Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Plus, I created another character last week and let me tell you... Trying to find a new name is very pain.
    (0)

Player
    I realize I'm a very tiny minority, but I always liked this aspect of FFXI, the inability to completely change your character once you have made it, the fact that the game tried to tie gameplay and story together.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    I realize I'm a very tiny minority, but I always liked this aspect of FFXI, the inability to completely change your character once you have made it, the fact that the game tried to tie gameplay and story together.
    I agree completely, I have always enjoyed the fact that the game insisted on you making a commitment, on being responsible for your actions and decisions. I think at level 1, the game is telling you something, which is that your actions and decisions in the game are important, and you can't just rush blindly into things and then go cry about it later. You need to think before you leap.

Level 1 Character Creation is telling a new player that they need to understand that this is a long-term game, and they will be looking at this Character for years, so they should choose their Character very carefully. This is encouraging personal responsibility, a trait that will serve a player very well in later parts of the game where they are part of a Community who expect them to think in advance, plan accordingly and to act responsibly.
    (0)

Character
    Kitsuru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i Gotta stay id be all for a name change option at least, it sucks when people return to the game or change servers and have 1 letter difference from your name and another person and you get /tell spam from their friends or constantly hear "Omg is that your mule?"
    (0)

Character
    Kenjii
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I agree completely, I have always enjoyed the fact that the game insisted on you making a commitment, on being responsible for your actions and decisions. I think at level 1, the game is telling you something, which is that your actions and decisions in the game are important, and you can't just rush blindly into things and then go cry about it later. You need to think before you leap.

Level 1 Character Creation is telling a new player that they need to understand that this is a long-term game, and they will be looking at this Character for years, so they should choose their Character very carefully. This is encouraging personal responsibility, a trait that will serve a player very well in later parts of the game where they are part of a Community who expect them to think in advance, plan accordingly and to act responsibly.
    I'd agree if the game also didn't let you to change jobs, alliance, and answer options in quest dialogues. I don't see an intended message of commitment, personally. It really only feels like, back then, a change race/gender/name feature was simply something the developers (and the game engine) were not capable of.

It's not like Fable II where you're stuck on the same thing until you run into this ONE CHANCE to drink a potion to change gender forever and never again.

Unfortunately though, this is a game core mechanic, and much like my request to let us sit on benches scattered throughout the game, it's probably irreversible to change now.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

I just simply want to remove my tits without undoing the past decade I put into my account.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvinta View Post
    I just simply want to remove my tits without undoing the past decade I put into my account.
    Yeah I want to switch to a male model so the game stops cutting belly holes in my shirts... I picked my character based on them looking tough and butch and meanwhile I get dresses for special events and holes cut into my clothes... ughghgh
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If Square are worried that not enough people will buy these options because of 3rd party apps, I can tell you that an important reason (aside from said apps being unreliable when they swap your race/face) is people want others to see the difference too.

Also if you really want to boost sales of these race / character coupons just add a few new hair styles to the game, this is what other mmo titles do and they sell a ton of race / character remodel change tickets from doing that. Not like you even have to make the new models, you can just re-use hair styles from current story npcs.
    (0)

Character
    Kenjii
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If Square are worried that not enough people will buy these options because of 3rd party apps, I can tell you that an important reason (aside from said apps being unreliable when they swap your race/face) is people want others to see the difference too.

Also if you really want to boost sales of these race / character coupons just add a few new hair styles to the game, this is what other mmo titles do and they sell a ton of race / character remodel change tickets from doing that. Not like you even have to make the new models, you can just re-use hair styles from current story npcs.
    I'd kill (in-game) to give my Hume male Cornelia's hairstyle (Karst's daughter, not the dead Cornelia).
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Cesil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind this...also yeah ability to change our hair lol. That would be nice
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4