Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Raise your item level to 119 by completing a tutorial quest!

"Records of Eminence is undergoing a small update, with new objectives providing a useful alter ego and guiding you on the path to increasing your item level! Completing all the objectives will raise your item level to 119!"

Wonder what this ends up being, I'm guessing sparks gear mk2?

Also a new trust, I hope it's a geo one that offers a large chunk of +accuracy and -dmg
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The language is loose enough that it could just mean it guides you through obtaining 119 gear that's already available in the game. Like reforges, Oboro weapon, etc.
    (1)

Even if it's not just a guide, "119" is a silly concept. Delve weapons, Delve II, Ambuscade, Alluvion Skirmish gear, Sinister Reign, level 119 UNMs, level 135 UNMs, all of it drops gear labeled with the same number but Delve gear is not remotely as powerful as Reisenjima gear.

That said, they did just introduce very exciting stuff through Ambuscade. We shall see.
    (2)

where is this said?

Ohhhh... here... well that is interesting: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...wcb/index.html

I guess they are realizing that there are huge gaps in the gear ladder for returning players...
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 05-04-2016 at 03:34 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    where is this said?

Ohhhh... here... well that is interesting: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...wcb/index.html

I guess they are realizing that there are huge gaps in the gear ladder for returning players...
    I think the problem is they based a lot of things on the item level, for instance the stats of trusts are based on your item level and XP gained in Escha zones is based on on it too (higher Ilevel = more XP gained). So this is long overdue.
    (0)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Yes please ^^
    (4)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Even if it's not just a guide, "119" is a silly concept. Delve weapons, Delve II, Ambuscade, Alluvion Skirmish gear, Sinister Reign, level 119 UNMs, level 135 UNMs, all of it drops gear labeled with the same number but Delve gear is not remotely as powerful as Reisenjima gear.

That said, they did just introduce very exciting stuff through Ambuscade. We shall see.
    Yeah, not all 119 equipment is created equal. They have had massive power creep while refusing to raise the item level cap to reflect it.

It was a poorly implemented system, continuing to be poorly implemented. If they're going to make item level virtually meaningless, just remove item levels entirely, and delevel all item level mobs by 20 levels.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I want to think it isn't about that, but rather about removing the penalty you suffer due to level difference when trying to do content in ilvl117 or lower gear since you get penalized twice as a new or returning player. Once due to the stats on the gear itself and then again due to the extra 2+ lvl difference.

So if they made it so your ilvl would remain 119 regardless of gear once you completed the quests then you could focus exclusively on the stats in the gear itself instead of worrying about losing a few ilevels anytime you macroed a lower level piece of equipment or weapon.

PS > That was my main problem with ilvl gear when it was first introduced, since the moment you increased the ilvl of new items most of the lower level pieces you had became instantly obsolete, completely removing any sense of accomplishment in favor of the power creep gear treadmill.
    (2)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 05-04-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    I want to think it isn't about that, but rather about removing the penalty you suffer due to level difference when trying to do content in ilvl117 or lower gear since you get penalized twice as a new or returning player. Once due to the stats on the gear itself and then again due to the extra 2+ lvl difference.

So if they made it so your ilvl would remain 119 regardless of gear once you completed the quests then you could focus exclusively on the stats in the gear itself instead of worrying about losing a few ilevels anytime you macroed a lower level piece of equipment or weapon.
    I'm confused. Is there some reason that your actual item level matters aside from trusts?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I'm confused. Is there some reason that your actual item level matters aside from trusts?
    Trusts are pretty huge... and it definitely affects pet jobs who do certain gear swaps for sure. Not sure if it does more
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast