Thread: Job balancing?

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Job balancing?

There seems to be so many jobs that aren't being utilized. It seems like now all mobs spam AOE to the point where melee jobs cannot be apart of harder content, after returning for some time now me and my group are currently doing T3 in Reisenjima and I never see any MNK, SAM, THF, WAR etc. I would love this to be balanced so other jobs could be utilized all I ever see is BST,BLM,SCH on rare occasion SMN as far as dps. Sometimes I see BLU but not really as much as BST, BLM, or SCH for DPS.
    (9)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i agree that job balance in this game is at an all time low right now. I think the only jobs wanted are PLD, WHM, SCH, BLM, GEO, COR and BLU. pretty much if you are not one of those 7 jobs you're the wrong job which is pretty bad considering there is 22 jobs in this game so only 1/3 of them are used.

But at the same time SE has a great deal of blame on themselves for creating such an artificial difficulty to this game with NM's the spam AoE attacks so often and having mobs with such over the top evasion that DD jobs are not reliable compared to just using magic which really can't miss. I don't think its more the jobs aren't balanced (with the exception of BLU cause lets face it when 1/2 a server is playing the same job *cough RDM days cough* there is an issue with that job being too powerful) then there is with content being one sided for one strategy only.
    (2)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    SE needs to make some major adjustments to the game. I often find RDM to be useless unless they're capped JP's, and even then a GEO is better in 90% of all situations. Heavy DD's are just a complete liability at this point. Even with full Sulevia's+1, they still can't compare. BRD is nearly useless as well, because they're a support job that specializes with melee.

What needs to be rehauled to allow the jobs to have a chance to become more balanced: Hit rate system, Monster TP moves, the effectiveness of BRD, Multiple/Complete dispel moves, and the number of classes that can effectively tank worthwhile content.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cengeal View Post
    BRD is nearly useless as well, because they're a support job that specializes with melee.
    ...and even their melee buffs are behind a comparably-equipped GEO's, which is kind of disappointing.
    (2)

When they added Indi/GEO-Haste they might as well have just deleted bard from the game.

I used to BRD to get gear for my other jobs. No one loves us anymore.

GEO was already ahead for most strats, and then they went and gave GEO the only thing that BRD had to offer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 04-29-2016 at 12:57 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't know if they can even fix BRD anymore. The job is clunkier to play than GEO and weaker to boot.
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i agree that job balance in this game is at an all time low right now. I think the only jobs wanted are PLD, WHM, SCH, BLM, GEO, COR and BLU. pretty much if you are not one of those 7 jobs you're the wrong job which is pretty bad considering there is 22 jobs in this game so only 1/3 of them are used.
    Not that it's right for the situation of the game to be like this, but that actually sounds par to the course of how the rest of the history of this game has been so far. Seven might even be a bit generous. It's just not obvious to people because they have been those jobs that have been popular. After all, when BST was disturbingly unpopular, insisting that the job be invited to more events was met with, "But BST is a solo job. Level a party job if you want to join parties."

If you believe it all averages out, I'd say BST and BLU have...I dunno, 8 more years in the spotlight before we can talk about bringing them down a peg.

But of course I'm being partially sarcastic here. Just saying, to people who have previously been unpopular jobs, this really doesn't look like anything new, just a shift in balance where once popular jobs are feeling the burn all of a sudden.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 04-29-2016 at 05:43 AM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Not that it's right for the situation of the game to be like this, but that actually sounds par to the course of how the rest of the history of this game has been so far. Seven might even be a bit generous. It's just not obvious to people because they have been those jobs that have been popular. After all, when BST was disturbingly unpopular, insisting that the job be invited to more events was met with, "But BST is a solo job. Level a party job if you want to join parties."

If you believe it all averages out, I'd say BST and BLU have...I dunno, 8 more years in the spotlight before we can talk about bringing them down a peg.

But of course I'm being partially sarcastic here. Just saying, to people who have previously been unpopular jobs, this really doesn't look like anything new, just a shift in balance where once popular jobs are feeling the burn all of a sudden.
    The main difference between now and then, is that back at the 75 cap a suboptimal job was simply that: suboptimal. Everyone wanted a samurai, but a MNK, BST, or PUP could still provide meaningful damage. Then you look at today's balancing, and we have comparisons between jobs that can throw out 20k damage every 5 seconds or so, and ones that can maybe hit 5k with after getting TP, if the accuracy gods favor them that day.

Yes there's always been job balance issues, but the difference is far greater now. Instead of being between the best choice and something that's not as good, you're choosing between the best choice and completely and utterly useless for all content in the game.
    (2)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

9. 04-29-2016 10:02 AM

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I remember being it this way. It wasn't like you needed to have a specific job because all of them could do something. But now if you are not "This job" you can't join or do anything with your group because you need "This job" with no acceptions. . . . So upsetting I wanna go as my MNK again!
    (2)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think the only way of balance the jobs.

Example

Red Mage, Corsair and BRD.

RDM. Attack/RA. Attack 30%. Accuracy/Ra.Accuracy 20%. MA acc +15% / MA Att + 20%. Can use 1 Buff and One Debuff.

Corsair. 3 Dices by default Instead of 2. Unlocking M/E/A Any "Lv75" Legendary weapon, Unlocks 4 Dices and the ability of Stack same Dice x2. Example X2 chaos Roll, X2 hunter Roll etc.

Bard. 3 Songs Default Instead of 2 and Song duration 90 Seconds More. Unlocking any R/M/E/A lv75 unlocks 4 Songs and duration + 90 Seconds + Potency of All Buffs +10%.

To avoid People Exploit the System. Max Amount of Dices per party 4, Max Amount of Songs per party 4, Max Amount of RDM Buff/Debuff 1/1, Max amount Geo buff/debuff 1/1.

Put Something like this in the Test server 1 Month. Then ask for Feedback to the Playerbase, after all the Feedback received here add the Buff and Keep testing to see if the situation changed. If this work Nexth patch Two-Handers, etc.

Like other people said here. The difference between some jobs its brutal.
    (0)

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast