Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Ambuscade tweaking

First off, thanks again for listening to us and refining the entry system . Great work! Now can you please refine the cape augment system? Having to trade that poor little taru 50 times per cape puts him and I both to sleep ! I understand the first trade of each item being 1 to pick the augment, but can we get it to where I can trade the other 19/9 of that item in 1 trade? PLEASE??
    (7)

Hello!

Unfortunately, we have no plans to make this adjustment.

The reason being we wanted to lessen the risk of mistakes happening when trading in multiple items at once. For example, if you turned in 20 and selected the wrong stats, then it would have been a lot worse than trading in one and making a mistake.

We hope you understand our decision when it comes to trading items concerning Ambuscade-related cape augments and thank you for your feedback!
    (2)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello!

The reason being we wanted to lessen the risk of mistakes happening when trading in multiple items at once. For example, if you turned in 20 and selected the wrong stats, then it would have been a lot worse than trading in one and making a mistake.

We hope you understand our decision when it comes to trading items concerning Ambuscade-related cape augments and thank you for your feedback!
    If I may ask then, why not make the first trade "Mezzotint" much like the augmenting system we see for trading in items to Oboro for JSE items or to Nolan for Escha gear? Once that's set, you can ask him to change it in exchange for a single item, or you can trade and advance how much you've already done. This way, you reduce the risk of mistakes, and still speed up this process a lot more than making 50 individual trades for each cape.
    (15)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Jeffil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think another possible suggestion is to allow the npc to store the augment items, then we can augment them from that stock. Would save the trading part. I can understand if they only allow you to apply one at a time, but at least you'd only have to trade the cape and can use a command line or macro for it that way.
    (3)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Personally I think it's fine as it is... it's not like your trading 100 items, it's only 20 at most... unless your constantly changing augments w/ needles or something.
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Personally I think it's fine as it is... it's not like your trading 100 items, it's only 20 at most... unless your constantly changing augments w/ needles or something.
    Actually you're trading 50 items per cape with the current system for full augments (20 thread, 20 dust, and 10 sap). I would much rather risk picking the wrong augment over going through the augmenting menus 50 times for a single cape...
    (8)
    Last edited by Gannon; 06-04-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While I appreciate systems built to help players avoid making costly mistakes, this one is truly awful.

I would invite the developers to manually undergo the augmentation process for three capes and see how they feel about it then.

The menu is clunky and unresponsive, partly due to the NPC using emotes that lock us up. We have to trade two items each time, so we can't do it with a macro, and have to manually retarget each time. Fifty times. There must be some way to provide players with some level of protection without giving me repetitive strain injury at the same time. Add 2, 3, 4, 5, even 10 (!) confirmation steps to the full stack trade. Put the resulting augment in giant glowing orange text! Almost anything would be better.

I just traded my first set of 20 items and writing this post was a more appealing prospect than moving onto the second.
    (5)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I personally feel as though your excuse is a horrible one. I can trade a stack of eschalixirs +2 when my gear to be augmented has only 10 RP left to max it, same with airlixirs back when they were expensive. I can trade a cats eye when I only have 1 alexandrite left to trade.I can trade an escha weapon that I have spent millions on upgrading to the reclamation npc by accident when I meant to trade the weapon below it. In the above cases, I would lose the rest at a huge cost for my mistake. Your safeguard is, and always has been , the question "are you sure?" So why the feeble excuse here? I just don't buy it.
    (11)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Agree 200% Zeldar. Is sounds like they know their method is faulty and they just don't want to fix it.
    (6)
    Last edited by BBWallace; 06-05-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Character
    Arakon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello!

If we have to trade it 20 times, we are more likely to make a mistake. What happens if we choose the wrong stat on the 20th trade, the cape reset to 1/20 on the new stat right? How is this better than trading the 20 and selecting the wrong stat?
    (4)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast