Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Figured I'd go ahead and bold he ones that you generally need to cast, most the time, and nin shadows if you're /nin. WHM's and SCH's (esp SCH) regen is more potent and likewise for WHM's barspells. Refresh it during fight, maybe if the whm can't. I can refresh myself during the fight if noone else is. You basically just listed off every buff RUN has as buffs RUN needs to cast.

I can cast Temper early in the fight after first enmity unload. It has some volatile enmity on it (the kind that decays over time) so it's probably better than whiffing.

There are very few fights that open hard and need pre-emptive stoneskin for.

I like rune > crusade > rune > phalanx > rune > aquaveil.

Oh and foil.

If you're talking about apex, you hardly need to preload all those spells. Stagger them throughout the fights.
    My Run is complete 2100 jps full equipment sets and so on. The fights I have to preload all these spells are the current end game nms the ls does(esha t1-t4 and helms).Honestly all that buffing is lame when all a pld has to do is cast 1-3 spells and its good to go.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Railer View Post
    My Run is complete 2100 jps full equipment sets and so on. The fights I have to preload all these spells are the current end game nms the ls does(esha t1-t4 and helms).Honestly all that buffing is lame when all a pld has to do is cast 1-3 spells and its good to go.
    I view it as a fair trade off, PLD makes it easier/simpler to play the role of tank, but it loses out on the substantial offensive benefits RUN brings to the table for tougher end game content using mage-heavy setups.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    PLD has its fair share of self buffing to do. You included pro/shell in run buffs so its only fair to include them in PLD, phalanx,crusade,enlight and reprisal.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Tbh I'd rate SS a spell that needs to be cast constantly on RUN. It's like HP buffer that can buff RUN's HP to 3k in escha even without +HP gears(or 3.5k with good +HP gears), and gives extra room to take hits from high dmg TP moves. SS is cheap and it doesn't take a lot of time to cast on RUN, I don't see a reason not to cast it.

Spikes may have a use, I found shock spikes stuns some adds in escha so it make them hit less if they're stunned every hit.
    Not disagreeing, and if it's a fight you know well, you might even know the ideal time to cast stonekin, but there are very few fights that open hard and need stoneskin at the start.

On top of that, stoneskin has a long duration anyway and is consumed quickly, it probably doesn't need to be recast even if someone did forget a trib.

Spikes are hit or miss. They're not reliable at all but it is nice when they do proc.
    (0)

Player
    Regardless, I fail to see the harm in general in enhancing the duration on all buffing magic that has a recast lower than it's duration. I get not changing Reprisal, or Dread Spikes, or any Unbridled Spell's duration, afterall, these are meant to be duration limited buffs.

But any other spell you find yourself recasting all the time: Crusade, Foil, Phalanx, Temper, Refresh, Barspells, Cocoon, Nature's Meditation, Spikes, Barspells, Boost-Stat, Auspice, Regen, Aquaveil, I see no harm whatsoever in increasing the duration on.

Yes, technically it makes you more efficient as you can melee/whatever during the time you would've been reapplying, but I highly doubt it would seriously imbalance anything, and it would be one heck of a lot less annoying as a quality of life issue. I'm all for it.

I do agree though, there's not much point to increasing the duration on Shadows or Stoneskin, unless you up the stoneskin amount, which, would be nice but not necessary.
    (1)

Player
    Suggestion: Give MNK/SAM/NIN a job trait that has a chance on hit to inhibit mob TP gain. It would also need to stop innate regain when it procs.

It would help with TP move spam via a mechanic you can adjust as needed, and it would give people a reason to take said jobs to content. Other than MNK, I think SAM and NIN just need a tiny bump to become viable in the current BLU everything meta.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookies75 View Post
    Suggestion: Give MNK/SAM/NIN a job trait that has a chance on hit to inhibit mob TP gain. It would also need to stop innate regain when it procs.

It would help with TP move spam via a mechanic you can adjust as needed, and it would give people a reason to take said jobs to content. Other than MNK, I think SAM and NIN just need a tiny bump to become viable in the current BLU everything meta.
    Not so sure this would work. THF can inhibit TP gain, as can NIN. THF can even steal some TP, though not quickly. These jobs aren't shouted for in content.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    THF - Change JP category to be 1s off SA and TA instead of the DEX and AGI bonus, respectively.
    I approve but it will never happen because it would make THF too competitive with DNC and DNC is to THF what RUN is to RDM i.e. in SE's mind DNC is what we always wanted THF to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post

COR - At least A- Marksmanship...please?
    RNG is so broken and useless now that it can't be saved anyway so sure, why not? Might as well put that final nail in the coffin and just grey it out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 08-23-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21