Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    First off I was referring to playing a tank as playing a tank for your trusts. Your trusts aren't going to care if you don't have an Ochain or Aegis yet, and frankly, neither do most starting groups in Escha. The hype on the boards is not the whole of the player base. And there are alternatives to Aegis and Ochain as you're improving yourself. Tanks are still at a premium in general, so being one in general still nets you higher chances of getting into groups. Just don't be picky about which groups you're getting into.

As far as Trusts go, the best way to get tanks to avoid gaze mechanics is to be the tank, and not rely on trusts to do the role.

As far as your money issues. Diversify your income. If Dynamis currency is a desire for you, then your best solution is NOT to do the content that drops it. Focus your time on making gil and leave others to farm the currency for you. Skirmish Stones, Devious Die/Liminal Residue (as well as other drops) from Walk of Echoes, HP Baylds, Alexandrites - Everything that isn't your goal should be your targets, and keep yourself diversified - as the wider your variety, the broader your market (and the less it seems like a total grind.) In the end you'll start to figure out what your target customers want the most and make a killing with that.

Also, I'm going to state another piece of unpopular advice: Do not be afraid to undercut slightly. Players who overprice things like to try to cow others into playing their game to give themselves a 'fair' shot at the money, but that's not how free market works. You are competing with the other players for your customers, so if you feel as if it's worth it to sell quicker by selling for less, do it. In the end it's them that are going to be rushing hand over fists to keep up with you. Buy low, sell fairly, and quickly. Currency that doesn't sell just winds up being wasted time.

I can't speak for lesser populated servers, so I'm going to advise that you move to one that's more populated at this point. Money may be tight, but for the two meals out you could improve your gaming experience significantly. Your call.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    A tank trust that turns would be better than a lot of actual players and that's not something we can have since they are already immune to charm.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    I have leveled both RUN and PLD. I am gearing them up now. I believe I mentioned that one of my posts on the first page?
    The main problem for me with PLD is that people don't want to work with me yet as I don't have Ochain or Aegis yet. Not being my main jobs, and with my limited playtime, it's going to take quite a bit of time to get those shields.

Farm currency for gil right? Well... that's pointless as my source of income is Dynamis currency - which I am saving up for Aegis. I'm really glad SE lowered the amount of time between stages. When I do eventually get the currency for Aegis it'll be so much faster to get through it.
    If youre looking for a Shield to get you by for the time being, without spending gil - The UNM Coca drops an OK one.

Ajax+1
    DEF:61 Shield Skill+112 Enmity+11
    Annuls Magic Damage +4%
    Magic Damage Taken -21%
    Unity Ranking: HP70~120
    (1)

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Sorry but if this games turns into 90% solo based, I will quit lol. I don't mind waiting and shouting or creating a static for something (which I do and have aeonic wpns.) Just like we had to do in the old days. If you have no time then this probably isn't the type of game for you. Like I said earlier there is candy crush for phones or SE is making a mobile version that will probably be 100% casual oriented with a cash shop.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortta View Post
    Sorry but if this games turns into 90% solo based, I will quit lol. I don't mind waiting and shouting or creating a static for something (which I do and have aeonic wpns.) Just like we had to do in the old days. If you have no time then this probably isn't the type of game for you. Like I said earlier there is candy crush for phones or SE is making a mobile version that will probably be 100% casual oriented with a cash shop.
    Right back at you, if you only want to play glued to a team without doing anything on your own there are plenty of competitive games out there for you. MOBAs, FPS, etc. where you have no option but to do everything with other people and can't play alone. Those games also have cash shops for you to use. Heck, with your hard core skillz and practice you might even make it to pro and get into e-sports. Isn't that exciting?
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Nope not exciting cuz I only love FFXI not those game. FFXI being 90% solo oriented goes completely against it's core principals. You can already solo over half of the entire game currently... isn't that enough? You can solo everything except high tier Escha and the new Master trials.
    (0)

Sorry but if this games turns into 90% solo based, I will quit lol.
    You can solo everything except high tier Escha and the new Master trials.
    So it's already more than 90% solo. Bye.
    (6)

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I think I'll stay, but I actually forgot high tier UNMs and Intense ambuscade
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    If youre looking for a Shield to get you by for the time being, without spending gil - The UNM Coca drops an OK one.

Ajax+1
    DEF:61 Shield Skill+112 Enmity+11
    Annuls Magic Damage +4%
    Magic Damage Taken -21%
    Unity Ranking: HP70~120
    With WHM's Shellra V, this puts a PLD just under 50% MDT cap. This is a nice shield. There's also Beatific +1 which is -25% MDT and pretty much always you at MDT cap, with any kind of healer, and that's excluding any other -mdt/dt gear that you might have. Both are still inferior to Aegis, because Aegis goes past the MDT cap, but they're good shields. This also allows PLD to MDT cap without shell if you have a fight where you're getting dispelled/buffs stolen.If you're tanking a magic heavy fight, gear Magic Defense Bonus once you're at MDT cap (possibly wanting to PDT cap too, depending on the fight).

For physical damage? Priwen is pretty darn good. With a strong fast-cast/haste set, which OP won't have yet, you can keep reprisal up full time and then it surpasses Ochain in a lot of content.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I thought that FC was limited to a recast reduction of 50%? Wouldn't that still leave 30 seconds in between Reprisal recasts? I apologize if I don't have the latest info.

Thanks!
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast