Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Any chance of a Duty Finder-like system

I know this may seem like a VERY long shot, but FFXIV has the Duty Finder system; can we look at "something" similar with FFXI? I mean let's look at what we do have:

1. Linkshells (more than one)
    2. Unity

While an acceptable tool for creating the ability to communicate with loads of folks at once; it still falls horribly short of an automated process for partying. I've been around since 2004, so I know this like it use to be... but I came up on this idea based on the implementation of queuing most recently introduced with ambuscade...

This may not be feasible considering the antiquated system FFXI is based off of, but I think this would go along way towards easing players ability to find help (aside from what limited functionality trusts offer) with varying content.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Pass. Rather than being paired up with random people who may or may not know how to play their job and be the breaking point of a run, I'd rather shout and get people whom I know to be reliable. The last thing I need is some sparks WHM showing up to major events and thinking that they can heal when they don't even have capped cure potency, let alone proper -na gear, recast stuff, etc. Or a tank who doesn't know how to use their DT and enmity gear properly, or their Job Abilities, etc. I prefer to have more control over who I work with.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Pass. Rather than being paired up with random people who may or may not know how to play their job and be the breaking point of a run, I'd rather shout and get people whom I know to be reliable. The last thing I need is some sparks WHM showing up to major events and thinking that they can heal when they don't even have capped cure potency, let alone proper -na gear, recast stuff, etc. Or a tank who doesn't know how to use their DT and enmity gear properly, or their Job Abilities, etc. I prefer to have more control over who I work with.
    Duly noted; as I'm also in agreement with this sentiment; if this type of system was plausible, it would probably copy a similar system introduced in FFXIV's duty finder which would base the matching process off of the individuals item level, not character level. Although experience playing the job is a subjective factor, you'd encounter that even if you made your own party via shouting--I do hope SE has looked at the prospect.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Duly noted; as I'm also in agreement with this sentiment; if this type of system was plausible, it would probably copy a similar system introduced in FFXIV's duty finder which would base the matching process off of the individuals item level, not character level. Although experience playing the job is a subjective factor, you'd encounter that even if you made your own party via shouting--I do hope SE has looked at the prospect.
    Grouping up normally, I'd still take the time to look at an individual's gear if I'm doing anything serious; if they're in sparks gear, I will politely inform them that their equipment isn't up to standards for this level of content, and look for a replacement. Item level is also a poor choice of grouping requirement; as it has been mentioned in the past, not all i119 gear is created equally. Reisenjima gear with good augments is miles above 119 delve gear, for example, so it's not necessarily a good basis to group people together by.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku