Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reward adjustment

SE, since you have been adamant about correcting the overpowered negative impact of the BST JA adjustment that has severely negatively impacted play, I have a request I hope you'd consider, by itself.

Since our retarded pets will run after anything that hits it, which can immediately cause us problems as our JA's are effectively useless at that point. I'd like to request that the range that reward functions be restored to it's previous range so while we're trying to get our pet's to go back on our intended mobs they don't have to die and cause us to die because they're 8+ yalms away from us chasing the BLM casting aoe's on my head.

If possible, I'd like to avoid this turning into another debate thread - I'd rather just a quick answer from SE and have the thread closed.
    (11)

Player
    As a supporting example, try playing as BST in the Tenzen HTBF... =_=;;
    Your pet will quite literally teleport across the ship's deck and up to the otherwise unreachable taru's whenever it feels like doing so.
    Usually, this means that it spontaneously/instantaneously goes out-of-range for all abilities other than Heel. I would also like to note that the pet will actually run back to your position when Heel is used rather than teleporting which leaves it open to getting smacked around on the way back. This is not a unique situation in-game and similar behavior is what Jile is referencing, but the behavior is 100% reproducible inside "The Warrior's Path" high-tier battlefield so it should be usable for testing/etc to verify that THIS ISSUE IS REAL.
    (5)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    As a supporting example, try playing as BST in the Tenzen HTBF... =_=;;
    Your pet will quite literally teleport across the ship's deck and up to the otherwise unreachable taru's whenever it feels like doing so.
    Usually, this means that it spontaneously/instantaneously goes out-of-range for all abilities other than Heel. I would also like to note that the pet will actually run back to your position when Heel is used rather than teleporting which leaves it open to getting smacked around on the way back. This is not a unique situation in-game and similar behavior is what Jile is referencing, but the behavior is 100% reproducible inside "The Warrior's Path" high-tier battlefield so it should be usable for testing/etc to verify that THIS ISSUE IS REAL.
    Yep. Tenzen is a prime example... Constantly having to resend your pet back to Tenzen makes pet Skill-chains and such almost impossible, and its generally highly annoying.
    (5)

I think they should remove the BST pet hate list at the very least. Since we can't execute any commands but heel once it leaves range we should have full control of it's targets.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I think they should remove the BST pet hate list at the very least. Since we can't execute any commands but heel once it leaves range we should have full control of it's targets.
    Plus logically what pet would disobey it's master when it's right next to it!?!
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Precisely!

SE could also add a new *stance-type* JA called "focused pet" (with the standard animation for no additional coding) that like a WHM's Afflatus Solace that can be used every 1 minute and lasts 2hrs, would force our pet to only attack the target we send it to.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This has always aggravated me.
    It would be awesome for them to have a focused mode.

Maybe SE's "solution" to this was the just patched 5 second cooldown?
    (2)

Player
    >_< Jile, I'm sorry if my attempt to support your post caused it to derail a bit... I really was only trying to support the repairing of Reward only.

The example of Tenzen II fight does work as an illustration for the majority of the intentionally introduced problems with BST, but let's all try to focus on only Reward for now.

As it stands right now, there is no indicator that our pets have changed targets and have decided on their own to teleport out of Reward range. This can result in the pet dying due to a system error even if Reward is off cooldown solely due to the range limitation. Even if the teleporting-when-agro'd glitch were corrected, which I really don't see happening at this point due to the depth of that problem (would likely require a full replacement for all of the pet AIs), then at the very least, Reward still needs an increase in range equal to the range that the pet can randomly poof off to. Somewhere around the 20y range should probably be enough to compensate as a workaround to gloss over the glitch at least.

---------
    While on the topic of Reward, can someone please tell the dev's to stop giving us gear with potency please? Reward+30 does exactly zilch due to reforged AF/relic easily overcapping with a mere two pieces, which also provide additional essential augments so currently it is a 100% factual "bad choice" to use anything else. Stuff like the BST cape from Ambuscade or the feet from Sinister Reign make me sad that everyone else gets usuable stats on theirs, but mine basically has a blank line on it. It might as well read "Reward +0" as that is what the impact of equipping it is.
    More recast reduction would be nice instead, but basically anything would be better than that "blank line".
    (3)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-09-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I was hoping the ambuscade cape was a recast reduction. Then I would no longer need Charmer's ... Oh well.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    A pet that values its life. If my pug were being attacked by another dog, she would either run away crying or turn her attention to her attacker. She wouldn't keep doing whatever she was doing.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast