Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Mougurijin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I just want more "Inventory" space too. RDM gear can easily max out Inventory space before you even attempt to put some melee gear in Inventory too, and there's no space left for meds, linkpearl, stuff that drops, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    You fail to understand the PS2 limitations comment.

They can only have grouped memory of 80 items. They can't program around this without having to radically redo even the most basic aspects of the game. Comparing it to WoW proves you don't really understand the situation. They are not comparable at all. SE has stated this several times already.
    I've never read this either. It would be nice to see a link to one of these statements.

If 80 really is the highest size Inventory space can ever reach, would it not be possible to place gear swap gear in a seperate bag to the linkpearl, meds and treasure?
    Maybe a "Mog Suitcase" with 80 slots, which all gear swapping takes place from instead of from Inventory, and you just place all the gear (probably ammo too) that you have in your macros, or plan to equip manually, in this bag instead?
    (0)
    Mougurijin (Ragnarok? <-- Caitsith <-- Bahamut)

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    I just want more "Inventory" space too. RDM gear can easily max out Inventory space before you even attempt to put some melee gear in Inventory too, and there's no space left for meds, linkpearl, stuff that drops, etc.

I've never read this either. It would be nice to see a link to one of these statements.

If 80 really is the highest size Inventory space can ever reach, would it not be possible to place gear swap gear in a seperate bag to the linkpearl, meds and treasure?
    Maybe a "Mog Suitcase" with 80 slots, which all gear swapping takes place from instead of from Inventory, and you just place all the gear (probably ammo too) that you have in your macros, or plan to equip manually, in this bag instead?
    That could be done. The actual limit is 160, which is cut in half to 80, so it can display both inventory, and safe/locker/etc at once. This is why temp items work. The only coveat would be that it'd be impossible to transfer the equipment directly to safe/satchel/etc, and would need to be first transferred to your main inventory.
    (0)

Character
    Rionaheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    how about just upping them all to hold 99 instead of 80 even that would be enough space and if you think about some of the other ff games like 7 or 8 you could hold a max of 99 items till you were full yes we have mog safe,mog locker,storage,mog sac and mog satchel and if we had a few more gobi bag quests to up them to 99 then that should be more then enough as you can now store stuff via mog slips and npc's so i think se should just max storage at 99 like they will be doing with lv 99.
    (0)
    Rionaheart
    Server Ragnarok

Character
    Pagronith
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Think it'd be nicer if some stuff got their own inventory like the automaton parts get their own. While this in no way fixes our lack of storage space, it may alleviate it a bit.

Linkshells: Linkshells when used should then be added to the Linkshell menu instead of kept in inventory. From here depending on the person's authority within the shell (sackholder, etc.) the person may create new pearls, drop the pearl, switch to the pearl, or whatever normal options we have regarding pearls. The inventory pearl would be deleted and instead in our linkshell menu we'd just have our list of pearls that we've used. I know some people with multiple pearls for either socials or events and this would be a welcome addition.

Currency and seals: Ever see how we carry hundreds to millions of gil and it's all in a little text box? Why can't the other currencies be like this? I propose something similar to what I proposed for linkpearls for currency and seals. For these items, make them usable and when they are, ask for an amount to be used (for convenience) and then add it to a little text box. The current gil text box could have a drop down menu that allows to change currencies to view your current totals for what you'd like to see. Similarly, the trade and delivery box could have similar drop down menus for transferring of these items (the box menu would convert it to an item again automatically as it does with gil). Also allow for an option to re-make them into items for bazaaring purposes.

I'm sure there are situations I haven't thought off but this is just a proposal and would have to be tweaked as necessary. We need to think about different methods of alleviating our storage woes rather than just expanding the size and numbers of our bags (although I don't mind if they do so)!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbirdy View Post
    PS2---- just make new content available for PC and Xbox....leave the PS2 version locked with it's current content. Expansion could continue with the other 2 platforms then.

Implement secondary housing, with all new storage system in it. Have quests for the storage pieces to use in it. You could charge a rental for the storage housing like the lockers, but make it moghouse like.
    That is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time lol, yea let's cut off 60% of our user base to easy a few babies crying about space lol.
    (0)

Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    "I haven't done enough research into the problem" is not an acceptable excuse for ignorance. That said, it wouldn't hurt to have an official statement from SE about this now that we've got forums we can link to and discuss these things on.

There's no real way of getting out of the two bag at a time limitation, but I would be very interested in yet another mog sack. And by 'interested in' I mean 'you could probably get your playerbase to debase themselves utterly for this'.

Edit: Maxing storage at 99 is impossible; 80 is the actual hard cap on per-bag storage.

Pagronith: That would be a good idea! I don't think it's actually feasible, though. They're running up against severe memory allocation problems, and I'm not sure they'd actually be able to add in a system like they use for Guild Marks in FFXIV, unfortunately. This would be amazing, though; imagine seeing all your cruor, ichor, assault points, and so on, in one menu.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teakwood; 03-09-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Pagronith: That would be a good idea! I don't think it's actually feasible, though. They're running up against severe memory allocation problems, and I'm not sure they'd actually be able to add in a system like they use for Guild Marks in FFXIV, unfortunately. This would be amazing, though; imagine seeing all your cruor, ichor, assault points, and so on, in one menu.
    It actually should be feasible. Linskhells definitely don't need to be an item. Seals can certainly be saved in such a way...seeing as beastmen/kindred seals already are with with whatshisface in port jeuno.

As far as gear, they can actually set an exrta inventory just for gear. It's limited to 160 in memory at a time, whether that's 80 inventory, and 80 satchel, or just 160 in inventory doesn't really matter. This is easily seen with temp items. If you have temp items, and open your safe, the temp items are unloaded to make room in ram for the items in your safe, which is why you can't see them at same time. If you were willing to put up with such a limitation with equipment, they could in fact extend our inventory up to 160. However, temp items would still interfere with that. You can have a max of 50 temp items, leaving 30 slots left which could be used to effectively extend our inventory.

I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up, but it absolutely would be possible to extend our inventory by 30, while working within current ps2 limitations, and code.
    (0)

More bags is find with me, inventory accessible anywhere would be nice, we do have our almighty Moogle working for us don't we @.@

PS2 limitation is 80 per bag, (non-techincally speaking). So just give us MORE 80 limit bags then =D

With all the rare/ex gear/item/seal/etc/etc why do big change like delivery of rare/ex to mule, storage slips, blah blah blah, just give more inventory bag, less trouble for SE to code I think, and less trouble for us player trying to remember where we put the stuff. (gear set NPC, porter moogle, event item npc, etc etc)
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Give us the ability to choose which two bags are open as well. Sometimes I wanna move things from my Sack Satchel to my Locker or from Storage to Safe.
    (0)

I for one would welcome a new storage option within the mog house exclusively limited to furnishings. Storage is great and all, but its a real burden that I can't freely decorate my mog house without sacrificing a vast amount of my mog safe storage in the process. With all the furnishings we have access to its awful that we have to sacrifice visual appeal for storage space. Sure, mog houses are for the most part shortly visited and rarely have visitors, but its nice to have a place to store the various trophies and odds and ends I've accumulated over the years.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3