Thread: Job balancing?

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    This kindof shows your age to resort to personal attacks. I've not attacked your views. I've just expressed mine.

But this kindof thinking is like todays youth of that EVERYONE gets a trophy, not just the ones that were the MVP.
    I’m a little surprised you picked that one bit to respond to without addressing the views I expressed. I do think you need to get over yourself so I guess I’m sorry if you take it personally. It’s not so much everyone gets a trophy, it’s being allowed to compete. And I say this as someone who’s got the same stuff you got. Unless you have a Marsyas, then your word is the word of god.

I mean, are you still going to stuff on BRD? I made myself an Idris and find very little reason to bring BRD to much of anything anymore.

I've NEVER had overwrite order issues with Daurdabla. I remove my Emp Neck and Body when casting the Daurdabla dummy songs which reduces those song duration by 24 sec(20%) and then reapply with Gjallarhorn songs at full 4 min 51sec power.
    Scenario: You put up 4 songs that are max duration. One of them is dispelled. You put up a dummy song with Daurdabla (99) so now you have 3 full strength songs and 1 dummy song. However, if you want to put up a full strength song to overwrite the dummy song, it’ll only work if the other three full strength buffs have a remaining duration higher than 130% strength dummy song you just put up. As a career BRD, you’ve never run into this issue?

Also, I want to point out that if you had multiple tiers of the same song (i.e. Minuets or Marches), you wouldn’t know which one was dispelled so reapplying the correct song could end up being a guessing game. That’s something for which I proposed a fix earlier, but you shit all over the idea because it cheapens your efforts for one out of three legendary instruments. Why is Ghorn so sacred to you?
    (3)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Unless you have a Marsyas, then your word is the word of god.
    I don't have it yet but it is in the works. I have Kirin left and then my only issues would be some of the Reisenjima HELM NMs. But I will get it done because I want to be an exceptional brd.

I mean, are you still going to stuff on BRD? I made myself an Idris and find very little reason to bring BRD to much of anything anymore.
    I still do many events on brd, I am able to duo many nms with blue as brd.

Scenario: You put up 4 songs that are max duration. One of them is dispelled. You put up a dummy song with Daurdabla (99) so now you have 3 full strength songs and 1 dummy song. However, if you want to put up a full strength song to overwrite the dummy song, it’ll only work if the other three full strength buffs have a remaining duration higher than 130% strength dummy song you just put up. As a career BRD, you’ve never run into this issue?

Also, I want to point out that if you had multiple tiers of the same song (i.e. Minuets or Marches), you wouldn’t know which one was dispelled so reapplying the correct song could end up being a guessing game. That’s something for which I proposed a fix earlier, but you shit all over the idea because it cheapens your efforts for one out of three legendary instruments.
    So you just sing a dummy song and overwrite all 4 songs again at Gjallarhorn power. Is it hard NO, does it take more time, Yes, but then you have a fresh set of full power songs. That is the negative of songs, much like the negative of geo is that 1 of its bubbles is around the caster. Name one job that has all positives with no negatives. Castings songs does not take time with fc/-song casting time gear which is easy to cap now. The ONLY time I would not overwrite is if it were SV songs. If 1 is dispelled I would put on another song that was not part of the 5 that were sung.

Why is Ghorn so sacred to you?
    Its not so much sacred as I would like it to be equally boosted. Like I said before I have no issues that NQ brd gets boosted, but those that worked on Gjallarhorn should be boosted more. Much like how a NQ geo can do alot but an idris geo can do even more. This type of tier is what I'm asking for. If NQ brd gets boosted and not Gjallarhorn brd how is this akin to how geo is setup? It's just giving Gjallarhorn power to everyone and forgetting about those that did do the work to get Gjallarhorn. Is this fair?

But to be fair the buff should be put on the mythic, carnwenhan, since Gjallarhorn is relatively easy to get. This would be on par for difficulty as Idris since ergon wep was meant to be mythicish(not from nyzul so isn't really a mythic). The boost would be the combination of Gjallarhorn and Carnwenhan to be on par with Idris geo.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 05-02-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It seems like BRD is getting the most attention is there any other jobs that could use some focus? I am pretty sure SE is aware of all the problems that BRD has since the introduction of GEO. But there are a handful of other jobs that need help like the ones that aren't BLM/GEO/BST/PLD/BLU - RDM on rare occasion and COR on rare occasion.
    (2)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    speaking for my wife here but Drg needs to have a look over for their Wyvern, on a 10min counter and you're only good while its out and at times the rate of AoE spams and hurtful effects can make it hard for them to keep the wyvern alive. My wife doesn't have the hardest of times keeping hers alive but if you get killed and the battle just started you have to wait 10mins to be of any use again as the timer is now ticking.

Like said earlier SMN's wards need to have their caps raised or removed to allow us to have decent party buffs which might help us get spots in parties. Ninja's could use some loving again as they were an awesome tank but again the issue of mobs over spamming AoE's has killed that jobs potential off.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    It seems like BRD is getting the most attention is there any other jobs that could use some focus? I am pretty sure SE is aware of all the problems that BRD has since the introduction of GEO. But there are a handful of other jobs that need help like the ones that aren't BLM/GEO/BST/PLD/BLU - RDM on rare occasion and COR on rare occasion.
    BRD is only getting attention in here this thread because a handful of people care enough to discuss it. Other jobs certainly have issues and people should speak up about it.

So you just sing a dummy song and overwrite all 4 songs again at Gjallarhorn power. Is it hard NO, does it take more time, Yes, but then you have a fresh set of full power songs. That is the negative of songs, much like the negative of geo is that 1 of its bubbles is around the caster. Name one job that has all positives with no negatives. Castings songs does not take time with fc/-song casting time gear which is easy to cap now. The ONLY time I would not overwrite is if it were SV songs. If 1 is dispelled I would put on another song that was not part of the 5 that were sung.
    I understand that this is what has to be done, but I’d argue that the job’s mechanics should be improved to make it easier to get 4 songs up and maintain them. Yeah, it’s possible but could really be improved.

Just like how I think BST is currently playable but its mechanics could be vastly improved for a much more pleasant play experience. Just like how Aftermaths should be able to overwrite themselves. It just streamlines the game and makes it more fun to play.

Also, having Indi spells centering around the GEO is not universally negative and is very often beneficial.

Its not so much sacred as I would like it to be equally boosted. Like I said before I have no issues that NQ brd gets boosted, but those that worked on Gjallarhorn should be boosted more. Much like how a NQ geo can do alot but an idris geo can do even more. This type of tier is what I'm asking for. If NQ brd gets boosted and not Gjallarhorn brd how is this akin to how geo is setup? It's just giving Gjallarhorn power to everyone and forgetting about those that did do the work to get Gjallarhorn. Is this fair?
    Right, a NQ GEO can do a lot but an Idris GEO can do more. But if they increase the potency of Malaise, that benefits both Dunna and Idris GEOs. I don’t see how increasing the strength of buffs is helping only NQ players.

But to be fair the buff should be put on the mythic, carnwenhan, since Gjallarhorn is relatively easy to get. This would be on par for difficulty as Idris since ergon wep was meant to be mythicish(not from nyzul so isn't really a mythic). The boost would be the combination of Gjallarhorn and Carnwenhan to be on par with Idris geo.
    Carn already gives us a huge duration boost. Why should the buff be on the Mythic weapon? You want only RME BRDs to get invited to anything? What we need is a scenario where 3-song, non-relic BRDs can still get invited to things and that only happens if the job itself is addressed, not its legendary instruments. RME BRDs will still always be better than 3-song BRDs.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    Most melee's issues are, again, content design rather than class design. Future Ambuscade armor may fix a lot of the issue (but not all of it). And luckily, for all the people participating in both threads, Ambuscade armor, with more effort, can be obtained by sparks/skirmish geared people/trusts.

The enfeebling thing.. That will take a mindful effort by SE to make bosses that aren't so much more brutal on melee. There isn't a single boss in the game that is meaner to BLM than it is to Monk (besides being resisty to damage). Even Delores who goes crazy-enmity if she takes ranged damage just have everyone stack on the boss. The BLMs are more capable of being in -dt kits than the melee as well.

I honestly can't think of a way to make things more brutal on mages than melee. Even if you made defense a primary factor for a boss, you'd just have your GEOs use Indi-Barrier and people eating tacos or something.

Bard's problem is that it's class-design is now incomparably inferior to GEO. Songs need a buff and their mechanics need consideration.
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-03-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I honestly can't think of a way to make things more brutal on mages than melee.
    More bosses with riddle/MP drains? The return of Colibris? LOL

Yeah it's hard.

At least with BLM it was in such a rotten spot for such a long time that I don't begrudge that they are in the limelight now.

I don't currently play heavy DD so I can't really comment on their utility but I am working on DRG and the more I look into it the more it seems like they are super hobbled by the timer on the drake, I mean, even 5 minutes would be less cruel... a lot of that is master getting killed, seems like the dragon itself is pretty tough but either SE needs to make DRG ABSOLUTELY GODLY with their dragon out or they need to reduce the timer because making DRG at best sort of good with DRG out and LOLGIMP without it is not working from the looks of it.

RDM seems pretty weak at the moment, I have it at 99 but there doesn't seem to be any reason for me to work on it, it's worse off than bard and needs even more gear sets to be even halfway reasonable. For soloing my BLU is better (though I see that there are still RDM out there doing epic solos - BLU seems easier for less geared players to solo with) and BLU is more in demand for groups as well.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But still even though those jobs are in the lime light now they weren't completely useless back in the day and still could be utilized. As someone mentioned earlier in the post earlier in game all jobs could be used, although some were preferred each was completely useful and not just in specific situation. Which is sad now because it has changed to just "These jobs" are useful.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The BLU job point gifts of two free levels of all their traits is completely broken, and needs to be removed.
    (3)

As a part-time blu, BLU JP categories (+20 BM points especially) and bonuses feel like the job leveled up which is probably how JP are supposed to feel.

I'd rather them buff jobs that got lackluster JP categories.

Recognizing that BLU is probably the most powerful, most sought-after melee right now doesn't mean it's overpowered, it means other melee could use a buff, because none of us are wanted if Scholars and Black Mages are effective against the boss.
    (2)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-04-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast