Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Of course, to counter my own point, a fighting dog would latch on to its inititial prey and not let go . no matter how much you beat on it. Ignore me and carry on !
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    I was hoping the ambuscade cape was a recast reduction. Then I would no longer need Charmer's ... Oh well.
    Charmer's affects Ready, not Reward.. I believe the OP made this thread with the strict intention to exclude discussion about Ready/Sic since that appears to be a sore spot for the devs. ^^;; If the ambuscade cape had Reward recast reduction, I would be a happy camper. There is a surprising lack of ability to hit the reduction cap on Reward.

------
    As an actual contribution to the thread, how about breaking off the poultice-type pet items from Reward? They should either be used with a new JA or as actual on-use items instead of the current implementation. They are not currently viable for clvl gameplay due to the basic healing requirements locking down Reward (often has to be used as soon as recast is up just to keep our pets alive.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-12-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Since our retarded pets will run after anything that hits it, which can immediately cause us problems as our JA's are effectively useless at that point. I'd like to request that the range that reward functions be restored to it's previous range
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I think they should remove the BST pet hate list at the very least. Since we can't execute any commands but heel once it leaves range we should have full control of it's targets.
    This point ties right into my quoted point and perhaps... SE is unaware? Our pets will run after anything that attacks it, and can take it out of the range of all job abilities except heel in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Somewhere around the 20y range should probably be enough to compensate as a workaround to gloss over the glitch at least.
    While I'd really like to see reward be restored to its original distance, 20 yalms would be more realistic than what it is now for sure.

------------

Respectfully, SE community representatives, please bring this thread to DEV attention and provide a public response here on the forum as to their plans to repair the functionality flaw we're requesting be repaired on BST.

Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    This point ties right into my quoted point and perhaps... SE is unaware? Our pets will run after anything that attacks it, and can take it out of the range of all job abilities except heel in a matter of seconds.

While I'd really like to see reward be restored to its original distance, 20 yalms would be more realistic than what it is now for sure.

------------

Respectfully, SE community representatives, please bring this thread to DEV attention and provide a public response here on the forum as to their plans to repair the functionality flaw we're requesting be repaired on BST.

Thank you.
    Asking for anything over 20y would be counterproductive at this point given SE's official/hardline stance on retracting the BST adjustment. Much less than that however, and the race/size issues will still be noticeable. SE is surely aware by now about pets running off out of range, but have no intention of addressing that issue using lore excuses.. When my pet runs off, I usually notice w/in 1-2sec and can Heel without problems.. The glitch I despise is that pets will sometimes teleport instantaneously out of range giving me zero time allowed to react with anything before things have already gone bad. Increasing the ranges of all JA other than Ready/Sic would at least make those situations less frustrating and unfun.

Can't help but wonder why Heel was intentionally excluded from the pet jobs recast reduction in the July update.. At this point, it is starting to actually make me feel like all the doom-and-gloom "SE hates BST" posters may be on to something when they keep giving (albeit small) buffs to SMN and PUP while leaving BST over-nerfed. :/ < Personal impression/feeling, not statement of fact.
    (2)

yeah I feel you, this is why I put my bst stuff in wardrobe 3, to pretty much retire it, as I won't generally be paying $2 a month for the wardrobe but this way I don't have to toss the gear I worked hard to get.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    yeah I feel you, this is why I put my bst stuff in wardrobe 3, to pretty much retire it, as I won't generally be paying $2 a month for the wardrobe but this way I don't have to toss the gear I worked hard to get.
    I'm not about to retire BST as I still enjoy the job and it tends to get the job done still (on content lower than 135 at least ^^;; )
    I didn't have any problems adjusting to the ittybitty ranges since they were butchered shortly after I returned to the game last year,) but I can understand why those who played the job a lot before that are so heartbroken.

It's just a bit frustrating that there are so many things that could be done to get the job back on track that SE seems to purposely turning a blind eye towards.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It's just a bit frustrating that there are so many things that could be done to get the job back on track that SE seems to purposely turning a blind eye towards.
    I'm still scratching my head at SE's stance but this is true, they are.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2