Thread: Thinking

Character
    Vyhakeyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90

Thinking

I've been reading the bst threads...And I was wondering about something.

I know things about BST is everywhere in the forums, I was wondering about 1 thing. People are complaining about prices of jugs, suggestions of personal pets, and so on, but I'm wondering about our Pankration pets.

I spent time goofing off in Pankration and ended up with some level 50 pets that do me no good. Pankration is dead...No one goes in there...At least not on my server. I still have all my pets too just taking up space in my MH. So I was wondering if there is a way we can merge Pankration pets to BST? I mean I read the idea of raising your own pet to the ability you want, but you do that in Pankration as is, and you add soul plates to get the ability you want in your pet like regen and stone skin. So can Pankration Plates be changed where a bst can use those as jug pets? It would breath new life into Pankration (As least for BST to go in there and level their pets) and also assist on the cost of jug pets when the gil runs low. IN a way it follows hand and hand with the raising your personal bst pet idea, but instead of living in the chocobo stables or where ever, your in Pankration training your pet to fight like you would get from a jug pet.

I dont know what kinda of software work this would entail to do something like that, but I was wondering and giving a suggestion along the same lines as others but with something that is all ready installed in the game.
    (2)
    90 BLM, BRD, RDM, PUP, SMN, and WHM

7 years on Ifrit Server, now on Lakshmi

Character
    Vyhakeyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    To continue my thinking and game imputation:

Soul Plate pets can be under a time limit call out. 20 minutes like most summoned pets like PUP and DRG.

Max 5 plates can be held at any given time, that way the proper pet can be called out for different situations.

Like PUP, if the soul pate pet is not damaged, you can release and call out a different one.

Since the Soul Plate pet caps at 50, either lift the cap in Pankration (Which will be a lot of work on the development department) or the pet's level adjusts to the BST level like a jug pet does. (Either way that will take a lot of work in Dev.) But I was thinking since jug pets are that way, just transferring some of the lines over to the Pankration might help.

Under Pet Ability SIC, list the same ability the normal mob has that we can chose from. They do that anyways naturally in Pankration, but allows the BST control out side of Pankration.

While training your pet in Pankration, if you pet is trained to be Wild with less likely to follow your orders, then the pet when called out can refuse to listen to battle commanded under SIC and will do a random ability. The Tamer the Plate pet is, more likely it will follow SIC commands.

I will keep thinking and building this idea.

EDIT: The enhancements on Plate Pets will take effect at the start of every fight. I have a chingoe that has Stone Skin, Regen, and Attack plates added to it. Would be sad to see my Chingoe die in 30 seconds into a fight knowing in Pankration it has Stone Skin and Regen and it does not work as a jug pet. I dont know what kind of work this would cause the dev. department, but it does allow the beastmaster to make the pets how they want them.
    (1)
    Last edited by vyhakeyo; 04-09-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: More ideas.

Character
    Vyhakeyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Pet foods effect Plate pets the same as jug pets and charmed pets. Even though there is some regen plates you can get, some times that regen is not enough to keep the pet alive in battle. Some people might decide regen is not needed as a plate and rather use food, so they can use other enhancements on their pet.

Plate Pets can be called out in all Zones. Sorry SE, but as is Abyssea is locked down to just jug pets, so why not Plate Pets too?

Level to be able to use Plate Pets 50. My thinking is this. You get a level 50 pet, and call it out at level 20 BST. You now have an over powered pet in a way. Since the Pankration pet caps at 50, they will be equal to a level 50 BST. I know I would like to max out my pet's attributes and enhancements before I put it to work killing mobs. This way it gives a chance for people to work on them and work towards a goal of their dream pet if they are lower level.

No disappearing time. I've noticed with my jug pets, after a certain amount of time my pet goes POOF with out any warning. That is rather inconvenient when it happens in a fight. I have a tendency not to watch the clock when playing on BST.

Zoning into cities causes the loss of your pet and call out timer still implemented. Just like it would with jug pets and charmed pets. Teleport does not effect them though, or zoning into another area that is not a city. Past cities do not apply. LOL I've seen plenty of pets in the past in the cities. Might as well keep that up.

Plate pets must be equipped in the Ammo slot to be able to call out. The JA can be.....Ohhh...."Call PP" or something to that nature. That way the BST can have a timer to check to see when they can call out the next, and wont interfere with the all ready implemented "Call Beast". (PP means Plate Pet BTW)

Ok going to submit this one and keep thinking. LOL
    (1)

Character
    Vyhakeyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Oh, I just thought of a draw back. I have a Mimic...And well, they dont move....I've never seen anyone use a worm in Pankration, so I dont know if they can be a pet anyways except to charm them, and they still dont follow you. But those are 2 mobs I know dont move so they cant follow you. So maybe those 2 are Pankration only? I mean I can see after the fight, waiting for the mimic or worm to heal, and release it, but that would be a lot of time to do so you dont get caught in the recast timer, and I think a lot of BST would complain about that. Though personally I would love to throw my mimic at a mob, but it would be such a pain to wait for it to heal, release it, and move on. Also I think the elementals should stay Pankration as well. Those are SMN pets, though they do kick behind in Pankration, I think they should stay SMN pets.

Well, thats all I can think of. Hopefully someone from SE will read this and suggest it to Dev. Department.
    (1)
    Last edited by vyhakeyo; 04-10-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    hey theres 3 other people with the same name as yours how can this be???
    (0)