They also scale and cap way differently and oddly
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    They obviously would give a differing amount of each type based on what each buff did which shouldn't be an issue at all. Food does this.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Food always scales a lot differently than buffs and does things like give up to 150 att but only what 15 mab for the best mab food? Which is what I'd be afraid they'd do if they put them together.

There also becomes the what's the point of eva and meva down when you can give a +all kinds of acc for example. Or what about hybrid stuff getting bigger benefits?
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 06-18-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So you're asking why a hybrid job would be able to get buffed for both types of damage like they already should? You know that 15 mab could do more for a mage than 150 atk for a melee right? Why would they do that anyways, it would be an easy way to upset a lot of players to weaken a buff meant to allow more people to do events.

You know the acc requirements for several high end fights are utterly insane and require several support just throwing all their acc buffs and eva down debuffs on a mob just for melee to hit anything right? A mage can pretty much cap macc on anything by themselves with gear alone I believe. A melee is short about 500-600 acc alone on the most evasive monsters
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It would be nice if they upgraded those gears to ilvl 119. Lots of people would do it again for new characters and help new players with them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Spectreman; 06-18-2016 at 04:13 AM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Lvl 199 gear would be awesome
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Lvl 199 gear would be awesome
    lol - solo the world with your eyes closed <you can have this>
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    So you're asking why a hybrid job would be able to get buffed for both types of damage like they already should? You know that 15 mab could do more for a mage than 150 atk for a melee right? Why would they do that anyways, it would be an easy way to upset a lot of players to weaken a buff meant to allow more people to do events.

You know the acc requirements for several high end fights are utterly insane and require several support just throwing all their acc buffs and eva down debuffs on a mob just for melee to hit anything right? A mage can pretty much cap macc on anything by themselves with gear alone I believe. A melee is short about 500-600 acc alone on the most evasive monsters
    Are you asking me why I'm asking something about hybrid jobs that you have a different opinion on? Should have already been in what I said but yeah I was saying they'd get a bigger boost. It'd be like asking why don't all those buffs hit pets too. Also I didn't say job I said stuff. That was meant to include attacks that cared about both magic and melee stats at the same time. Some jobs might even not like it. The pld might want some acc to melee but extra macc on it could actually hurt them. Of course I do it's almost like I just said the work and cap differently.... As to why would they do that? Well why when they raised the pdif caps barely touch ranged the least used melee dmg source and actually boost non ranged to be higher than it for the first time since the game was made? Why does h2h get ignored in both 2h and 1hd updates? Why when they were balancing melee ws did they make the strongest ones the ones that are used by the most self sufficient DD to the point where in a lot of things bringing non cdc jobs (read mostly blu) is a dps loss?

Sure do though all is a bit of an overstatement and hit anything is more of a have capped/near capped acc. A mage aint gunna come close to capping macc on harder stuff in just gear unless they take out most the mab and which point meh. And that's even magic bursting and getting the macc bonuses from that. I also don't see what the heck this has to do with combining buffs at all. If anything this is a call to help melees. Though a large part of that has to do with the fact that there are like 2-3 times as many buffs/debuffs to effect acc/eva then macc/eva so things are designed with that in mind and probably in no small part due to old tactics of doing super buffed melee zergs. Though the real problem is getting the buffs to deal dmg while also getting the buffs to survive with all that tp feed while also limiting the number of people because of hp scaling.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    A mage aint gunna come close to capping macc on harder stuff in just gear unless they take out most the mab and which point meh. And that's even magic bursting and getting the macc bonuses from that.
    They'll still be doing 10-15k(maybe more?) Magic Bursts even if they have to go full macc. Melee going full acc and sacrificing everything else will still be at capped miss rate and hitting for double digits on the same content when they do hit. No point in mentioning WS cause those will miss most of the time too even the single hits with their 100 acc bonus.

I mean I could land unresisted /blm nukes on blu 25-30% of the time with crappy gear and no buffs on T2/3 vagary bosses
    (0)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 06-18-2016 at 11:00 AM.

It just seems lazy to me. One size fits all "do harder" buff makes the jobs cheap. Do you also want to include pets in that buff, because at that point, not doing so is 'not fair' to them.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast