Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's already been shown in this thread that you can change your name with the use of world transfers, so why is it that a npc would remember a player if they had a different name. Also there are lots of different reasons for not being able to deliver certain items. If I recall you can't send augmented items period. I have some crappy low level ring that I augmented using FoV. It has no plot significance at all, yet I can't send it to a mule. If I had to gander a guess as why that is it's probably because the way the delivery box works doesn't take in a variable for whether or not the item has augments and what they are. And at the end of the day, that's what all out characters are. We are all just a list of object with stored variables. The guild master isn't reading my POL I.D. all that matters is my variable for alchemy skill is at 110. If you need anymore proof that we are just a bunch of numbers to npcs talk to the moogles for the anniversary event and have them list off how many times you have died and stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If I recall you can't send augmented items period.
    This is more of a technical limitation than a deliberate restriction, my understanding is they can't save the extra data with a specific instance of an item when it goes through the delivery system or auction house.
    (0)

AH makes sense, separate listing for each item.

However, I can't understand how an item can exist in the game, persist between sessions and server restarts, and not be sendable. I can't see why the dbox system can't have augment capacity added to it.

My mule has a nicely augmented SCH cape that it got from some event, idr what, lol
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-18-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think a good alternative would be to create headgear that changes your hairstyle. I mean, technically they already do, so I wonder how difficult it'd be to make something like that.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This is something almost every mmo offers, it's extra money for the game and a lot of people want it. As proven by the amount of money these services make on other games.

Can we get an official response as to if this is something that might be added in the future or if it's against the developers view of how the game should be?
    Great for a lot of people want to pay more money to destroy the community. I learned that in FF14 and forgot a lot of people I knew before anymore. It's sort of keeping stalkers winning.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Great for a lot of people want to pay more money to destroy the community. I learned that in FF14 and forgot a lot of people I knew before anymore. It's sort of keeping stalkers winning.
    What? That's like saying we should not have cars because someone was drunk and ran over a cat.

The vast majority want these features to keep the game fresh for themselves or because they don't like their initial choice of character anymore, on my last MMO I changed my race and/or redesigned my char very often. I spent $20 per go, every few months.

Would it be possible for a mod to chime in as to if this is something that might be being talked about or is it against the producers / directors view of how the game should be? They must of talked about it, if it's no then it would be great if we could be told so instead of it having to be brought up all the time with no answer.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What? That's like saying we should not have cars because someone was drunk and ran over a cat.

The vast majority want these features to keep the game fresh for themselves or because they don't like their initial choice of character anymore, on my last MMO I changed my race and/or redesigned my char very often. I spent $20 per go, every few months.

Would it be possible for a mod to chime in as to if this is something that might be being talked about or is it against the producers / directors view of how the game should be? They must of talked about it, if it's no then it would be great if we could be told so instead of it having to be brought up all the time with no answer.
    It IS possible... I won't say Content ID is like Character ID. Is it against the producers / directors view of how it should be? No... Against players view? Yes. The community reps here mostly sit here listening to players' negative and positive opinions. If more players agree with each other then the developers would look at it. They are not up for rushing to answer to an individual's question.

Opinion: the difficulty in name changes is a good thing because it prevents someone from being a douche and then changing their name quickly and easily to escape their bad reputation.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Plus, I created another character last week and let me tell you... Trying to find a new name is very pain.
    (0)

Player
    I realize I'm a very tiny minority, but I always liked this aspect of FFXI, the inability to completely change your character once you have made it, the fact that the game tried to tie gameplay and story together.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    I realize I'm a very tiny minority, but I always liked this aspect of FFXI, the inability to completely change your character once you have made it, the fact that the game tried to tie gameplay and story together.
    I agree completely, I have always enjoyed the fact that the game insisted on you making a commitment, on being responsible for your actions and decisions. I think at level 1, the game is telling you something, which is that your actions and decisions in the game are important, and you can't just rush blindly into things and then go cry about it later. You need to think before you leap.

Level 1 Character Creation is telling a new player that they need to understand that this is a long-term game, and they will be looking at this Character for years, so they should choose their Character very carefully. This is encouraging personal responsibility, a trait that will serve a player very well in later parts of the game where they are part of a Community who expect them to think in advance, plan accordingly and to act responsibly.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast