Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello,

I would just like to make a quick clarification that the development team has only begun to talk about the fact that we'd like to make adjustments to two-handed weapons, and the details have yet to be fleshed out. Once we make some progress on this we will be sure to share!

My Jobmaster Warrior has four Fencer Gifts in the Jobpoints/Gifts progression line.

Warrior's primary weapon is Greataxe, Greataxe is Warrior's highest skill rank, Greataxe is WAR's Oboro JSE weapon, Greataxe is most of WAR's RME weapons etc.

This means that four of my main WAR Gifts (Fencer Bonus) are completely useless to me, they literally never give me any bonuses at all, because I am using Warrior's primary weapon ; the Greataxe.

So, please consider adding a duality to the Jobmaster Gifts, where it says "Fencer bonus" could you please add "Fencer Bonus (if using a 2-handed weapon this Gift will grant an Accuracy bonus instead of Fencer bonus.)"
    (5)
    Last edited by Stompa; 06-05-2016 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Brevity.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This is an idea that was taken from someone on BG(I don't remember who and couldn't find the extensive list they made) but another thing that would help out melee, pet job and even mages is to combine/make new buffs for all the support jobs. Right now between melee, mage and pet's all support jobs have separate buffs for each type which forces exclusion. If you have a mage and a melee in one pt, it either takes to long or is to cumbersome and even sometimes not even possible to try and get all needed buffs on each character. All buffs need to be combined so an acc buff gives acc/macc to both players and pet's. Cor's crit roll needs to give crit and magic crit to players/pet's, etc. etc.
    (3)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 06-03-2016 at 05:49 AM.

I think it comes down to RDM being a jack of all four roles (support, elemental, healing, melee) and being a master of little (besides enfeebling). Every RDM wants their job to be a master of a different aspect and some people want all aspects.

RDM would also require a bard-level overhaul in the healing department (which bard still needs) to be able to handle aoe spam.

I did a melee-setup Yilan with a (surprise!) RDM main healer. We won, because Yilan is easy, but I was doing a lot lot of curing on my PLD.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    Dedicated BLU mages, PLD and RDM have Mythic weapons, so they can Triple attack and Quadruple attack this weapon Skill using Mythic after math level 3.

Chant du Cygne Double attack its 12.25 - 50% of the times a BLU mage will be Double attacking this
    Chant du Cygne Triple attack its 14.70 - 40% of time a Mythic BLU will be Triple attacking this
    Chant du Cygne Quadruple attack its 17.15 - 20% of time mythic BLU can quadruple attack this
    50% of the time 40% of the time 20% of the time... something doesn't add up here... don't know exactly what you were using but I'd say the 20% "quad attack" is wrong.
    (0)

Hello,

I would just like to make a quick clarification that the development team has only begun to talk about the fact that we'd like to make adjustments to two-handed weapons, and the details have yet to be fleshed out. Once we make some progress on this we will be sure to share!
    Forgive me Yoji_Fujito, but this has been an issue for sometime and the players can agree that this issue hasn't been given the priority it deserves. For the people that love to use DRG, WAR, DRK, SAM, and RUN at their favorite event and not being able to produce the damage output of their one-handed counterparts is truly unfair and unbalanced. My question is, why continue to delay this any further? Please make it a priority to have this fix by July version update. Thank you.
    (3)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have been playing BLU close to about 8 years or so. BLU is pretty over powered. I'm not going to lie at all. I mean, I really, really love my BLU. I think one JP category for the Trait Bonus should have been sufficient, but we got a second one. That second one...man..what can I say...its like giving the crack addict more crack..bad analogy, but whatever. I'm just saying there is a job imbalance and sitting in Jeuno watching shout after shout calling BLU as the only DD is heartbreaking for a game I love so much. BLU has the ability to self heal for over 1.2k with the right gear, they have the ability to crowd control, they have the ability to dispel and erase move debuffs. We can hit the Haste Cap and maintain it for close to 9 minutes. Don't get me wrong, most of the BLUs I see are usually just whacking stuff with swords, but I just dislike seeing so many of us all the time...there is just hardly any diversity now.
    (3)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Don't get me wrong, most of the BLUs I see are usually just whacking stuff with swords, but I just dislike seeing so many of us all the time...there is just hardly any diversity now.
    This right here hits the nail on the head for why I hate the current state of the game. I've had people say that I might just be salty that I can't participate unless I level up X or Y. Well... that's partly it, but leveling up a new job isn't hard. No, what grinds my gears is simply that for a game with 22 jobs, you only ever see 7 or 8 used. It's not fair to say it's like those jobs don't exist: It'd be better off if they actually didn't. Having this whole sea of choice open before you and finding out your options are actually extremely limited... it's heartbreaking. There's all these cool themes, lore, abilities, possible strategies present within these multitude of jobs.

As it is, unless you boot up the game and one of the True Jobs is the one that jumps out at you as the one that appeals to you, the game simply raises your hopes up only to dash them against the ground.

I've had people complain against me in the past for being rather harsh in telling newbies and returning players to give up on their dreams of leveling whatever job they mentioned. The way I see it, better they find out now and step into line early than to find out several months down the line.
    (5)
    Last edited by Urthdigger; 06-03-2016 at 10:17 PM.
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hello,

Dear devs,
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Just because main healing used to be unpleasant (bear a lot of this was against mobs where debuff removal was mostly unnecessary) doesn't change the fact that one job has this unquestioned seat at the table. That's job imbalance. Thing is, I don't think WHM is overpowered at all. I think we're all just glad that at least one job out there is capable of meeting the challenge of healing against some of the new endgame content. But similar to the discussions about whether BLU is overpowered or not, it might be time to think about improving the healing chops of other jobs, like RDM, SCH, DNC, maybe even WHM as a subjob. If more jobs were better healers, it would be one step in making things better for other jobs as well, such as meleers who are invited less because of the risk involved with using them.
    I don't beleive this is a problem with the mechanics as much as I used to.

I just saw Scholar pretty much main heal an Escha Zi'tah run's healing with just Regen and a spot cure.

This is a matter of desire behind role, and how healers are just plain uninviting, especially on classes, Like Red Mage, that are capable of other, more fun roles. White Mage is unquestionably the go-to for healers because that's ALL it is. It's a healer, everyone knows that it is more than the role and the specialty, it's White Mage's identity. You ask Scholar to heal and they're going to question about it being about the party being efficient enough - that's where the Mage Burns really clinch their argument.

Scholars are capable of taking a party healer role on themselves. Hybrids roles like Red Mage, Dancer, Blue Mage and Summoner can help alleviate the healing role (do we really count Puppetmaster and Bard?), but none of them want to. That's more the reason why White Mage has absolutely no contest when it comes to the role, and most players are ok that way. Sure, boosting certain Job's capabilities of doing so may help the performance gap. But it's not as large as it's being played out if all your Hybrids actually used the skills they have to split down the healing role. This is another problem that has as much of the burden for it on the community as it does the developers.

On the development end, less emphasis in wide severe AoE Damage is more the solution than buffing classes to stuff they won't do anyways better. The test of that will be prevalent when SMN's healing pacts get buffed, but rarely utilized to their fullest. It's that predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post

I've had people complain against me in the past for being rather harsh in telling newbies and returning players to give up on their dreams of leveling whatever job they mentioned. The way I see it, better they find out now and step into line early than to find out several months down the line.
    I'd say, respectfully. You are being harsh.

For the most part, you're wrong about the dream thing. Most of any REM can be soloed, and what's the epitome of endgame to a player's personal progression if not that? Escha is over-hyped for its randomness at the highest level of gears, and there is alternative progression pieces for most items. Yes, it's not Best in Slot but the more you push your gear, the easier it becomes to convince the friends you make down the line to let you in to do things. Speaking from experience.

I've got no problem telling people they're in for a hard road, so they go in with the right level of determination. Telling them to quit and 'fall in line'? No, that's just destructive. You'll lose people that way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hyrist; 06-04-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    I've got no problem telling people they're in for a hard road, so they go in with the right level of determination. Telling them to quit and 'fall in line'? No, that's just destructive. You'll lose people that way.
    In a way, I am simply telling people they're in for a hard road. I usually prefer that they oppose me and stride forward out of spite. If there is some way to utilize these jobs without waiting for SE to buff the living crap out of them, they'll be the ones to find it. Perhaps it's destructive, but I don't consider it a grave crime to lose people. Any who'd leave over my words would just as well leave when they finally start trying to party and hear the endless chorus of "Don't you have anything else?"
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast