Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well maybe a good or fair solution would be that the magic burst bonus granted from a light or darkness skillchain should be higher while lowering the magic burst bonus for a 1 or 2 stage tier II skillchain. Scholars can't produce light or darkness with Immanamce. But 2 melee can pop double darkness (or light). Would that suggestion be agreeable?
    I didn't mean to offend, it just seemed that nerfing mob tp gain is what you were talking about.
    (0)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And I'm hating my phone...
    (0)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    Is there no 119 gear with subtle blow on it? I ask because it seems that you've been slammed by mobs in your TP gear. Of course it's a good design, if you were an Apex Crab and suddenly some crazy knife wielding adventurer started poking the bejeezus out of you, would you just sit there and lazily pinch them, or would you fight back with all you got to attempt to survive. If you take the TP gain from melter attacks away it would kill some of the realism and a lot of the challenge. At that point we might as well be fighting bags of marshmallows.
    Two issues with gearing for subtle blow: First, melee already have to have enough crap on their TP sets, between acc, haste, and -dt% without having to factor in yet ANOTHER stat that is absolutely required for any gear to even be considered. Second, subtle blow caps at 50%. That means half the tp fed, but that's still a hell of a lot more than what mages produce.
    (2)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    Well maybe a good or fair solution would be that the magic burst bonus granted from a light or darkness skillchain should be higher while lowering the magic burst bonus for a 1 or 2 stage tier II skillchain. Scholars can't produce light or darkness with Immanamce. But 2 melee can pop double darkness (or light). Would that suggestion be agreeable?
    I didn't mean to offend, it just seemed that nerfing mob tp gain is what you were talking about.
    This won't work because tanks can readily finish a skillchain. It doesn't take that long to get TP either. (Also, I took no offense at anything you said)

Sword:
    Light
    * Fire > Lightning > Savage Blade
    * Ice > Water > Atonement
    * Ice > Water > Knights of Round

Darkness
    * Light > Earth > Requiescat
    * Light > Earth > Swift Blade
    * Wind > Dark > Chant du Cygne

Great Sword
    Light
    * Fire > Lightning > Dimidiation
    * Fire > Lightning > Ground Strike
    * Fire > Lightning > Resolution
    * Fire > Lightning > Spinning Slash

Darkness
    * Wind > Dark > Torcleaver (but run can't use Torcleaver)

Katana
    Light
    * Fire > Lightning > Blade: Kamu
    * Fire > Lightning > Blade: Metsu
    * Ice > Water > Blade: Shun

Darkness
    * Light > Earth > Blade: Hi
    * Light > Earth > Blade: Ku
    * Light > Earth > Blade: Ten

And just for laughs, Club
    Light
    * Fire > Lightning > Black Halo