Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    I don't know, I think you learn a lot about your job in a CP party...most importantly you learn that these days a DD can't hit crap without a decent acc+ set and some support, lol.
    If the benchmark for earning CP is to accurately hit CP mobs, I think they could do have reduced HP at least. As things stand now, magic bursting is a requirement to kill Apex mobs at an acceptable rate- otherwise you are probably just as good killing Reisenjima mobs as fast as possible.

You can get away with having a trust healer, a trust tank, and even a trust damage dealer like Shantotto II since she never misses and reliably closes. As it stands now, you will not get away with a trust nuker however. That's a lot of weight favoring one particular role.
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Can't they just make Apex mobs that are very favorable to melee and not mages? That way mages can stick to MBing the magic squishy ones and then melee can zerg down the defensively squishy ones. Like how nobody would ever bring a BLM to colibri camps so they went to pudding camps instead. Give the melee apex very low HP but take almost no magic dmg.
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortta View Post
    Can't they just make Apex mobs that are very favorable to melee and not mages? That way mages can stick to MBing the magic squishy ones and then melee can zerg down the defensively squishy ones. Like how nobody would ever bring a BLM to colibri camps so they went to pudding camps instead. Give the melee apex very low HP but take almost no magic dmg.
    That would be incredibly artificial and thinly veiled. It could also threaten to make melee burn the du jour way to get points again, leaving mages to fend for themselves. I'm just saying "Can you hit this crab?" seems like an awfully reductive way to view the merits of the current Job Point system, as is the way we're placing this sacred importance on the title "Job Master." Is a modestly geared individual who capped all their JP by slowly fighting Very Tough mobs in Reisenjima for several months a "Job Master"?

Not that I personally see anything wrong with getting JP slowly over time, if you're in no rush.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 06-22-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree with using JOB points earned on one job for another job. How are you "mastering" say RDM by playing on PLD?
    I've seen plenty of people with stars over their heads demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of even the bare basics regarding their jobs, so trying to use the argument that a player with 2100 Job Points is automatically a master doesn't fly with me. It's in our nature to find the most efficient way towards a common goal and, that being the case, it's not difficult to understand why some jobs would have a more difficult time accumulating JPs than others in the current environment. The real question is what would the down side be to having more "master" jobs running around? Maybe it would be the incentive some need to play the more popular jobs and, in turn, bring more of the less popular jobs out of the woodwork after they've accumulated enough JPs, convincing players to give them another look.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Its just my feeling that if you want the best abilities and stats for a job, you should earn them on that job. I guess thats the simplest way to say it. I also wouldnt want every single beastmaster having an easy way to "master" every job. CP are an extension of the leveling system. Would you ever say "I want to be able to level my PLD from 1-75 , but I want to earn that EXP on BLM!"?
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Would you ever say "I want to be able to level my PLD from 1-75 , but I want to earn that EXP on BLM!"?
    Well, I was able to do that with my merits, so...
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Its getting to the point where people refuse to see common sense and are arguing just to argue. You have beat me into submission. From here I will just let the devs read the posts and decide for themselves which makes sense.
    (0)

Hello there, everyone.

Job points were designed around the concept of enhancing a particular job by earning job points while playing it. Consider that it is essentially building a stronger affinity for a job, and if we were to make it possible to spend job points on any job, it would go against the said concept.

As such, there are no plans to change how job points can be obtained at the moment.
    (12)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thanks Sicycre. Makes perfect sense to me !
    (0)

Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Job point in the beginning said 30 per category , is this happening some day? Are we getting more to use the 500 stored on the popular jobs?
    (1)
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast