Character
    Primus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Anyone else want scaling difficulty added to Escha and Reisenjima Domain Invasions

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone else who plays wants them to make difficulty adjustments to the dragons for Escha and Reisenjima Domain Invasions? My issue is that I was in my busiest work season when Domain Invasions were released. Everyone is now done with this content. There are at most two other people present at each Domain Invasion now who still require kills and there are not enough people to kill them and earn a decent evaluation. I know some will say that a series of server merges would fix this problem, however I feel that it would only raise the number of present participants from 3 to say 6. Even then for how long? I would suggest that the developers make this content scale to the amount of people participating. If there are 18 people present in the battlefield then have the dragon adjust to max level but if there is only one person have it scale down to a level that is just as challenging but at least soloable with trusts so that players can get the required wins and a decent evaluation. I apologize for the rant, I am just curious if anyone else has run into this same problem.
    (3)

Yeah I have zero dragon wins and I don't imagine myself ever getting them as there is no one there when I look...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I need dragon wins, i know my friend with whom i duo needs dragon wins, i know atleast 3 people in my ls who need dragon wins....maybe someone buckle up and yell for people to join? We're all on the same server after all
    (0)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They decided to make them pop more frequently but I think that actually made things worse. Before, when a dragon popped it was special. You dropped what you were doing and rushed out there to fight it. Now, you can't be bothered. Some of that has to do with people getting what they need and moving on but a lot of it is just apathy because another one will pop shortly.

Rather than scale them, I'd like to just see them weakened overall because it's a pain when blessings are down. Also, it would be cool if their loot pools could be updated once in awhile to keep people coming back.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    They decided to make them pop more frequently but I think that actually made things worse. Before, when a dragon popped it was special. You dropped what you were doing and rushed out there to fight it. Now, you can't be bothered. Some of that has to do with people getting what they need and moving on but a lot of it is just apathy because another one will pop shortly.

Rather than scale them, I'd like to just see them weakened overall because it's a pain when blessings are down. Also, it would be cool if their loot pools could be updated once in awhile to keep people coming back.
    These are all good points and good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    I need dragon wins, i know my friend with whom i duo needs dragon wins, i know atleast 3 people in my ls who need dragon wins....maybe someone buckle up and yell for people to join? We're all on the same server after all
    I'm into it, feel free to look me up.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really solve the issue as this content is just gonna get hard to complete over time not easier.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't really solve the issue as this content is just gonna get hard to complete over time not easier.
    Normally I'd agree with this statement, but I've found it to be quite the opposite. As our gear keeps creeping up, the dragons get easier. I know that I went to go poke at Azi in Zi'tah one day because I wanted the DW earring (which still has not dropped... curse that dragon), and the only people there were myself on BLU/RUN, an lsmate who recently came back and was on PLD/WAR, and some random SCH I don't know. We were each solo with Trusts, but with just three of us, we took down Azi no problem from about 60%, with plenty of time. I handled adds, PLD tanked, and SCH did... SCH-y things. I wasn't watching him. But it was next to zero difficulty aside from a breath where the dragon randomly turned a bit and hit the PLD at full force, knocking him out at about 25%, but he just HP'd and came back and resumed with only a mild hiccup.

Granted, Azi's easier than the other two because he doesn't spam Paralyze (looking at you, Naga) or Sleep (So much sleep, Quetz, so much...), but even so the difficulty felt rather minimal for the most part. I imagine as gear progresses and pushes us further, it will grow easier and easier regardless.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Ha....The dragon just looked at me when I was solo and I died.

What I meant was more that over time fewer and fewer people will need it and those that do will probably not have the advantages of the better gear...

But I appreciate your hopeful outlook ^^
    (0)

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I've soloed it on BLU and personally have seen BST do it. If you grab a friend or two it shouldn't be hard to farm a few kills or have a friend advertise in a town that it's being killed. Just some suggestions incase they don't adjust it.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    With the increase in pops, you may not be able to solo it in 1 pop, but you can stick around and get some JP while you wait for it to pop again !. As for getting clears, I think what would really help boost this event would be adding domain invasion to the campaign rotation. Add drops like pluton cases/boxes to the pool during the event. Scaling the difficulty would be very difficult since any number of players can randomly join or drop from the fight at any given time. Scaling would require constant evaluation of the number of players in the fight and constant adjustment. A campaign would allow for people to get clears by simply encouraging more people to participate. They could also just add plutons, beitetsu and boulders as normal drops from domain invasion. Adding RME upgrades boosts any event !
    (0)