Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Need 119 Weapon Pathway's Addressed - [devURGENT]

Hello. I am hoping a dev or someone from SE can look at this post and understand it.

I am having a really fustrating time obtaining 119 weapons due to factors outside my own control.

1. No one wants to party anymore on my server.
    2. I have waiting months to get someone to help obtain a 119 Great Axe and still have not obtained one.
    3. I have gotten kills on unity mobs and was unlucky, have done Sinister Reign with no luck.

I think 119 weapons shouldnt be as hard as relics to obtain. That there needs to be another pathway to obtain 119 weapons, SOLO.

I do not lack the will to kill NM's, I dont even care about dying and failures, the fact that we have no pathway to 119 except for hoping you get lucky with a gobbie dial coffer, which I have seen someone get the GreatAxe Beheader from Shadow Borealis Coffer.

SUGGESTION AND FIX TO THIS PROBLEM:

Please have solo pathways for me to obtain a 119 weapon for my jobs playing solo. I dont care if it takes me a week to obtain one solo or even a month, please open up a solo pathway for this. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Also need Merit Weapon Skills unlocked all of them!

Why do I need to merit 150+ merits every time I change a job??? Unlock them all, this is silly to just have to keep merit for them as I change jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Goes against everything this game is. To have a 119 weapon, you need to have partied with others and gained sufficient experience. You should join a linkshell and make friends. Or create a linkshell and do /yells and recruit helpful players. I co-lead a social LS (but lead my own social LS from 2004-2011) and currently I lead a Vagary/event linkshell (since June). I'm on one of the quietest servers in the game, yet I can still get 18 players for an event. There's no excuses here, you will simply have to be sociable and show other players you want to play the game as intended .. not as a solo game, but as a game which encourages you to have acquaintances. You don't need to make friends for life .. or anything like that, just show you are willing to lead a party. Hell, half the time I have no idea what the contents going to include, but I get a party and we do it anyways. So what if we lose? We learn from the mistakes and go about it differently.

You can already get ilvl equipment solo, that should be enough. You can get 119 reforged solo. You can get Skirmish gear solo. You can get Wildskeeper reive gear solo. But if ya really .. really want a 119 weapon with minimal effort, here's my advice.

Set up a party for the high tier battlefield Tenzen. 3 DD/NIN, WHM, BRD (for sleep), and you can be anything as 6th. Do the fight on Normal, and it shouldn't be too hard to beat. BRD sleeps the tarus, DD kill Tenzen quick and keep shadows up. After this win, you will gain access to Oboro's (Port Jeuno down the stairs) weapons. From there, all you need is gil and the ability to buy the necessary items from AH. You're on Bahamut, one of the most populated servers in the game .. so if we can do it on Cerberus (a server which often has less than 300 online when I play), then you can do it .. and there's no excuses! Devs won't do anything about this post, because it shows you are not playing the game as they intended.

And no .. they won't do a server merge. As much as everyone wants one, they won't. They make too much money off server transfers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 05-01-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I understand what your saying Kylos, but I wouldnt be here posting if I did not run out of all those options.

They give out 119 weapons in lottery coffers...

Why not allow 119 weapons be soloable? Does not make any sense.
    (0)

Character
    Gravenet
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    Hello. I am hoping a dev or someone from SE can look at this post and understand it.

I am having a really fustrating time obtaining 119 weapons due to factors outside my own control.

2. I have waiting months to get someone to help obtain a 119 Great Axe and still have not obtained one.
    3. I have gotten kills on unity mobs and was unlucky, have done Sinister Reign with no luck.

I think 119 weapons shouldnt be as hard as relics to obtain. That there needs to be another pathway to obtain 119 weapons, SOLO.

I do not lack the will to kill NM's, I dont even care about dying and failures, the fact that we have no pathway to 119 except for hoping you get lucky with a gobbie dial coffer, which I have seen someone get the GreatAxe Beheader from Shadow Borealis Coffer.

Please have solo pathways for me to obtain a 119 weapon for my jobs playing solo. I dont care if it takes me a week to obtain one solo or even a month, please open up a solo pathway for this. Thank you.
    While I concur with your frustration, I don't agree with making this game any easier than it already is... Its not even an MMO anymore -- its just a big happy community of I got this yesterday its really awesome... but now I have nothing left to do syndrome... As an older player I have found the major simplifications very frustrating and when I first really started playing the new content, really upsetting. SE has already destroyed its own original content by removing the need to do a lot of stuff people took for granted or Menial.. Which in my opinion played an intricate part in learning to play the game with a community of people as well as just simple game mechanics.

In the past three years every update felt like, "its not fair, it takes too long, I dont want to work that hard" While some of the quality of life updates are convenient they should never remove content that was already developed for the same reason. :

Outpost Warps -> Seekers Warp Thingies -> Survival Guides -> Homepoint warps... Overkill anyone?
    Crafted Items / Quest Items / Coffer Items / Maps --- Nothing that used to be semi important has to be done anymore...

"Not trying to be hateful... but unless SE is truly considering making this a full out single player game... While your at it I think you should give me
    my vagary wins cause I logged in... and I can't update my Empyreal gear without fighting these things... and they're not soloable... "

Please don't take offense to this post, its just once everyone has everything.... People will stop playing... because without story... Its not "Final Fantasy" anymore.
    While Farming Gear is NICE and it keeps me playing with the community there will be a time when I say, "Ok guys I dont need the new gear because there's no purpose
    for it other than killing the next new gear mob" and at the rate their giving away gear from "Older" content... You can't even go back and enjoy the older content with people cause everyone rather spam the "Freebee" Gear...

In the end FFXI is not a 1 player game.... and if it truly becomes that--- it will be time to find a new game with the community
    because no one will ever need each other again.
    (0)

Character
    Gravenet
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I understand what your saying Kylos, but I wouldnt be here posting if I did not run out of all those options.

They give out 119 weapons in lottery coffers...

Why not allow 119 weapons be soloable? Does not make any sense.
    While your right it doesn't make sense -- the avid player in me says, Remove the coffer give-aways as again you are destroying the need to do the very content you spent time building as a developer. The solve isn't to make this soloable, the solve is stop giving it away and make people earn it..
    (1)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GraveNET View Post
    While your right it doesn't make sense -- the avid player in me says, Remove the coffer give-aways as again you are destroying the need to do the very content you spent time building as a developer. The solve isn't to make this soloable, the solve is stop giving it away and make people earn it..
    While your statement would be correct 10 years ago. I think that preventing solo pathways will just cause more and more people who can not obtain outdated content through solo means, to move onto another game. I don't think 119 weapons should be so hard to obtain that it takes more then 1 month to obtain, they are not relics, mythics or special weapons.

I hope SE considers a solo pathway for these 119 weapons. Thanks.
    (2)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Goes against everything this game is. To have a 119 weapon, you need to have partied with others and gained sufficient experience. You should join a linkshell and make friends. Or create a linkshell and do /yells and recruit helpful players. I co-lead a social LS (but lead my own social LS from 2004-2011) and currently I lead a Vagary/event linkshell (since June). I'm on one of the quietest servers in the game, yet I can still get 18 players for an event. There's no excuses here, you will simply have to be sociable and show other players you want to play the game as intended .. not as a solo game, but as a game which encourages you to have acquaintances. You don't need to make friends for life .. or anything like that, just show you are willing to lead a party. Hell, half the time I have no idea what the contents going to include, but I get a party and we do it anyways. So what if we lose? We learn from the mistakes and go about it differently.

You can already get ilvl equipment solo, that should be enough. You can get 119 reforged solo. You can get Skirmish gear solo. You can get Wildskeeper reive gear solo. But if ya really .. really want a 119 weapon with minimal effort, here's my advice.

Set up a party for the high tier battlefield Tenzen. 3 DD/NIN, WHM, BRD (for sleep), and you can be anything as 6th. Do the fight on Normal, and it shouldn't be too hard to beat. BRD sleeps the tarus, DD kill Tenzen quick and keep shadows up. After this win, you will gain access to Oboro's (Port Jeuno down the stairs) weapons. From there, all you need is gil and the ability to buy the necessary items from AH. You're on Bahamut, one of the most populated servers in the game .. so if we can do it on Cerberus (a server which often has less than 300 online when I play), then you can do it .. and there's no excuses! Devs won't do anything about this post, because it shows you are not playing the game as they intended.

And no .. they won't do a server merge. As much as everyone wants one, they won't. They make too much money off server transfers.
    Apparently I thought I had to do more to get the Oboro weapons. it appears I could do something that I already did before in order to unlock it.
    It costed 1,700,000 gil for the mats, and I now have a 119 weapon. Log in campaign had the Claw, good thing too because I dint know where to start on that thing. Thanks Kylos. I wish they would have made it more apparent that it was soloable to obtain.
    (2)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Apparently I thought I had to do more to get the Oboro weapons. it appears I could do something that I already did before in order to unlock it.
    It costed 1,700,000 gil for the mats, and I now have a 119 weapon. Log in campaign had the Claw, good thing too because I dint know where to start on that thing. Thanks Kylos. I wish they would have made it more apparent that it was soloable to obtain.
    I'm glad you managed to get ya 119 weapon, and I know you will get more in the near future.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kylos; 05-02-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

if u want to come on over to my server id be glad to help u get a great axe or 2
    (0)