Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Neothrasher
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 76

New Screenshots of FFXI Mobile

Found this article over at Kotaku... has some new screenshots of FFXI Mobile. Discuss?

http://kotaku.com/first-look-at-the-final-fantasy-xi-reboot-for-mobile-1773316772

Nexon is making a mobile version of Final Fantasy XI with Square Enix. Today, we get our first peek at the title.

According to Ruliweb (via tipster Sang), the game was shown today at the Nexon Developer Conference in South Korea. Note that the slides are titled Final Fantasy XI Reboot. The announced title is Final Fantasy XI Mobile.

Other tidbits gleaned from the presentation include that the game runs on Unreal Engine 4 and is in development for iOS and Android.

The final UI will most likely be different. As tipster Sang points out, the text says the current UI is simply a placeholder.

As previously announced, the game is slated to be released this year in North America, Europe, Japan, South Korea, and other regions in Asia.
    (0)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    >_> Hope it actually runs in bluestacks, unlike Grandmasters, which from what I found seems to not like AMD even though its clearly way more than enough to run it.

I know it'll happen, but I'm just afraid Nexon is going to run it into the ground, like they do with all the decent/good games they get :/
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neocron79 View Post
    Found this article over at Kotaku... has some new screenshots of FFXI Mobile. Discuss?

http://kotaku.com/first-look-at-the-final-fantasy-xi-reboot-for-mobile-1773316772
    Everything about it is "nexon", disregarded.
    (1)

Character
    Fateraines
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 32
    so what will happen to this ffxi when Nexon done with the mobile one.
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think we all know it's going to be horribly gutted.

Graphics look cute-ish, but that's about it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateraines View Post
    so what will happen to this ffxi when Nexon done with the mobile one.
    Nothing, they will co-exist. Lots of mmorpg titles have mobile versions.

They are different demographics, so it doesn't really matter.
    (0)

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Moppet View Post
    I think we all know it's going to be horribly gutted.

Graphics look cute-ish, but that's about it.
    Lol I know the screen shots are blurry but I can see the enchantment's at first glance. The graphics are obviously upgraded, maybe not to that of FFXIV but the graphics are a big step forward from FFXI. And of course it looks cute it a Tarutaru . . . . . Gutted or not maybe they will fix some of the current issues we are having in game on the mobile platform I am still going to give it a try.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Desktop PC gaming and mobile phone gaming can exist side-by-side, the same way Tennis and Table-Tennis can exist side-by-side.

Nobody says that Tennis should be banned because everyone prefers to use smaller bats and tiny nets in Table-Tennis. They are different Sports, just as PC gaming is a different gaming experience compared to mobile gaming. They require different skills, they are different types of challenge.

I will always be a PC gamer, always have my PC hooked up to a bigscreen TV, and I will always use mouse and keyboard. It is just how I am wired, and able to enjoy my gaming experience.

But it is nice that other people can play mobile games if they want to.
    (1)

Player
    Also it needs to be kept in mind that this is not a screenshot, it's a mockup image that was made in photoshop. The game is very early in development, there is no way these are actual screenshots. As such they are pretty much meaningless.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Also it needs to be kept in mind that this is not a screenshot, it's a mockup image that was made in photoshop. The game is very early in development, there is no way these are actual screenshots. As such they are pretty much meaningless.
    Those are actual screen shots of the game currently running on Unreal Engine 4, not Photoshop renditions.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast