Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Player AoiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Reih
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

    Vana'diel Project: When are we getting more info?

    So yeah, when are we getting more info on the Vana'diel Project? I really wanna know what's happening with the mobile game. The Spinoff and the future of the PC version.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player Cabalabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The spin off has been out for ages, it's final fantasy grandmasters and is Japan exclusive, the mobile version of ffxi is coming out some time this year, there's another thread here that has an article about it with some pictures.

    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...of-FFXI-Mobile
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player Stompa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Remora
    Posts
    633
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    So yeah, when are we getting more info on the Vana'diel Project? I really wanna know what's happening with the mobile game. The Spinoff and the future of the PC version.
    The future of the PC version is that they will keep it running so long as people keep paying subs for it. They have already said that they will continue to provide basic FFXI updates, tweaks and maints, special events, and some new content too, for "years into the future." So basically our subs are very important, the future of FFXI depends on the loyalty to and love for Vana'diel, shown by the playerbase. This is the message I am getting from SE.

    I will never unsub voluntarily, I can't even begin to imagine a life without Vana'diel.
    (1)

  4. #4
    Player AoiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Reih
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm just hoping the future of the PC version has meaningful updates to justify playing the game. I'd hate to see the game fading away from the lack of new content. It doesn't have to be in the form of expansions. It just has to be in a way the game doesn't become monotonous.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    441
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    I'm just hoping the future of the PC version has meaningful updates to justify playing the game. I'd hate to see the game fading away from the lack of new content. It doesn't have to be in the form of expansions. It just has to be in a way the game doesn't become monotonous.
    We just got ambuscade, which is incredibly popular. This month they are throwing more content
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player BurnNotice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    238
    Character
    Teumessianfox
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, it seems SE is still highly interested in delivering great content. We just have to stay tuned to see what is coming out every month.
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player AoiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Reih
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    We just got ambuscade, which is incredibly popular. This month they are throwing more content
    Ambuscade was quite underwhelming as a new event. I hope it gets better than beating a dragon over and over.
    (1)

  8. #8
    Player OmnysValefor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    Ambuscade was quite underwhelming as a new event. I hope it gets better than beating a dragon over and over.
    ^. The gear is great (the one set we've gotten), the duality of the point system is genius, but the fight is extraordinarily boring, combined with the monotony of warping to Qufim, going into Zitah, fighting for 10 dragons/puks, warping back to Mhaura, fighting with the book for entrance.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Malichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California/ Bastok
    Posts
    31
    Character
    Malichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What I want to know is, since the console toe tag has been cut off, will SE consider an HD re-skin? I know that remaking the game in high def would be asking much but at least increasing the quality of the skins on everything would be nice. It's a PC only game at the moment so why not, or even perhaps creating a competition for player created texture packages!
    (0)
    A man is measured by how he conducts himself while being destroyed.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Malichi View Post
    What I want to know is, since the console toe tag has been cut off, will SE consider an HD re-skin? I know that remaking the game in high def would be asking much but at least increasing the quality of the skins on everything would be nice. It's a PC only game at the moment so why not, or even perhaps creating a competition for player created texture packages!
    They have been making several UI adjustments and have been alleviating on certain limitations.
    I'm pretty sure we'll see more improvements in the foreseeable future on those parts.

    A reskin however, I don't see that happening.
    Especially not with player involvement, SE's legal devision would have a heart attack if SE were to just release their IP like that.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast