Player

Providence KI items

Any reasons why these still costs so much? 330k Cuor each for a fight that basically no one does seem a bit too much.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Because most people don't directly buy them and instead do the mini-battlefield for a free KI? Corundums are easy enough to get, especially if you stocked up Petrifacts from lower battlefields. Buying them was just a "get there faster" option, not the only way.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Because most people don't directly buy them and instead do the mini-battlefield for a free KI? Corundums are easy enough to get, especially if you stocked up Petrifacts from lower battlefields. Buying them was just a "get there faster" option, not the only way.
    Oh yeah! I wouldn't have problem doing the mini-battlefields myself (except for the fact my server is dead so it's kinda hard to find people interested lol), if not for the fact that that Kupofried's Corundum are locked behind a 24 hours wall. Which it's weird since they removed it for Voidstones, you can get them like candies and do VW non-stop but for some reason the same thing doesn't apply to Corundum.

Any reason for that? Like, is there any gameplay advantage behind Providence today? I did it just to see the area and the (very sparse) storyline.
    (0)

Because Provenance is the Voidwatch "Endgame".
    And while the restocking of Crundums are walled behind a 24 hour per recharge, you can get Crystal Petrifacts from the normal Voidwatch fights which by themselves can drop several of them each fight.
    Crysal Petrifacts can themselves be changed for Corundums, avoiding that wall.

Lastly, don't break too much of a sweat over Provenance, since the introduction of iLevel gear it's no more than a story finisher which can be cleared with a hand full of decent players.
    (0)

Player
    I know, I did all the VW fights I needed to do to reach Provenance on my own (and some extra like Aht Urhgan), but barely had 4 Corundums. I understand Provenance is VW "endgame", but voidstones are given basically like free candies, displacer prices were dropped, not to mention all the changed to old timers such Abby, Assault tags, Dynamist timers, etc. Isn't a bit late to worry about old content "legitimacy"? It just feels like they forgot about this piece of content altogether. I don't think I even ever saw a Provenance Watcher shout in my server.

As I said I'm doing this just for the story, I certainly don't need the gears.
    (1)