Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Mega happy smiles.

As we enter our fifteenth year with a new development structure, we pledge to give our all on both the development and operations sides so that all can feel proud calling Vana'diel their second home.

I hope to continue to see your smiling faces for a long time to come.

Akihiko Matsui
    Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI.

This message made me profoundly happy.
    Even my automaton wept tears of joy.
    The sun came out through the clouds, and songbirds started scattering flower petals all around.

Happy Anniversary everyone!
    (11)
    Last edited by Stompa; 05-17-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Happy Anni Stompa and everyone else who calls Vana'diel their sometimes home

(2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

While lacking real life time to spend more time in it, Vana'diel's still a fun place to hang in when I do have time to hang out.
    Happy anniversary~
    (3)

Happy anniversary from myself and everyone on the community team!
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Concur CONCUR Concur!!! Yes...and thank you for continuing this most awesome of MMOs!!!!
    (5)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Immortta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Love this game
    (5)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Love this game, always and forever.
    (3)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    I've taken many breaks here and there over the last year (for reasons not concerning the game itself) and I'm always so happy each time I come back to it. I've spent the better part of 15 years searching for a game that could meet all the, frankly, ludicrous standards I have when it comes to this genre, and I've consistently came up short almost each and every time. It wasn't until I came back to XI a few years ago, after many of the QoL changes, that I FINALLY (<-- pun kind of intended...) found something that came as close as possible to meeting those standards, in XI.

Since I returned, I've taken things crazy slow and enjoyed every minute of building my character. I'm sure it will sound crazy to many people, but I still have yet to get to 99 on a single job. In fairness, some of this is because of the plethora of time constraints I've dealt with since I've been playing, but a large part of it is because I found the class/job I was looking for in the BLU, and I've made it a goal to find my spells casually as I level -- and trying to do missions/quests while I'm still at least somewhat level appropriate. It's been an awesome adventure for me, the likes of which I haven't experienced since playing Everquest and the old school FFXI back in the early-to-mid 2000s. I still kind of regret not staying true to the game back then, but as much as I loved it, I just didn't have the time, given that my Drk had such a hell of a time finding parties, heh. But I digress.

Over the last couple of years, this game has become more and more a part of my life, and even though I sometimes don't have the time for it, I expect to always have a place for it as long as it's here. I also just recently got my GF into the game and she's becoming almost as attached as I am. That said, I can't thank SE and the devs enough for the amazing work and effort they've put into this game over the years, and to me, it stands as one of the last shining beacons of online gaming greatness that exists in the genre. Reading the words of the producer really fills a void that was left with the ending of the console support and I'm excited and optimistic to see what the future holds for the game!

Happy Anniversary, and many more!
    (1)
    Last edited by Seillan; 05-18-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    I can't thank SE and the devs enough for the amazing work and effort they've put into this game over the years, and to me, it stands as one of the last shining beacons of online gaming greatness that exists in the genre. Reading the words of the producer really fills a void that was left with the ending of the console support and I'm excited and optimistic to see what the future holds for the game!

Happy Anniversary, and many more!
    I totally agree with you, there is no other game anywhere in the world, that pushes all the right buttons for me. I try playing other games, and I always end up wishing those games were "more like FFXI" lol.

Just like you, I am playing the game slowly and enjoying the journeys, not just racing towards the destinations. Vana'diel is a work of art, a living cybernetic ecology, a world of virtual dreams.

It is easy to take things for granted, to find small faults in the minor and to overlook the huge achievements in the major. Sometimes it is good to stand back and just appreciate what a brilliant creation we are actually travelling through.

Also, just like you, I think the Devs deserve great praise for all their continuing efforts within this brilliant creation, the tweaks and fixes and new game devices that they enthusiastically offer to us, to make FFXI more enjoyable to everyone. I am so glad that FFXI is still online, and Vana'diel is still getting the TLC it truly deserves.
    (3)