Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    If you separate the mobs the Taurus doesn't use any tp moves so yeah... also the healing npcs are pretty pro at removing doom anyways
    How do you separate them solo?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    (4)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Thanks for that Catmato, lol.
    I needed that laugh.

MAGIC!
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tiguar View Post
    I shouldnt constantly have to hope my npcs dont blow up one of the two mobs in regular ambuscade when it gets low, nor should I have to constantly take care to not weapon skill when I cant turn from mortal ray in something thats supposed to be "easy" and "very easy"

Its just as frustrating to play the easier difficulties as it would be the harder ones, and for less reward

get your $#!! together
    Honestly if you are having problems doing the fight solo(with trust magic), just ask people in the zone if they would like to team up.
    Bring Holy Water as previously mentioned...No reason to avoid bringing medicine to a fight, specially when "Doom" is involved in some shape or form.
    Kind of reminds me of people being stubborn to buy Reraise items and bring to Dynamis back in the day, etc..

There are many ways to avoid Mortal Ray anyways, you can hold TP until it uses a monster skill first or you can adapt to the weaponskill+turn tactic as also was previously mentioned.

We're halfway through the month now though and I doubt SquareEnix wants to waste time/resources because of a player refusing all of the above tactics/precautions when playing solo and not grouping with others.
    In any case though, hope that you have better luck with the fight and find a method that works for you.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Off-topic but related: Takayama is quite recommendable as place to visit if you're ever in Gifu.

On-topic.
    Just team up with people, I really don't understand why so many of you are like "Nobody wants to play with me! щ(ಥДಥщ)".
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    щ(ಥДಥщ)
    While we're on the subject of amazing methods of expression unique to the internet, that is the most amazing emoticon I have seen in a while.
    (2)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Um pets...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

Just team up with people, I really don't understand why so many of you are like "Nobody wants to play with me! щ(ಥДಥщ)".
    Except I was doing ambuscade in the morning before work, and I don't have time to sit around begging someone to team up.

Plus every time I've tried asking folks to team up in zone I get ((silence))

Month one was awesome, the event dropped great gear and was great for people of all ability levels, then they threw this garbage at us.

I obviously don't expect them to change anything this month but I think it's valuable to express how disappointed many players are by the change this month from last month so that next month is better.

Ambuscade was a great event when it was focussed on allowing players of all skill levels to do the work to get a great set of armor.

Keep the gimmicky nonsense for "Intense" ambuscade - leave "regular" ambuscade accessible for soloers and duoers.

It's really a shame because with the free week a lot of people *could* have gotten a great 119 starter set so they could do other events with folks - it would have been a great incentive for people to stick around. It's really a shame that they went this route.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 05-18-2016 at 02:23 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I find it pretty easy to solo, but really... why solo? Maybe if you are on too early for the rest of your server (hard to believe that your entire server shares a similar time zone), then just wait until peak time. They listened to our suggestions about our entry woes and did a stellar job of fixing it from my experience. Part of that fix is encouraging teamwork. You are playing an online social game, not a solo console game. If you just have a few minutes here and there to play, then most events in this game aren't for you.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    I find it pretty easy to solo, but really... why solo? Maybe if you are on too early for the rest of your server (hard to believe that your entire server shares a similar time zone), then just wait until peak time. They listened to our suggestions about our entry woes and did a stellar job of fixing it from my experience. Part of that fix is encouraging teamwork. You are playing an online social game, not a solo console game. If you just have a few minutes here and there to play, then most events in this game aren't for you.
    Why solo? Because I have about one hour before work to play, and I don't want to spend all of it shouting for a group. I pay the same sub as everyone else and if I want to spend my time soloing that's my prerogative.

Why solo? Because I play to relax and have fun and I find it stressful when other people judge me or belittle me.

Why solo? Because I am afraid of letting other players down.

Why solo? Because I ask people if I can join their groups and they say no.

Why solo? Because I find it fun to challenge myself.

Why solo? Because everyone shouting for members for ANY content wants to do everything on very difficult and I am not geared for that and don't want to be carried.

Why solo? Because there are 20+ jobs in the game and no one wants to invite about 15 of those jobs.

Anyway I do group up with people when the opportunity arises but I am not going to spend my precious free time shouting for group members. Either it comes together organically, or I am going to solo and enjoy myself. I am way too old to waste my time looking for a party.

The waiting times went down because the fight is unenjoyable and the gear is not that good. That's all.

Gallantry is there to "encourage teamwork" (aka give more rewards to the people who were already partying anyway) - they didn't need to make the fight annoying and unfun.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 05-19-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast