Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

New Attachments forthwith

Per the upcoming June update notes:

Puppetmaster ・Add new attachments

Devs, please please please share a tid bit of what's on the horizon... pretty please:
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I think they mentioned something about skillchain dmg awhile back? That could be good.

I'm hoping for a crit dmg one.

And something for the blm frame that doesn't use the overtaxed ice slots.

And for supreme fun/cookiness an attachment increases elemental capacity of another element. Like one that uses dark that increases light.

And bring back the setting ws idea but with an attachment. Bam set attachment that makes me bone crusher all the things!
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Some in my Linkshell were discussing this this morning. Some ideas that were tossed around were...

Pet: TP Bonus - We could definitely use some of this. Sure, we get some on our gear via augments, but an attachment specifically for increasing the amount of TP Bonus for automaton weaponskills would be outstanding.
    Critical hit damage+ - This would also be great, but wouldn't it be possible to add this to the already existing Dynamo, Dynamo II and Dynamo III attachments?
    Weaponskill Attachments - Attachments that would "lock" your automaton into using one specific weaponskill would be terrific! So many times have automatons accidentally interrupted skillchains......Something like this would remedy that.

And as Urmom mentioned....an attachment that sacrifices a certain amount of one element and adds it to another more needed element. Though that would be a lot of fun, it's something that realistically couldn't be implemented, as it would require the Development Team to implement 56 (if my math is correct) different attachments to do this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Siviard; 06-07-2016 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Changed Pet: Store TP to Pet: TP Bonus (mistake on my part, I was 1/2 asleep!)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    There's already a STP attachment in the Inhibitors, isn't there? Adds STP to the automaton and has it hold for WS.

Otherwise, some of those sound nice. I'd certainly like to see a Weapon Skill attachment to lock the puppet into a specific one, but I'm not sure that it'd be worth locking out a slot in various builds. It could be interesting for the tank, though, if you could set a WS they don't have along with an Inhibitor, effectively locking out their ability to WS and mess up SCs.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Some in my Linkshell were discussing this this morning. Some ideas that were tossed around were...

Store TP - We could definitely use some of this. Sure, we get some on our gear, but an attachment specifically for increasing the amount of TP gained per hit would be outstanding.
    Critical hit damage+ - This would also be great, but wouldn't it be possible to add this to the already existing Dynamo, Dynamo II and Dynamo III attachments?
    Weaponskill Attachments - Attachments that would "lock" your automaton into using one specific weaponskill would be terrific! So many times have automatons accidentally interrupted skillchains......Something like this would remedy that.

And as Urmom mentioned....an attachment that sacrifices a certain amount of one element and adds it to another more needed element. Though that would be a lot of fun, it's something that realistically couldn't be implemented, as it would require the Development Team to implement 56 (if my math is correct) different attachments to do this.
    Stop copying me Siv!!! And yeah inhibitors have stp

As far as the elemental thing I was thinking more of a simple of going along the elemental wheel or something. Like the fire one increases water, water one increases thunder etc. Because yeah if you want to do every possible combination would be crazy... plus it would allow you to take away from everything to give one element like 20... and then not leave you with slots for useful ones lol.

Speaking of which when are we going to go raise the number of slots? Cmon make it 4X4 like equipment!
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ugh, when I posted this I was still half asleep. I meant TP Bonus for Weaponskills. Say.... x1 Fire Maneuver = TP Bonus +250 for example

x1 Fire = TP Bonus +250
    x2 Fire = TP Bonus +350
    x3 Fire = TP Bonus +500

I'll edit my post now, sorry for the confusion.....
    (0)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I posted in the job balancing thread, but i suggested attachments for: change job abilities and spells to AoE, "augment" abilities (some would gain in potency like strobe, others might gain additional effects), magic damage + attachment (not like loudspeakers/ice maker which add large amounts of magic attack bonus), and one that alters casting behavior to "focus" that mages job into their role at the cost of versitility. basically whm bot would spam low tier cures and regens/status cures, keeping the cure VI/regen IV on its normal cooldown timers, but lose out on enfeebles... rdm bot would spam enfeebling and enhancing but nuke and cure a bit less, blm bot would lose out on enfeebles but spam tier I/II nukes and keep its big nukes on normal recast timer.

The idea is that it would help tank bots tank better, and be able to tank multiple mobs, blm bot would be useful for AoE burning and be better at keeping up with damage with a real blm, and whm bot would be able to heal a party reliably on harder content. maybe not as powerful as a real whm, but it would be able to handle monsters that spam enfeebles and AoE.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Ugh, when I posted this I was still half asleep. I meant TP Bonus for Weaponskills. Say.... x1 Fire Maneuver = TP Bonus +250 for example

x1 Fire = TP Bonus +250
    x2 Fire = TP Bonus +350
    x3 Fire = TP Bonus +500

I'll edit my post now, sorry for the confusion.....
    But how will that help my OP bonecrushers!?! Should just fix flameholder. And by fix I mean make it work right for Magic mortar, stop it from consuming maneuvers and make it work on all hits of the ws!
    (0)