Hail and well met, Sicy!
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Welcome to the other side of the forums Sicy.

It's some kind of tradition on AH to ask a bunch of random mostly stupid questions of new mods, gonna try it here.
    Tell us a bit about yourself.
    ~Answer what you want, ignore the rest~

1. Do you still play FFXI?
    2. What was your first job to 75?
    3. What jobs did you enjoy most in the 02~05 era?
    4. What job do you enjoy most currently in FFXI?
    5. Do you own a pet? if yes, give specifics.
    ~ran out of questions for you, but wanted eleven~
    6. May I request ilvl equipment to be adjusted to display higher than just 119?
    7. May I request changes and explanations of the damage formulas?
    8. May I request Aeonic armor sets, as in armor roughly as difficult to obtain as the aeonic weapons with similarly legendary stats?
    9. May I request all Ambuscade armor have Damage Taken -% stat on them, totaling at least 20 in each set? (so players can forget old skirmish forever)
    10. Do you know if dev of XI is easier now that it is PC only or if it is still using the same dev software from when ps2 was used?
    11. Are you willing and able to d.box me a Kupo Shield?
    11 was a bad question.
    re11. What is your favorite jrpg or mmorpg if you'd rather?
    (2)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 05-13-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Welcome to the team dude. Hope we can hear from you more often as well as possibly meet in-game if there is ever an event hosted by the community team and GMs.
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think they know perfectly the situation on the jobs.

The problem its they use Classic MMRPG balance.

They with all intention allow some Jobs shine for some time. Wow did this a lot.

Example You make Two handers shine for 1 year, then you buff 1 Handers and allow they shine for 1 year. This will keep changing the META in your game. FFXI had a mentality during Tanaka era

Two Hander Jobs was considered Heavy DPS
    1 Hander jobs was considered Light DPS even tanaka said this so.

Zilart, Cop, ToAU, WotG. Two Handers was the Kings. SAM, WAR, DRK was the only job used for Zerg End game Content. Non friendly Mele jobs BLM and RNGS but with embrava, perfect defense, Sushi, Corsair. Two handers could jump in Accuracy levels and hit 95% Hit rate, making eventualy obsolete BLM and RNG too

When Abbysea came out 1 Handers and TWo handers was more equal cuz we were doing insane amounts of damage, the critical Hit WS jobs had a advantaje here but the content was too casual.

VW - Legion. Again Two handers put a edge over 1 handers, BLM and RNG.

SoA - During first season Two handers had a edger but RNG and BLM was used again cuz the Boss mechs.

So during 2005 to 2013. Two handers was the Kings of damage, nobody used Thiefs, DNCS, Ninjas, even Mnks as main DPS they were filling up spaces in the ally. With the 1 Hander WS changes, now the situation its in reverse, the 1 Handers job have what? 2 years shining. I think Square enix want this in purpose.

When the Two handers update come, the game will return to 2005 stakes sadly unless they do a really Minor Buff. I think Square enix will give 1 Hander jobs / BLM / RNG at least 1 year more of being the stars of the show

When the MMRPGS wish balance their games often they do this.

They Normalice all the DPS damage being super close each other. After of the equal the damage between all the classes then the devs can do minor buffs to difference the jobs but lets put a Example

All DPS jobs. between 1000 - 1150 DPS this is a balanced game
    A Broken game will have between 1000 - 2000 DPS making a Huge cap between Jobs, making some Jobs become unusable.

To Normalice FFXI i would equal the FTP in the weapon skills. TWO handers 4.0 at 1000% and 1 Handers 5.0 at 1000%. Then Changing small values to difference the jobs but keeping the 1000 DPS to 1150 DPS max, to make all the jobs of my game "usable"
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 05-15-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hey there Sicy, welcome!
    (0)

Character
    Loona
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Welcome!

I think I came across you on Twitter some time ago, and that inspired me to give these forums another try - if it's ever possible to provide some clarifications or status updates on the issues I brought up (about the voiced FFXI videos on Youtube and the current status of community acknowledgement/outreach) that would be great.

But asking not just what the community team can do for us, but what we can do for the game as a whole and the community team that's supposed to help us stay in touch with it, I wonder if there's anything you'd like to see more from the fans that would make your FFXI-related work easier.

Seeing that XIV seems to get a lot/more SE attention, and hoping XI stays healthy for as long as it can, I've taken recently to get more involved with things like the FFXI subreddit, contributing at the Bluegartr wiki (fewer ads and it stays nicely up to date with recent content), as well as trying to share more FFXI stuff on Twitter when I can find it. Been playing with the idea of writing articles or maybe making a video, who knows... I wonder if the community team has some more perspective on the kind of things that would help the most.

I hope you have a good and productive time in your new role!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2