Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I admit I'm going by the assumption Stun doesn't work anymore or resistance is built very fast. Because I'm old school and I'm used to RDM enfs doing sh... nothing much.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Stun is pretty resistant for the most part from what I've seen, but we've also only been using Languor. What happens if you toss on a RDM's Frazzle III? Or add in a COR for Warlock's Roll as well? It's possible that stunlocking could quickly become a thing if you make a small party revolving around a Stun build. Of course, I'm guessing here, and it could be that this is no threat. But even if stunning isn't a thing and melee running out to avoid a TP move is (you'd be surprised how many don't know what a DT set is or how to equip it long enough to take a hit), it still won't melee any more viable simply because people will still choose mages for DPS without having to run in circles.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Oh another thing they need to get rid of is the HP scaling. Sorry it just doesn't work and causes people to exclude others and certain jobs. I think it's just a big detriment to the game considering people can win these fights regardless of the HP increase, it just makes it more stressful and forces change in setup.
    (7)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yeah it's not that we can't get enough support to make sure our DDs hit the mob and survive... it's just that it then makes you have to deal even more damage faster. Heck scaling wouldn't even be as bad if everything wasn't such a strict time limit. While I'm certainly not saying we should bring back fights that are designed to take hours things like 15 minutes with hp scaling really discourages comradery and trying different things or just not going with the absolute most efficient set ups because you will just completely lose instead of just taking longer or have a harder time and maybe wipe
    (2)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Yeah it's not that we can't get enough support to make sure our DDs hit the mob and survive... it's just that it then makes you have to deal even more damage faster. Heck scaling wouldn't even be as bad if everything wasn't such a strict time limit. While I'm certainly not saying we should bring back fights that are designed to take hours things like 15 minutes with hp scaling really discourages comradery and trying different things or just not going with the absolute most efficient set ups because you will just completely lose instead of just taking longer or have a harder time and maybe wipe
    I don't care for all the time limits either.

They probably have them so as to add more value to the damage dealer classes. That way the more defensive jobs can't whittle everything down on their own.

Over all, I believe this game does a good job at providing an interesting and useful variety of jobs. Sure, there are some balance issues. But considering the complexities of its battle system I believe it does a pretty good job. One only has to go play final fantasy 14 to see what a perfectly balanced game looks like - and it's rather dull.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    *stare*

This is where I think you're trolling. RDM already has access to Tier V nukes, they're given, in bulk, as a JP gift. (100 points)

Phalanx (the Tier I version) can already be Accessioned, that can negate about 48 damage per hit when you actually make a gears set for it.

Oh, and Red mage has Refresh III (and Temper II)as a 1200 gift, just thought I'd mention that.

In fact, Red Mage is already 'competitive' in Magic Burst meta, (meaning that it can fill the slot if needed.) as it can both magic burst and contribute to skillchain, and quite well at that - provided they bother putting the effort toward gearing it.

I've been noticing the trend of Red Mages pulling away from the role of simply being support and actually being one of the performers on the ground. Not as high of damage as the peak roles, for certain, but that is due to their level of versatility. I've heard people want buffs from Red Mages so they can pin them into a certain niche, but honestly, that goes against the Jobs Design in my opinion. Beyond that, it's the same issue Red Mages always have - they can do well, but you actually have to put effort in to it in order for that to happen.

IMO it can stay "in obscurity", just be sure not to leave the RDM tag off of the next good set of Leather/Dex gear coming out - for those actually playing the Job.
    Ah ok my bad sorry!. I play mostly SAM, WAR, DRK and THF. I hardly touch mage jobs!.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The only 3 things I can see helping RDM truly:

1. Either adding RDM to a few more melee sets or giving them more traits/JAs that are melee focused. It's either you want us to be jack of all trades or not. RDM Job gifts and points are for the most part magic focused and they are attack and accuracy starved in endgame content without the best gear (sometimes even then). We aren't included on any melee Ambuscade gear, only one Reisenjima set (that isn't even melee focused without augments), and one 119 Abjuration. Many still have to use Taeon.

2. New spells. Nothing ridiculous like Refreshaga III or Haste III. Simple and unqiue enfeebles and enhances: Amnesia, Confuse, Curse, Stop (can be a Terror-inducing enfeeble), Poison III, Silence II (?), Reflect I/II (whatever happened to that? We can share it with RUN), Wall, Enspells III (or just redoing II), etc. Another idea is that they could have GEO-inspired, single target buffs/debuffs that affect stats, like Malaise or Fury. They'd be reliant on skill and magic accuracy, can be resisted, have to be reapplied every minute or so, etc. It wouldn't take anything away from GEO since they would stack, give RDM a nice unique place in parties again that falls in with their role. We already get Distract/Frazzle so why not add a few other stat reducing spells?

3. Redoing Stymie. It's a horrible SP ability. Even if it were a duration rather than 1 time would make it infinitely better. GEO debuffs require no accuracy to take affect, just being on the hate list and in range. RDM should be able to use an SP ability to have extremely accurate debuffs for a short period of time. OR! Something else that isn't the crap we have now.

Also, PLEASE at least add Relic WS quests and GEO/RUN to Empyrean WS quests. They don't even have to have the weapon (which I don't understand why they can't but not going to argue about that).
    (0)
    Last edited by Rydal; 06-23-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Character
    Deedlitchan
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    1. Either adding RDM to a few more melee sets or giving them more traits/JAs that are melee focused. It's either you want us to be jack of all trades or not. RDM Job gifts and points are for the most part magic focused and they are attack and accuracy starved in endgame content without the best gear (sometimes even then). We aren't included on any melee Ambuscade gear, only one Reisenjima set (that isn't even melee focused without augments), and one 119 Abjuration. Many still have to use Taeon.
    This, muchly this, especially on the gear bit. It's a travesty we were left off the Herculean set as well as others. Also, that worthless Shield Mastery trait should be done away with and replaced with something useful, maybe accuracy bonus.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    The only 3 things I can see helping RDM truly:

I think this is the clash with RDM. It is a jack of all trades, but different RDMs want RDM to be a master of different aspects and some RDMs want to be a master of all aspects. RDM is a "master" of enfeebling aside from resists/immunities.

Is any other job a master of two aspects? As solid as PLD, BLU, WHM, SCH, GEO, BLM are, they're still average or worse at secondary roles. SCH being kind of the exception, maybe. BLU is an acceptable tank, but RUN and PLD do it better.

2. New spells. Nothing ridiculous like Refreshaga III or Haste III. Simple and unqiue enfeebles and enhances: Amnesia, Confuse, Curse, Stop (can be a Terror-inducing enfeeble), Poison III, Silence II (?), Reflect I/II (whatever happened to that? We can share it with RUN), Wall, Enspells III (or just redoing II), etc. Another idea is that they could have GEO-inspired, single target buffs/debuffs that affect stats, like Malaise or Fury. They'd be reliant on skill and magic accuracy, can be resisted, have to be reapplied every minute or so, etc. It wouldn't take anything away from GEO since they would stack, give RDM a nice unique place in parties again that falls in with their role. We already get Distract/Frazzle so why not add a few other stat reducing spells?
    Neat ideas, but SE would make the bosses immune to the best ones. They know how absurdly OP Amnesia is, they're not going to let players cast it on any remotely worthwhile boss. Curse (-hp) isn't happening, curse (gravity) might happen but there's little point and curse (zombie) might happen but the usage for that is highly highly situational and the best bosses for it would be immune to the effect.

How would Silence II even work?

As for buffing RDM in the buff/debuff department, attention in that regard should go to Bard first.

I feel like RDM is as good as it ever was (well, close) except that bosses are immune/highly resistant to debuffs or the debuffs just aren't needed. Who cares if you can silence/paralyze Thundaga V when it's only going to hit the PLD and only going to hit him for less than 100 anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 06-23-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    If a Tizona/Almace AG BLU go serious, will trash out any DPS you put in front of him. well not even a BLU a Murgeis/Almace AG RDM can do the same. Not amount of Skills can compesate this. beat with 5.0 FTP vs 10/14 FTP at 1000%p Lol
    This almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. You should get out of your mog house more.
    (0)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast