Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Job balancing?

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well part of the tp reduction from hits involves the player's AGI versus the target's AGI which if the player has 75 more AGI it caps out at a 50% reduction which can be reduced by another 50% to 25% with subtle blow. However if the targets have an impossible amount of evasion it only makes sense there is an impossible amount of AGI as well. Then there is Subtle blow which despite being not an over powering stat is not that common. The new Abuscade set that mnk and nin can use has a whopping 0 subtle blow on the whole set.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ulth; 05-16-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Genzz
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So, after two updates without any job adjustment, still no mention of it in the last "Freshly Picked".

Can we have some opinion from the devs about this subject? What do they think about Geo? About Blu? What do they think about Sch being able to skillchain? Has the Bst nerf achieved anything else than some players quitting the game? <insert any other question> Or do they think everything is all right?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    There just needs to be some sort of balance. Every job should be useful there can be preference but it shouldn't be set in stone. You should be able to take any job with you and be completely fine.
    This will never happen. There was literally never a time in FFXI history in which "every job was useful".

The more complex your job system is, the harder is to have a proper ballance. And FFXI job system is very complex.

This said, there are some puzzling choices like the ability of SCH to self-SCH, but at this point what you can do. It's not like they can remove it.
    (1)

Oh they very well could but I really don't want them to remove/nerf it (yet).

If you remove it now, some groups will just stop winning. The evasion on some of these NMs borders on absurdity, as does the aoe damage. Content needs addressed and much of it can be done in simple, broad strokes.

A lot of people (not you Jin) think that "If only they'd nerf [job], then people would want me more" and it's simply not the case. It's not that GEO is better than bard where they overlap, it's that GEO is miles ahead of bard where they overlap and offers some buffs that are indispensable.

I honestly wish that people would stop complaining that SCH/GEO/BLU is the problem, and start trying to think about the solution. Content is the problem.

So I'll say what I've been saying:

Address Evasion
    Address AOEs
    Address Amnesia
    Address Spike Spells
    Address TP feed
    Address the terrible shaft that some jobs in JP enhancements and gifts
    Revamp the MNK/SAM/NIN/PUP set from Ambuscade
    Model all melee ambuscade sets after Sulevia's. Sulevia's was actually done right.

Chunks of regen on gear isn't a bad thing, but -DT is better: If you have 1800 HP and the boss drops an aga on you that does 2k in +50 regen, you're dead. If you're in -25% mdt, you still have 300 hp. (Just a very basic example, merited Shell V is more -mdt than that, and you should be aiming for a -50% mdt set).

Evasion? Evasion is pretty impractical for melee and the only tank job on the set doesn't tank anymore.

If they took away Immanence, as the game stands now, the strategy would be to bring more RNG or BLU or work with Atonement if possible.

If they obliterated BLU, that's not going to make the thf or sam any more survivable.
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 05-19-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    This will never happen. There was literally never a time in FFXI history in which "every job was useful".

The more complex your job system is, the harder is to have a proper ballance. And FFXI job system is very complex.

This said, there are some puzzling choices like the ability of SCH to self-SCH, but at this point what you can do. It's not like they can remove it.
    I honestly don't know what your talking about. I remember being 75 and I could utilize any of my jobs just as others could. Did we want a MNK back in those days not really but it could still be used and wasn't the end all. My point is that back at lvl 75 days there were preferred jobs but there wasn't you have to be this job a DD job that wasn't BLU could still contribute regardless of what DD you were, support could support I think the only one that wasn't of huge use was SMN, don't get me started on that lol.
    (1)

I honestly don't know what your talking about. I remember being 75 and I could utilize any of my jobs just as others could. Did we want a MNK back in those days not really but it could still be used and wasn't the end all. My point is that back at lvl 75 days there were preferred jobs but there wasn't you have to be this job a DD job that wasn't BLU could still contribute regardless of what DD you were, support could support I think the only one that wasn't of huge use was SMN, don't get me started on that lol.
    any of my jobs
    I think this is the misconception.

Noone brought pup or bst to anything serious. TH-ief was brought for one reason and drg was usually brought for one.

As for support, endgame revolved around support, but SMN, just like the jobs above was worse than other options, especially when sch came along.
    (2)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Noone brought pup or bst to anything serious.
    >_> Just have to point out, I came pup for everything back in pre-aby, when everything(sky, sea, salvage, einherjar) was still relevant. People brought pups, its just there weren't as many as there are now(less than 5 pups online at the same time, compared to 20+ these days) and that was back in a time when a good majority of the playerbase had no clue what pup did. I can't remember how many times I had to explain pup to a pt back in 06-09

I honestly don't know what your talking about. I remember being 75 and I could utilize any of my jobs just as others could. Did we want a MNK back in those days not really but it could still be used and wasn't the end all. My point is that back at lvl 75 days there were preferred jobs but there wasn't you have to be this job
    ^ This. Now we're all forced to the same 2-3 jobs if we want to get anything done and can't really swap to something else when we get bored. I miss those days, if I got bored of being one job, I could just swap to another and I'd still be invited to do things.
    (1)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 05-20-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Oh really? When were you doing these. My first egls (07,08?) brought a bst and halftime pup/blm to endgame and suffered for the damage of the gimp warrior and gimp monk pet jobs.

These were both as well geared as they could be (esp the bst) but they weren't ideal.

You can bring any job to anything you can do with 5 or 17.
    (0)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    halftime pup/blm
    suffered for the damage of the gimp monk pet jobs.
    Theres your problem right there >_> no reason for them to have been /blm
    (0)

Player
    This isn't true really, you're talking about on certain content. You were never taking monk to Nidhog, Tiamat etc
    (1)

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast