Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    As I zoned in to the area, there were three characters standing there, doing nothing with constant JP/Merits popping above their heads.
    So he was already there when you got to the camp?

It was impacting my play, I was killing within a small collection of monsters (4 in total) and he was wiping half the zone in one-two AOE shots.. He then tells me "Please go away"... If you refer to the terms, then yes, that is breaking them.

Being a SMN in this zone, I was limited to this spot, as the other "camps" have elementals that my (starter) SMN would not be able to take with ease. Of course, they aggro magic.
    Yeah it sucks when you want to do something and someone else is already there. In this case I think you're perfectly justified picking off mobs from his train here and there. But I don't think you can really complain about it, especially if you were the 2nd one there. Also, it doesn't sound like powerleveling is really relevant here, you just didn't like someone else killing things at a camp you wanted.
    (2)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Plus there are plenty of camps and plenty of zones no need to go pick off from someone already there. And telling you to go away for overcamping him isn't breaking any rules.

You didn't say what zone but given you said elementals I'm gunna assume an soa zone the main draw of which is for party not solo play. So why not try an escha zone? Lot's of camps that aren't used much and you said starter so I assume you might not have a lot of escha gear so cping there also let's you build up silt for escha fights
    (1)

You arrived at a zone where the BLU was already killing stuff and started to camp over him instead of looking for another place to solo CP from the many camps and zones available nowadays. That is why he told you to leave. And I know you don't want to hear this but you only have yourself to blame for it.

Also, standing there and getting free XP has been in the game ever since the Abyssea debacle that killed the community, so what's the point on getting upset about it nowadays?
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Somehow I dont think almost half a zone can be classed as a camp?

When I got to the little place I normally go to, on a frequent occasion, no one was there. The three chars were way away from there, he was running across what you would class as 4-5 camps.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yet the fact remains that the spot you were in was part of what he was using as his camp. He was the only one killing if the rest of the party was afk, so he was essentially solo'ing. So if I am soloing a large group of mobs because I can, then you come into my camp, am I now justified in getting upset that you are screwing my my experience? Is the deciding factor the number of people in his party? Either way, you encroached on a camp that was already taken. Not trying to blast you: I've been in your shoes and was wrongly upset too since I already didn't like 1 of the players in question. Just trying to point out that perhaps you should have found another camp.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Yet the fact remains that the spot you were in was part of what he was using as his camp. He was the only one killing if the rest of the party was afk, so he was essentially solo'ing. So if I am soloing a large group of mobs because I can, then you come into my camp, am I now justified in getting upset that you are screwing my my experience? Is the deciding factor the number of people in his party? Either way, you encroached on a camp that was already taken. Not trying to blast you: I've been in your shoes and was wrongly upset too since I already didn't like 1 of the players in question. Just trying to point out that perhaps you should have found another camp.
    How is it taken when I turn up and cant visibly see anyone within what is classed by many players as 'a camp'? Noone is there, so I start killing.. (He at the time was probably at one of the 4-5 "camps").

Secondly, if this was a busy server, and players were actually, well around, he wouldn't be able to do it full stop.

It breaks the terms and conditions because he is holding ALL of the monsters within that camp. If SE wanted players to hold many monsters, they would "lock" other players out from attacking the ones that are being attacked by said player.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 05-21-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    LOL omg seriously people have been powerleveling people for ages this is nothing new.
    Olor, You found this funny, yet I just read this post from you, on another thread...

"Why solo? Because everyone shouting for members for ANY content wants to do everything on very difficult and I am not geared for that and don't want to be carried."

Were you PL'ed to 99?
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    What was that guy doing? When you kill monsters simultaneously you only get XP from up to 8 of them (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see why he'd need to hold "4-5 camps" worth of monsters. If this guy was grabbing that many monsters for the purpose of leveling up his dudes, this is a weird way to go about it.

Anyway this is getting away from the original intent of your post. Are you complaining about people not "earning" their job levels or is this about fighting over mobs with another player?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    What was that guy doing? When you kill monsters simultaneously you only get XP from up to 8 of them (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see why he'd need to hold "4-5 camps" worth of monsters. If this guy was grabbing that many monsters for the purpose of leveling up his dudes, this is a weird way to go about it.

Anyway this is getting away from the original intent of your post. Are you complaining about people not "earning" their job levels or is this about fighting over mobs with another player?
    The 8 monster exp/cp cap is definitely incorrect.

My point is: To be able to get to what is regarded as the highest level in the game, hence the word "Master" - You can simply just stand there while one character runs around?

Going back to the part about me going to another camp. This was not my first choice of camp, my first choice of camp has been swamped by automated player-bots that run up and down a set pattern killing everything in their path, day and night, all day, practically every day.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Going back to the part about me going to another camp. This was not my first choice of camp, my first choice of camp has been swamped by automated player-bots that run up and down a set pattern killing everything in their path, day and night, all day, practically every day.
    Well see these are actually against the ToS and you should report them than some guy just out there cleaving.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast