duration gear. The "hardest" part about run is juggling runes after you've used Rayke or Gambit.
    Or referring to the frequency of Dispel moves mobs have.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Or referring to the frequency of Dispel moves mobs have.
    Oh, alright. I really just thought you made a typo. Thanks for clearing that up!
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    Meleers can do fine in crabs/Jagils. You have to multi-step your SC. GEO, COR and RDM makes a melee focused Apex group shine. Bubbles, Rolls, Leaden Salute and Inundation can make Light/Darkness kill the mob in 1 or 2 WS rounds. The groups I mastered RDM with had COR BLU PLD GEO RDM SCH or COR COR PLD GEO RDM RDM. The SCH or second RDM didn't do anything half the time because Darkness reached 99999 and killed the mob. I've done duo crab/jagil with DRG and GEO. DRG self SC and GEO helped damage a little with MB, but DRG was doing most of the damage, self-3-step Light or Darkness.
    If you're doing a fully melee-focused Apex party then crabs are a terrible mob to choose. They are PLD mobs with defense boosting TP moves. They were historically the exp mob of choice because they were also the least dangerous mob types. In Apex danger isn't really an issue (as most Apex groups skip a WHM) so there is no good reason to go to Apex crabs in a melee group. Go to another mob type and you will get better CP.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    I JP'd my RUN to 2100 against Apex bats in a melee style group. The only thing stopping a melee style party from working is the community.

Protip: You should still skillchain even if there isn't anyone to magic burst. WS's almost always mirror damage and multi-steps start to get added multipliers on it. So you can close a 4-step and get 2-3x the WS in damage.

But don't try to do a melee style party on crabs, they don't take melee damage well, do bats (barwater to resist attack down) or raptors in Moh Gates.

So Apex Bats is the way to go with melee set up. How long does it take your group to kill a apex bat with melee set up? 30 second per enemy or 1 minute? is it possible to chain capacity points up to 100+? I remember moh gate bat offer melee friendly chain capacity points but they aren't apex mob but it use to be popular way back than.

If apex monster are being adjusted along with content level NM as mention by Camate in august update than it could be good to experience point in Doh Gate with a melee party instead of a magic burst set up or maybe only content level NM are being adjusted not Apex monsters. Otherwise, spending time solo with trust in Reisenjima for job points might be better at this moment.
    (0)

I prefer crabs, mana burns, but crawlers are my favorite melee target but I honestly prefer a trust rdm (koru moru is great) because they never miss a dispel which is highly useful getting rid of the cocoon. Humans get bored/tired/distracted/react slower.

The same could be said for meleeing crabs but yeah they do have higher defense, a defense move, and a Shell move if you do have someone bursting.
    (0)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Between RUN's 100/1200, Erilaz Head +1 and Futhark Trousers +1 there's quite a bit of enhancing duration (55%). How much more do you want?
    Well have you seen the duration of some blu magic spells? They last almost 14 minutes or more I would be fine with something along the lines of that.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm just saying I've been in melee focused parties that have done fine with crabs. Usually a RDM or trust dispels the defense boost or the party is focused on SC damage (stacking Darkness with Leaden Salute will overkill the mob anyway). Have done bats before as well but I remember people with lower JP having acc issues because they are more evasive.
    (0)

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast