Hybrid View

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

New Head/Frame

I believe somewhere at some point it was stated no new head/frames for our automatons, but since I can't find that post... I'm putting out there a possibility to add:

A Head / Frame based on a support only job, such as bard or corsair.

Elemental capacity already dictates spell types, so this isn't far from being able to associate maneuvers with a song or roll effect that would have an impact on the entire party... please consider this...

thanks!
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Geo auto that can cast loupons!
    (0)

Hello everyone!

While we definitely understand the desire to see new head and frame options for automatons,
    this would require entirely new designs and graphics which are currently difficult to implement into the game, so unfortunately, this is something that we can't do at the moment...
    (1)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello everyone!

While we definitely understand the desire to see new head and frame options for automatons,
    this would require entirely new designs and graphics which are currently difficult to implement into the game, so unfortunately, this is something that we can't do at the moment...
    Remember from when Rhapsodies was announced, that SE said they were running out of PS2 devkits? Those are what they used to make new graphics and audio assets. The patching we are getting now is not making new monster models or new animations or sound effects. They're just using existing assets for content they can program server-side. Automatons would need to recycle the current skins, as they can't make new character models for them.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hello everyone!

After some thought and based on what was said, would this require new designs and graphics?

A support automaton based on the harly head/frame, using either a harp or horn (pre-existing graphics), using effects based on already existing song animations to apply said effects, attached to already existing maneuvers for intended effects (again, based on elements (thunder for accuracy--madrigal, fire for attack--minuet etc.)

I can see this as a possibility which does not, in itself require new designs or new graphics... >_>

or maybe I'm missing something.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Hello everyone!

How about we don't change the designs or graphics and make a V2 frame, looks the same just does a different job - like the V2 Divinator functions differently than the V1.

Or make a more literal job-change based on the head/frame combinations rather than how its setup now (just for the love of all that's good, don't let this undermine how WHM BLM RDM PLD(WAR) frames function..... otherwise plz don't change anything and lets leave well enough alone lol.
    (1)

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hello everyone!

I have to say, this is just completely untrue. The dev team adds new monsters and abilities to these monsters every month (i.e. Ambuscade). Some like the troll, with a mechanic which took time for players to get an idea how it even worked. No different than making one which is available to players.
    There are key elements from this job which are missing mentioned in various threads from Curagas, to an AoE hate ability, update to automaton magic (dmg/updated available spells/etc.), spell interruption, GEO and BRD buff benefits. Many of these would allow Puppetmaster to showcase its versatility as intended the moment frames and heads other than other than Valoredge were confirmed.

8 WHM Trusts in which the UC trusts can cast Auspice, Esuna and....Curaga (even given to a melee trust)
    16 BLM Trusts in which some cast '-ga' spells (even with the notion to magic burst the proper spell...better than automaton AI..as does Iroha II and KoH).
    10 Tank Trusts in which 6 have Sentinel, 2 with AoE weapon skills, another with Rampart and...should I even bring up the number of /450 Cumulative/900 Volatile Enmity abilities Amchuchu has?
    I can think of 9 melee trusts which have AoE and/or conal weapon skills.

Everything the PUP community is asking for is already in the game. We're not asking for a game changing ultimate weapon here. This community rep response just doesn't add up given what's already implemented. Even if the development took place over the course of a few month to decide which abilities to add and attachments to put them on, it's hardly a challenge to the dev team.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ilian; 03-20-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilian View Post
    I have to say, this is just completely untrue. The dev team adds new monsters and abilities to these monsters every month (i.e. Ambuscade). Some like the troll, with a mechanic which took time for players to get an idea how it even worked. No different than making one which is available to players.
    There are key elements from this job which are missing mentioned in various threads from Curagas, to an AoE hate ability, update to automaton magic (dmg/updated available spells/etc.), spell interruption, GEO and BRD buff benefits. Many of these would allow Puppetmaster to showcase its versatility as intended the moment frames and heads other than other than Valoredge were confirmed.

8 WHM Trusts in which the UC trusts can cast Auspice, Esuna and....Curaga (even given to a melee trust)
    16 BLM Trusts in which some cast '-ga' spells (even with the notion to magic burst the proper spell...better than automaton AI..as does Iroha II and KoH).
    10 Tank Trusts in which 6 have Sentinel, 2 with AoE weapon skills, another with Rampart and...should I even bring up the number of /450 Cumulative/900 Volatile Enmity abilities Amchuchu has?
    I can think of 9 melee trusts which have AoE and/or conal weapon skills.

Everything the PUP community is asking for is already in the game. We're not asking for a game changing ultimate weapon here. This community rep response just doesn't add up given what's already implemented. Even if the development took place over the course of a few month to decide which abilities to add and attachments to put them on, it's hardly a challenge to the dev team.
    None of the Ambuscade mobs or rewards have original graphics, which new heads/frames would require. That is the primary reasoning in Sicycre's post behind not implementing. Ability/spell choice, intended role, and how the associated AI attached interacts with all other available parts would probably not be simple to design and involve a rather large amount of work, but are only secondary issues to the graphical one.

Since the dev team has already said that they lack sufficient PS2 devkits required to continue adding significant numbers of new graphical assets, I'd say the response is on point and has nothing to do with your complaint points.

All of that said, how many PUPs would complain about getting new heads/frames if they reused the currently existing graphical models? If the communities here started calling for "New head/frame, old graphics are OK," then it's possible that the dev team could consider doing so since it would only involve new AI coding. Most of the complaints/requests that I've seen about automatons could probably be covered by new attachments as well, which would require no new graphical assets, so that could also be possibly feasible for the dev team to consider.

Note: One hell of a necrobump there. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Teuphist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    To me, it's a new dat, an update to attachments and some testing. That doesn't sound like too much a hassle if the development is spread throughout months of prep. I'm more focused on the range of abilities than a new automaton in general as you see above. So ultimately, my post is more about the blatant doge from the idea of working on something which has been desired for years though they 'understand'(?). I'm not one to believe it would be difficult to implement new abilities on automatons as the dev team already has experience with these spells and abilities on alter egos.

Years ago they also didn't have the ability to put multiple stats onto weapons/equipment. Today, gear comes with multiple stat types and even a second page on many. Here..."can't" is an oxymoron.
    (0)

Character
    Chharity
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hello everyone!

2023 now and the XI dev team are now working from virtual production machines, how feasible is the new Head/Frame request now? I would like to see a dual wield and blink tank, or a Blue Mage Automaton, since puppets were designed based off the Empire's greatest mages.
    (2)
    Making good men better

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast