Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm all for the prospect of using the mini forms of Alex and Odin as regular summons, atleast that way we might be able to have a light based avatar that can hopefully do decent light damage.
    (0)

More adjustments are abound for summoners!

In the update to take place after today's version update, we are planning to make adjustments to Assault, Retreat, and Release so that the cool down for these abilities are reduced to 5 seconds. We hope that this improves usability a bit more.
    (3)
    Last edited by Camate; 06-07-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added information
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    More adjustments are abound for summoners!

In the update to take place after today's version update, we are planning to make adjustments to Assault and Release so that the cool down for these abilities are reduced to 5 seconds. We hope that this improves usability a bit more.
    Can you also look into fixing the whole issue with assault flat out just not working?

Maybe also do something about Avatars going right back to attacking if Retreat pulls hate?

Retreat also should get a reduced timer.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    Retreat is also included, they accidently left it out in their translaton.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Retreat is also included, they accidently left it out in their translaton.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I added it into my post.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    Can you also look into fixing the whole issue with assault flat out just not working?

Maybe also do something about Avatars going right back to attacking if Retreat pulls hate?

In my experience it works like this: If you use assault when the avatar is far away it seems to first retreat to you then assault the target (even though you only use assault). If your avatar is too far away, it ends up just retreating to you (even if the monster is in range for the command, it's like it "times out" on waiting to use the assault part).

For retreat, SMN avatars always protect them, even if you sleep the mobs it will immediately wake them up. The only way I've found to make it not do this is not be on the enmity list for the monsters at all. So basically have the avatar aggro them, don't get sight/sound aggrod and don't cast or do anything on the mob directly. It would be a definite quality of life improvement to have the avatar change behavior if you use retreat, especially for sleeping (often have to unsummon the avatar just to let stuff stay slept), on the other hand it could have unintended consequences we don't want if that happens so it's catch 22. I was going to try something where you can have the avatar assault something, then use retreat and sneak and invis yourself and run around linking adds and then aoe them mostly to avoid the fact if you pull a group to aoe, the avatar will never follow you. It seems SE might've thought of that tho as casting sneak or invis gives me hate, prism powders/sneak oils might still work though or stunning the mob while you sneak invis... so the only other way I've found is the first mob I pull I use flash or do enough damage to keep hate on me while I pull and the avatar will follow that around beating on it while I pull >.> Game mechanics are really interesting to me this way.
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    In my experience it works like this: If you use assault when the avatar is far away it seems to first retreat to you then assault the target (even though you only use assault). If your avatar is too far away, it ends up just retreating to you (even if the monster is in range for the command, it's like it "times out" on waiting to use the assault part).

For retreat, SMN avatars always protect them, even if you sleep the mobs it will immediately wake them up. The only way I've found to make it not do this is not be on the enmity list for the monsters at all. So basically have the avatar aggro them, don't get sight/sound aggrod and don't cast or do anything on the mob directly. It would be a definite quality of life improvement to have the avatar change behavior if you use retreat, especially for sleeping (often have to unsummon the avatar just to let stuff stay slept), on the other hand it could have unintended consequences we don't want if that happens so it's catch 22. I was going to try something where you can have the avatar assault something, then use retreat and sneak and invis yourself and run around linking adds and then aoe them mostly to avoid the fact if you pull a group to aoe, the avatar will never follow you. It seems SE might've thought of that tho as casting sneak or invis gives me hate, prism powders/sneak oils might still work though or stunning the mob while you sneak invis... so the only other way I've found is the first mob I pull I use flash or do enough damage to keep hate on me while I pull and the avatar will follow that around beating on it while I pull >.> Game mechanics are really interesting to me this way.

You're talking basic mechanics, although #1 isn't always the case.

I've had the avatar fail to assault when he was less than 5m from me, it often has to do with situations where i'm running towards a mob and issue the command at the 21m distance.

AS for #2, there's plenty of situations where i would like to sleepga an army, but releasing an av after is risky but keeping it out will wake one.
    The problem is twofold, the sleep action only gives like 1 cumulative enmity on the target, and retreat gives a similar amount of hate. Simply put, sleepga and similar actions should probably generate more hate for the av, and retreat shouldn't generate any at all.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    imo, there are adjustments to summoners BloodPacts that are needed much more than adjustments to assault, retreat and release timers. It like going to a hospital crying with a broken leg and the doctor comes in and only gives you tissues to dry your eyes.
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So just started testing the cure potency of avatar cures and so far not really impressed, Just did Spring Water with max tp and healed for a whopping 657hp. I know it can cure status ailments as well but that is one very weak cure. Did Garuda's Whispering Wind with no tp and got 822hp back but gonna continue playing around as Garuda's might be better with TP backing it up.

*Added* Just tried Whispering Wind out with max TP and still healed for 822hp.

*Added round 2* Seems Healing Ruby II actually got an upgrade, Carby managed to heal me for 1366 which maxed out my HP so could go higher. Without TP it did 1040hp.

Anyone got any clarification on the wording for Spring Water and Whispering Wind? the whole "Adjustments have been made to healing potency and the TP adjustment has been changed to area-of-effect." is very vague.
    (0)
    Last edited by Secondplanet; 06-07-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added informtion

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    So just started testing the cure potency of avatar cures and so far not really impressed, Just did Spring Water with max tp and healed for a whopping 657hp. I know it can cure status ailments as well but that is one very weak cure. Did Garuda's Whispering Wind with no tp and got 822hp back but gonna continue playing around as Garuda's might be better with TP backing it up.

*Added* Just tried Whispering Wind out with max TP and still healed for 822hp.

*Added round 2* Seems Healing Ruby II actually got an upgrade, Carby managed to heal me for 1366 which maxed out my HP so could go higher. Without TP it did 1040hp.

Anyone got any clarification on the wording for Spring Water and Whispering Wind? the whole "Adjustments have been made to healing potency and the TP adjustment has been changed to area-of-effect." is very vague.
    The wording means that Spring Water and Whispering wind now heal for more base HP. Increases in TP increase the AoE effect from the avatar. More TP = bigger range. Less TP = smaller range.
    For Carbuncle, not only does it heal more base, but TP still increases the amount healed.
    (0)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast