Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

How about major capacity point system changes?

What would you people think of a major adjustment of the capacity point system?
    Like build in on/above the merit point system, like they did on experience points.

For example: Capacity points > Merit points > Experience points.
    (Get Capacity points after capped Merit points, after capped Experience points.)

I never understood the sense of getting a 2nd kind of points on kills. <.<
    A possible reason may be to reward with less points to extend the point gaining process. :/
    But what would that change? People get points on a job and don't redo it with others. o.O

Hit the keyboarrrds people! m<(o.O)"M~~~ ;P
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 05-26-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wouldn't want to wait til I capped merit points to earn capacity points, and adding it to the toggle options is needlessly complicated. I'm totally cool with earning them alongside EXP. Techncially you're getting more stuff than if you earned them *instead of* anyway.

The way it is is fine (but MORE FASTERER PLZ)
    (3)

Player
    All I will say is that they really need to change the curve, players should be able to get job points faster <200

The whole point of the massive JP grind is to give players long-term content. It's good for that in theory but it does a horrible job at easing players into it, also the fact players are capped out and so many walk around with the stars shows it failed on both fronts. With the double/trip xp campaigns people cap out fast on apex crabs or aoe burning and everyone else can't get past the 200 mark.

As with everything in ffxi the devs seem to aim everything at the strongest and best geared players and forget about the majority.
    (3)

I really like the Job Point system itself, however in my opinion the main problem is the need to kill large amounts of monsters at a fast pace in order to gain decent CP, so the changes should be aimed towards making individual fights far more significant while discouraging AoE capable jobs from hogging large amounts of mobs. Making it so continuous chains provide the best CP per hour so areas can accommodate more players and AoE jobs can switch to smaller scale tactics without losing their premium CP gain.

The kind of changes I would personally like to see would probably be something like this:

1) Nerf AoE killing. Make it so killing/holding more than 3 mobs at the same time is pointless by making the 2nd mob give only 50% CP and the 3rd only 25% CP, with no gain for additional kills by the party. While also making it so there is a 3 second delay to be able to gain CP again or trigger following chain extensions.
    2) Increase the HP of all CP capable mobs to at least 300% of the current value. So individual fights take longer.
    3) Double the base CP and increase the chain CP bonus amount so we can obtain triple (chain 10) to quadruple (chain 20) CP.
    4) Reduce the recast of Capacity ring to 5 minutes and give it 10 charges.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

2. & 3: CP caps at 65,535 per kill so quadrupling the hp/cp actually hurts the CP rate
    4: Reduce Trizek ring as well. I never understood the fascination with this ring really. I know the whole juggling via delivery box thing, but 2 hours is a long cooldown.

---

As the OP's point: Dislike. That actually slows things down if you've spent merits. Why would you want that?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    2. & 3: CP caps at 65,535 per kill so quadrupling the hp/cp actually hurts the CP rate
    ...just one tiny question. How!? How does anyone get 65k per kill on capacity points? After grinding mobs myself, I get an absolutely pathetic amount of capacity points, not even totaling 500 per kill, let alone several thousand!

It there some magic chain? Some super powerful beasties which give insane CP? Some secret trick to building up to this hallowed amount? Inquiring minds need to know.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Apex monsters are the type to give that level of CP, but you often have to have a double EXP/CP campaign going, a decent chain, and a ring up. Without ring up, I think you can still hit it with a sufficient chain with the proper campaign and some bonuses, but yeah.

Apex mobs are best found in the gates zones, not the sub-zones but the actual zones. They're much stronger than normal ones of the same type, but their name (with the exception of things like Velkk) says Apex, so you know not to poke them if you're not ready. These do generally require a party, else you're spending ages killing solos.

What are you soloing to barely even get only 500 per kill? If you go to Reisenjima with even a 25% CP mantle, a few mission completions worth of CP bonuses, and the reive CP bonuses, you should be getting like 1100-1300/kill, if my memory serves. Toss on a Trizek ring or a Capacity ring and the amount goes up.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    What are you soloing to barely even get only 500 per kill? If you go to Reisenjima with even a 25% CP mantle, a few mission completions worth of CP bonuses, and the reive CP bonuses, you should be getting like 1100-1300/kill, if my memory serves. Toss on a Trizek ring or a Capacity ring and the amount goes up.
    You can't kill mobs in Reisenjina at 117.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You can't kill mobs in Reisenjina at 117.
    I'll remember to phone in my psychic hotline to ensure I know that someone is at 117, next time. My bad.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Capacity Points are fine right now. Apex monsters are fast enough to kill even when soloing, if you are properly geared and know how to optimize your TP gains and self skillchain damage. Apex Eruca's in Moh Gates are the best imo if soloing. I soloed almost all of my Dancer's CP on Apex Erucas by spamming 3-step double darkness. As my gear improved, it got faster and faster as I started to close 70~99k skillchains with the trust buffs, and I was averaging about 30 second kills. I have even seen a solo blm kill them almost as fast by self-SCing with staff to set up their own MBs.

My point is this. Getting proper gear is FAR FAR more important than grinding Capacity points, especially at the start. In addition to more cp rewards, Apex monsters also serve as an important gear check and practice dummy for higher content level events. If you are struggling with hitting Apex Erucas (which only need around 1050 acc/att to cap), or you cannot TP fast enough to self skillchain even with Koru's Haste II, then perhaps you need more ACC/sTP/multi-hit in your TP set. If your Weapon skills are weak, then perhaps you need to optimize your WS sets to suit the weapon skills you are using. Once you have all the gear you need, then you can start tweaking how you use your job's spells and abilities to improve your CP/hr. In the end you come out learning some things you might not have known about your job. I personally learned about how to minimize JA delay specifically because I solo CPed with Dancer.

So my advice is to use the lvl 125 Apex mobs in Moh Gates as your entry point. If you cannot efficiently kill within a minute or two while solo or duo, then that is an indicator that you are still undergeared, so getting more CP isn't important right now. For example, sure the 100 jp gift for BLU is very good, but if you still can't hit the NM, what does it matter? I have seen 2100 jp blue mages still struggling to get over 1100 accuracy... don't be that person..

CPing anywhere else doesn't really provide the same kind of benchmark as Apex mobs. So if you're not ready to comfortably solo Apex mobs yet, then I recommend sidelining CP for now, and instead run Skirmish, Delve, Escha T1s until you get over the gear hump. There are still even some exceptionally good gear from old content like Love Torque and Wanion Belt (My Rudra's storm appreciates it).

TLDR: If you focus on improving your gear and exploring your job abilities first, then I can guarantee that getting CP will be easier and much faster. There is no need for drastic changes to CP, or petitions to nerf/buff various CP strategies.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shyles; 06-10-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast