Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If the gear isn't all that good, then why are you bothering? I assume you are not referring to the capes, because they are great. You are right that it is your right to solo if you want. On the same token, it is their right to create an event on their game that is geared towards the majority of the people that play. I am sorry that you don't enjoy teaming up or can't find the time to do it. Don't try to discourage them from making the game fun for those of us that do. I like to challenge myself as well..... to play cohesively with a group of other players, friend or stranger. The content is still solo friendly, but its just a little more challenging. Not a problem since you like to be challenged, right?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    If the gear isn't all that good, then why are you bothering? I assume you are not referring to the capes, because they are great. You are right that it is your right to solo if you want. On the same token, it is their right to create an event on their game that is geared towards the majority of the people that play. I am sorry that you don't enjoy teaming up or can't find the time to do it. Don't try to discourage them from making the game fun for those of us that do. I like to challenge myself as well..... to play cohesively with a group of other players, friend or stranger. The content is still solo friendly, but its just a little more challenging. Not a problem since you like to be challenged, right?
    The capes are great.

I am not doing it this month because the time limited gear is not worthwhile for the hassle.

I've gotten a lot of nice drops soloing hard mode mission battles with double drops - it's a way better use of my time than ambuscade this month. Capes will be there next month.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So I've changed my tune on this month's Ambuscade. Obviously the Quadav fight is all sorts of stupid and I'm ignoring that. But for the Demon/Taur fight, it's really not so bad. We had initially tried separating the mobs, but that just led to the Taur spamming knockback/bind regular attacks while losing hate all the time. Seriously not fun.

Once we learned to group them together, the fight got a lot easier. Since killing one NM significantly powers up the second NM, the key is to minimize the time between kills. We typically take the Taur below 10% before switching to the Demon. Once they are both at low HP, I like to kill the Demon last because I think it's safer but you can kill them in any order at that point. The tank either needs to be good at avoiding Mortal Ray or you need a WHM with a good Cursna set. Holy Water helps too. But the NM really does get spammy with it so it's best if the tank can focus on turning.

So my only real issue is that I imagine that it's difficult to do this solo. Well, that and SE really has to make sure that if you have to kill 10 XP-yielding mobs to get a new entry KI, there need to be enough of these mobs with a quick respawn rate. One thing that would be helpful would be if Abyssea mobs counted (they count for WS trials, why not this?). I'd also like to see 1-2 Abdhaljs Seals added to the total Hallmark rewards.

I notice on my server that there are a lot more pickup groups happening. People are flagging up in Mhaura, grouping up, and making progress. So that's a good thing.
    (6)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Reason why abyssea mobs don't count is because it's for xp mobs while ws trials just want things to die with ws. They don't want to lift the xp restriction probably to stop you from killing lvl 10 stuff
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pretty sure they tried to make it less soloable this time around to try and promote the new gallantry points (only obtainable in a group).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Pretty sure they tried to make it less soloable this time around to try and promote the new gallantry points (only obtainable in a group).
    If that was the intent then it was a big mistake. Gallantry should be it's own promotion, an extra to encourage players to team up whenever possible. But it should have never been implemented at the expense of the solo experience.

Ah well, at least they have the numbers to tell them whether this Ambuscade was more successful than the first one or not, and they should adjust the content accordingly for the next month. (Or at least I'd hope so.)
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Regular was a little bit of a challenge to figure out and do vs the mind numblingly easiness that was last months but wasn't too bad unless you thought you could still solo VD lol.

Intense on the other hand tripled down with a ton hard hitting moves and such that would easily kill a hard nm party forget something you are farming ad nauseam and had a bunch of gimmicks that didn't really get nailed down till most people that cared already had all their points for month already. Which would be fine if they were merely gimmicks that made it easier/harder but instead actually made the mobs unkillable. Oh and was glitched for like half the month (might still be?)
    (0)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yes, we want tank in spank no we don't want to break our back's for little or no rewards.
    (0)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    ambuscade is love, the ambuscade is life. learn to embrace the ambuscade. the ambuscade must never stop. it is perpetual, it is infinite. ambuscade is relic, ambuscade is mythic, ambuscade is empyrean. ambuscade is mantle, ambuscade is money. the ambuscade must NEVER stop. the ambuscade is the best thing SE has ever done. I LOVE FUCKING AMBUSCADE. figuring it out every month, partying with retards, finally beating it in difficult. cashing in that HP bayld. making the mantles trading one item at a time (not this, fuck whoever thought this was a great idea). but ambuscade is life <3
    (0)
    Last edited by ashstar; 06-30-2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: needed to add more love for ambuscade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3