Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The times of despawn should be abolished, but also, their should be an area that folks can at least rest if knocked out, if they won't give auto rr (like they have in reives after a certain equip gain) then the least they should do is allow people to not get wiped out especially since all rewards are reset upon leaving the arena area. This makes it very unfair to people who are not at a distance.
    (1)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashkoda View Post
    Granted not all jobs will have an easy time soloing these, but with help from trusts, you can still take small chunks out of the dragon's hp, little by little, even if you have to die a few times. Either use a RR item or come on a job that can cast it; what's nice is that even if he despawns, he comes back 15 minutes later with the same hp% you left him at. I would actually be a little peeved if I took off 90% of it's life before it despawned, and then someone else saw the message that it was practically dead and rushed over to kill it before I got back to the fight, essentially depriving me of any rewards for having done most of the work. The worst part is actually when there are other players around and you need to raise and get safely out of the way; that's almost impossible with the frequent aoes when others are feeding the NM tp and keeping it active. At least if you're the only one fighting and you die, it goes inactive and you can get up safely.
    It might actually be easier w/o trusts as they will cause at least 6 more adds to spawn vs only one if you are doing w/o trusts. Guess it depends on your job.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Really they need to reduce the amounts needed... 360 kills each is a little overboard to say the least
    (2)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Also, Dragons doing 5k AoE is kind of stupid.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If they're doing 5k AoE, then you're either making the mistake of standing right in their face and getting a full frontal blast of breath, or some idiot is poking them in the rear and causing them to flail. The ideal place to fight any of the dragons, as it has always been, is on one of their feet. It reduces the effect of breaths because you're at the edge of the cone, meaning the damage is minimal, and it doesn't trigger Spike Flail, which makes people eat the dirt (though I usually only see it do ~2-2.5k, dunno where you're getting 5k).
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    If they're doing 5k AoE, then you're either making the mistake of standing right in their face and getting a full frontal blast of breath, or some idiot is poking them in the rear and causing them to flail. The ideal place to fight any of the dragons, as it has always been, is on one of their feet. It reduces the effect of breaths because you're at the edge of the cone, meaning the damage is minimal, and it doesn't trigger Spike Flail, which makes people eat the dirt (though I usually only see it do ~2-2.5k, dunno where you're getting 5k).
    Nope, got hit with Fiery Blast AoE while it was flying. It actually did 2300, but I was at capped MDT(50%) and had around +18 MDB at least. Unless that move isn't Magic damage, but I still had 24% DT on regardless.

In some case's having it spam flail is better then some of the other TP moves like Quetz's AoE dmg + sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Really they need to reduce the amounts needed... 360 kills each is a little overboard to say the least
    Eh, it's only 100 kills to get to lvl 8, and they are a good source of beads and silt. Past 8 isn't really that big a deal and it keeps people coming for those that really want to get the last 3 lvls. If they fix them it shouldn't be that huge of an issue. Trusts/pet's shouldn't be taken into account when the dragon spawns pet's for one. I only have 40 on Azi, 50ish on Naja and 60 for Quetz so it's not like i have a high amount of kills.
    (0)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 06-02-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well breaths are BDT and not affected by MDT, so...

That being said, I don't think I've ever taken a 2500 Fiery Blast back when it used to get up in the air easily. Ofc I go on BLU and I kill adds the moment they spawn, so any takeoffs are almost immediately ended once the adds are down, so I can't say for recent changes.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Is that move a breath attack? It's AoE though. I was on it's side, and that move has always been a full circle AoE. I remember getting hit with it when my ls did KS99 wyrm even when I was at the sides or back.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The reason I don't do domain invasion is because every single move 1 shots me and I can't even see what the dragon is using half the time, not that it would matter because the arena doesn't give enough room to move out of range of any of the attacks. The dragon literally flaps its wings and that's it, might as well home point and come back cause I'm not getting back up.
    (4)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2