Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please reconsider allowing us to spend job points on other jobs.

I know you've said in the past that you want Job Points to be earned per job, but there's a flaw in this line of thought: People that really commit themselves to certain jobs find they're always in demand on that job (WHM, GEO, PLD, RUN). Other jobs just aren't very welcome or welcome at all in a lot of CP parties (SMN, RDM, BRD).

I have a very well rounded Paladin. I have gear sets for every situation and many sub jobs. I feel like the best way that I can help my friends is to be taking the hits, knowing that I can handle them better than any of them.

On the other hand, like Bard in days past--if you have an Idris, you may as well mule your other jobs, because people will want you on GEO.

The same desire for, and exclusion of, certain jobs existed in merit parties in the past (BLM, BRD, PLD, THF really weren't welcome at birds--everything was RDM, BRD, SAM, WAR, NIN, DRG, etc) but it was easily remedied because you could gain merits intended for one jobs on other jobs.

It's to the point I cringe when my Paladin or Blue Mage gains a job point. (BLU is very nearly capped, more than 400 JP over cap). There's nothing I can do with them.

I'd be fine if it was a conversion rate even, or something we set in a menu. Job Points > Earn for > [Job List], even if the conversion worked off of the target job's JP gifts (this would actually be ideal). So say I want to earn 103 JP SCH while on my 2100 paladin--I'd gain job points at the rate my SCH would earn them, not my PLD.
    (7)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 06-14-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Other jobs just aren't very welcome or welcome at all in a lot of CP parties (SMN, RDM, BRD).
    Maybe on Asura we're just different? As those 3 jobs are fine in Apex parties, brd was my first job to master, which I got from Apex parties. And I've taken SMN and RDM before to apex parties and did at least 100jp/hr.
    (0)

It's quite possible, you're on the highest population server, I'm on one of the lowest, but I've never been in a JP party with a bard. I put them together frequently and shout for bards sometimes (depends on other jobs) and have never gotten a bite.

I feel like a number of Bards accept that GEO is superior and don't bother CPing it right now.

In any case, it would be nice if in events like Vagary, which bleed JP, I could forward those JP to other jobs since noone needs me on my dnc. They need me on my PLD or GEO.
    (0)

Further on this line of thought, there are so many ways to earn JP in this game without actually playing the job as it's meant to be played, like leeching which many people still do. All the restriction does, I think, is inhibit unwelcome jobs or people who come to events like vagary or incursion on the necessary jobs while others fill in slots on more varied jobs.
    (0)

God help me if SE messes this suggestion up but.... if they were to adjust camps that people (DO NOT USE) to allow for setups for lesser used jobs (easy to detect if SE looks at the least common JP'd jobs) and setup those camps to best suit those jobs. We might see more maxed out 'alternate' jobs and a wider range of invites and options for setup when limited ranges of jobs are available or desired to gain JP on.
    (0)

Two things

1.) There are camps of varying levels that people don't use because people, no matter how much they play, want efficiency. Raptors and crawlers exist, but never perform quite as well as magic burst parties. This is because of the weakness of melee honestly.

2.) I didn't do very well at highlighting this in my OP but, I want to be able to earn JP for jobs like my sch, nin, run, bst, whm, etc while I'm doing Ambuscade, Incursion, Vagary, UNMs, etc--while I'm on my PLD or GEO since these are usually the jobs I'm desired on.

This is one thing Abyssea did well. Merits (which many people still needed plenty of back then) were a byproduct of endgame. JP is in some events but they're locked to the job you're on.

If SE would implement this, I'd be fine with the 900 JP wasted between all my capped jobs. Call it a loss, because I'd be happy being able to spend newly earned JP on other jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think the easiest solution for you may be to grab a group of friends and get job points that way. I'm not sure if I agree with using JOB points earned on one job for another job. How are you "mastering" say RDM by playing on PLD? Again, the problem is not in the system itself, but in the communities outlook on certain jobs.
    (1)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    I think the easiest solution for you may be to grab a group of friends and get job points that way. I'm not sure if I agree with using JOB points earned on one job for another job. How are you "mastering" say RDM by playing on PLD? Again, the problem is not in the system itself, but in the communities outlook on certain jobs.
    This. Agreed... OP sounds like a good suggestion but in actuality I believe it defeats the overall purpose behind the "Master" title...yea it takes A LONG time on quite a few jobs to realize mastering it but the gifts system seems to balance out that job's functionality upon hitting 2100 job points.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

On paper, earning JP for the job on the job makes sense. In practice, it doesn't work as well for a lot of jobs.

Also, capacity parties don't teach a whole lot about playing your job and leeching JP as someone else cleaves certainly doesn't. Most of the events that do require proper play reward awful JP in comparison to a single crab kill which can consistently be done in 15 seconds. (Sinister Reign, Geas Fete, Ambuscade)
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 06-21-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't know, I think you learn a lot about your job in a CP party...most importantly you learn that these days a DD can't hit crap without a decent acc+ set and some support, lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast