Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Getting rid of zone requirement on freelances.

Is there anyway to get rid of the zone requirement for the Campaign Freelances? It was fine back in 2008 where there where 100's of people doing campaign but now theres like 10 people doing it and some of the freelances are in such far away places on the maps. Also some freelances take at least 20+ trades/zoning. It literally took me 7 hrs just to recruit 4 freelances and I can guarantee I spent 6 of those hrs zoning. I could go on about the changes campaign needs.
    (1)
    Last edited by BBWallace; 05-22-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Wow people still do campaign eh? >_>' perhaps another major asset in the game that needs a face lift.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Player
    Sorry for noob question, but: what are the benefit of using freelances? Even ilvl 105+ equipment already making Campaign super easy, I even remember tanking hordes of mobs myself and I can just laugh by their puny damage. And after trust system kicking in, all those mobs are laid waste super fast.

I only read about freelances from wiki, but I still never bothered with them. Even when before Adoulin expansion came, I can quite manage myself alone as BST back then albeit on very much slower pace, unlike experience I explained above after Adoulin came.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think the benefit is the freelances will often be the difference between winning and losing battles when no players are there. I was playing around with campaign a while back and I spent an afternoon just crushing the yagudos, beating them at every battle. Their moral was completely empty when I logged off. Next day it was full again and all my progress was lost by the npcs.
    (1)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I think the benefit is the freelances will often be the difference between winning and losing battles when no players are there. I was playing around with campaign a while back and I spent an afternoon just crushing the yagudos, beating them at every battle. Their moral was completely empty when I logged off. Next day it was full again and all my progress was lost by the npcs.
    All of This!!!!!! I love campaign and really it one of the only reason I really play anymore tbh(Don't judge me lmao). And the weak arse NPC can't win a battle to save their life Cough Cough bastok and windurst.
    (1)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    All of This!!!!!! I love campaign and really it one of the only reason I really play anymore tbh(Don't judge me lmao). And the weak arse NPC can't win a battle to save their life Cough Cough bastok and windurst.
    Well, there are a few things you can do to help with this. Using campaign ops wisely can level up the NPCs (use the military training ones), and you can also increase your nation's stats and lower the beastmen's by doing SCNMs (Won't raise NPC levels, but will "outfit them with better gear" and let them take to the field easier.) And yeah, freelancers help as well.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Player
    The only campaign ops I did is the final one that battle with Shadow Lord, back when there's this event where campaigns for all zone are nation-conquered. I did spam it alot till I'm fresh out of campaign points since the fight is ridiculously easy to solo now with i105+ gear, although Doom can still affect (did fail one because of it... lol).

Btw, I'm curious... If I clear all campaign ops, does the freelancers will stay maxed, or they still need frequent training?
    (0)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    Well, there are a few things you can do to help with this. Using campaign ops wisely can level up the NPCs (use the military training ones), and you can also increase your nation's stats and lower the beastmen's by doing SCNMs (Won't raise NPC levels, but will "outfit them with better gear" and let them take to the field easier.) And yeah, freelancers help as well.
    I do alot of the campaign ops though I have all of the Conditions maxs out except funding because the nation can never keep prosperity full. And even doing the Ops to increase funding it never goes above 1 star donno why.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    The only campaign ops I did is the final one that battle with Shadow Lord, back when there's this event where campaigns for all zone are nation-conquered. I did spam it alot till I'm fresh out of campaign points since the fight is ridiculously easy to solo now with i105+ gear, although Doom can still affect (did fail one because of it... lol).

Btw, I'm curious... If I clear all campaign ops, does the freelancers will stay maxed, or they still need frequent training?
    Thats the thing trying to grab the northlands is literally impossible. I'll go up during the day kill mobs get control over the region. Come back on in the morning just to see that Sandy,Lastok,and Worstdurst NPC have been getting slaughter over night losing all my Progress. Had castle Oztroja at 10/300 fortifications last night which means that all the NPC had to do is kill 1-3 yags to wins I bet they couldn't even do that.
    (1)