Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    The Apogee thing is quite ok, would've been cool but in its current state Apogee is a good ability to have too.

As for pacts that need updating, I think I will put together a list of things for you to look at soon.
    (This list will be mostly based on my personal opinion, my fellow summoners, feel free to debate some of my choices once I've made them or add your own once I have.)
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    The Apogee thing is quite ok, would've been cool but in its current state Apogee is a good ability to have too.

As for pacts that need updating, I think I will put together a list of things for you to look at soon.
    (This list will be mostly based on my personal opinion, my fellow summoners, feel free to debate some of my choices once I've made them or add your own once I have.)
    I'll be looking forward to this list >^.^< not many summoners i can talk to on my server that know the job that well.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    After further discussions and testing within the development team, they have decided that they will not be making the aforementioned changes to Apogee. I apologize to those of you who were looking forward to this change. With that said though, they do feel that improvements to the usability of Blood Pacts are necessary, and they are currently in the midst of exploring other ways to address this. Once the plans have come together, I will make a follow-up.
    Can they at least look into removing the Apogee MP+ effect at least while we wait for the other things?
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Dear Camate and Dev team,

Hereby a list of Blood Pacts, both Wards and Rages, I'd like you to take a look at improving.
    Fellow Summoners, feel free to add your own input in this matter.

Blood Pact Wards (Defensive):
    - Aerial Armor (Garuda) Level 25 - Having a few more shadows. Scaled by level would be nice if at all possible.
    - Ecliptic Growl (Fenrir) Level 43 - Please increase the maximum values. I know that this idea might be a bit of a pain for the Lore lovers, but perhaps removing the moon phase mechanics and making the potency scale with level would be a good solution for this.
    - Earthen Ward (Titan) Level 46 - This one desperately needs a boost to at least the non-augmented Stoneskin cap of a mage main job.
    - Noctoshield (Diabolos) Level 49 - A flat -13 damage isn't going to make a healer's job a lot easier, preferably I'd like to see potency scaled with Level.
    - Ecliptic Howl (Fenrir) Level 54 - See Ecliptic Growl.
    - Dream Shroud (Diabolos) Level 56 - Maximum values definitely need to be increased, preferably scaled with level. And like with Fenrir's Moon Phase mechanic, perhaps it's time to abolish it for Diabolos too.

Blood Pact Wards (Offensive):
    All of them - Please increase magic accuracy over the board, Summoner gets very little pet-macc gear as it is.
    - Lunar Cry (Fenrir) Level 21 - Please increase maximum values. Perhaps abolish moon phase mechanic.
    - Nightmare (Diabolos) Level 29 - The potency of Bio is a tad low, please scale this by level.
    - Ultimate Terror (Diabolos) Level 37 - The stat drain needs a potency increase scaled by level.
    - Diamond Storm (Shiva) Level 90 - Please change the flat -25 Evasion to a percentage.
    - Pavor Nocturnus (Diabolos) Level 98 - For the love of whatever deity you worship, change this one to a Rage pact and instead of making it an extremely expensive Dispel make it do some dark damage instead when it does not KO a target.

For all of the above, if scaling's going to be used to increase the potency of the pacts please consider using the Avatar's level for this and not the player's main or iLevel. While it may not make a lot of difference, it will be an extra bone to those of us that have invested a lot of time and gil in making a Nirvana.

Blood pact Rage:
    - Zantetsuken (Odin) Level 75 - Please sever its connection with Astral Flow and make it a seperately castable spell like Atomos. With the same recast time as Death. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if this were changed to a single target ability. Heck, this might even give us a place with the blms on mobs where the Death MB strategy is used.
    - Level ? Holy (Cait Sith) Level 76 - I don't mind the randomness of the diceroll, really. But can you please change this pact to always do damage? Just make the diceroll decide the damage.
    Related to the above is that us Summoners have a severe lack of powerfull AoE attacks, they are either tied to our Astral Flow Ability or are more miss than hit due to a quirky mechanic (See Level ? Holy). The only other viable option we have is Thunderspark, which by itself is fairly weak, even with proper gear.

By the way, a high level pact with Piercing attributes wouldn't be a bad thing either. (I'd say a change to Spinning Dive could be a viable option.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Shirai; 06-02-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Would like to see Aerial Armor over time be scaled up to work like BLUs Occulation, Noctoshield really does need more than -13 dmg, Odin i think should do 9999 dmg when it doesnt instant KO an enemy as most of our BPs at 99 do well over 9999 damage nowadays anyway and this way will avoid a complete waste of the astral flow, as for Level?Holy i think it should do a typically decent amount of damage each time (maybe a tad above thunderspark) but when matched with a mobs level does double or triple damage.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

I agree with a lot of the items Shirai mentioned, but I'm gonna repost and add some of my own: (New Wards marked with *)

Wards:
    Heavenward Howl (Fenrir) - There needs to be a clear break of this. A ward like this isn't something needed when it comes to a fight. Hoping for one, but getting the other is extremely unfortunate. Make this one Endrain
    Ethereal Beckoning (Diabolos) - Grants Enaspir to all Party Members within the area of effect * The other clear divide is that so few creatures in this game have MP, so why waste your time if you know that the thing you're fighting isn't going to give you a return.
    Lunar Roar (Fenrir) - Scale up with SMN Magic Skill and offer 4-5 buffs removed.

Rages:
    Regal Gash (Cait Sith) For a Level 99 ability it's awful DMG, even more so when you take into the fact that both Carbuncle and Cait Sith can beat the lvl cap of other Avatars. Both of these Avatars are Extremely weak for being Light. And Her attack also closes Darkness, very weird.
    Blindside (Diabolos) - Also a lvl 99 Ability and it's just as bad as Regal Gash's DMG

Astral Flow - DMG for these need to be looked at

To tack onto Zantetsuken item mention:

Make Odin use Zantetsuken I - Single Target Death
    Make Alexander use Mega Holy - Massive AoE Light DMG

But while under Astral Flow:

Odin uses Zantetsuken II (Perfect Zantetsuken) - AoE Death
    Alexander will use Perfect Defense

Both casting of them Still Taking all MP.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 06-03-2016 at 03:24 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I know it's not really worth talking about, but I've been playing around with Atomos in ambuscade to take off the demon's dread spikes, and I was thinking that it might actually be somewhat useful if it would just speed the hell up. Cut the cast time down as low as it will go, like BLM stone, or even just to spirit cast time, and speed up the charge/discharge time so the whole thing happens in under 5 seconds rather then the 15-20 seconds it takes now.

Also, I'm rather partial to Carbuncle's Shining Ruby buff. +10% defense and static +4 MDB isn't nothing, and it especially helps trust tanks since they rely a lot more on defense values then player tanks do. It would be nice if it got a slight buff, but my biggest issue is that it is the only ward that cannot overwrite itself. I can't imagine why that is the case, but just fixing that would be a nice change in my opinion.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    To tack onto Zantetsuken item mention:

Make Odin use Zantetsuken I - Single Target Death
    Make Alexander use Mega Holy - Massive AoE Light DMG

But while under Astral Flow:

Odin uses Zantetsuken II (Perfect Zantetsuken) - AoE Death
    Alexander will use Perfect Defense

Both casting of them Still Taking all MP.
    Actually, Zantetsuken Kai (Massive dark damage instead of Death) for a non-Astral Flow Pact would also be agreeable.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Actually, Zantetsuken Kai (Massive dark damage instead of Death) for a non-Astral Flow Pact would also be agreeable.
    Had this idea a while ago to make them have a non-astral flow attack, 1 min recast and requires all the summoner's mp.

Odin - geirrothr - 10000 needles
    Alexander - gospel of the lost - AoE heal and removes all debuffs (including doom).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Odin - geirrothr - 10000 needles

Thing is, in this day and age 10.000 damage to a single entity doesn't amount to anything.
    Especially if the damage gets divided over more than one mob, Thunderspark would easily outdo it.
    (1)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast