Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Noraud
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

new regular ambuscade is not fun

I shouldnt constantly have to hope my npcs dont blow up one of the two mobs in regular ambuscade when it gets low, nor should I have to constantly take care to not weapon skill when I cant turn from mortal ray in something thats supposed to be "easy" and "very easy"

Its just as frustrating to play the easier difficulties as it would be the harder ones, and for less reward

get your $#!! together
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think you need to work out a battle strategy.... *** Take Holy Water with you **** for a start..

What do you want to happen? For them to die in two hits?
    (2)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You can WS and turn before you get animation locked...

Rather than telling SE to get their ...expletive together, how about this bit of classic advice for you.

get gud
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    new regular ambuscade is not fun
    I wasn't aware that old ambuscade was fun. Does every battle of this game need to be basic/tank&spank/WeaponskillUntilDead?
    (0)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    I wasn't aware that old ambuscade was fun. Does every battle of this game need to be basic/tank&spank/WeaponskillUntilDead?
    As opposed to what? basic/tank&spank/MagicBurstUntilDead?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    No, but the "regular" battle last time was something that a person in half decent gear could solo on normal without a bunch of BS mechanics randomly destroying the run.

They have two battlefields, at least one of them should be reasonable to solo.

BS mechanics are one thing for battles you don't need to literally spam 150+ times and that you're not supposed to be able to solo. Go ahead have BS mechanics in ultimate endgame, but keep them out of ambuscade.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    As opposed to what? basic/tank&spank/MagicBurstUntilDead?
    Oh now that's hardly fair. Most groups I've done this ambuscade with thus far have been predominantly melee. Don't compare ambuscade with endgame design. It's a far more equal playing field.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Point still stands, if they make the mechanics too much of a hassle people will just fall back to the easy way of doing things, magic bursting mage set ups. I think they put in a determent for magic bursting in this ambuscade, like one of the mobs gets crazy magic defense and magic evasion when it berserks, but I think someone said they got around it by putting a helix on before that.

Anyway after doing the fight the other day it's actually not that hard. The biggest hiccup being mortal ray. So if you are soloing and are using a tank trust who can't turn, what you should do is bring some sort of stun to stun mortal ray. It's definitely annoying considering how many times you have to do it to get all the armor, not that the armor is worth getting. My best solution is to get a player to team up with you to tank and make them do the annoying part of turning.

This fight does bring up some things that could use some quality of life adjustments. Cursna is too weak, and it would be helpful if we could see mob's tp like we can see out party members' tp.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    If you separate the mobs the Taurus doesn't use any tp moves so yeah... also the healing npcs are pretty pro at removing doom anyways
    (0)

Player
    I don't have a problem at all with this months ambuscade. I liked it much better then last months. This one actually created a little experimentation with the 2 mobs. After you get it down you feel like you achieved something. Teaching others is fun too!
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast