Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Those are actual screen shots of the game currently running on Unreal Engine 4, not Photoshop renditions.
    Currently it is still in the early stages of development
    I highly doubt they are, given it's in the early stages. Don't you remember those "early screenshots" of FFXIV that turned out to be photoshop creations? You can't put out real screenshots this early.

Here is the early screenshot of FFXIV, I think the term is "bullshots", as in fabricated images of what they think the game might look like (or just false advertisement if you prefer)

http://igoumedia.com/finalfantasy14/...eenshot-08.jpg
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-05-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I highly doubt they are, given it's in the early stages. Don't you remember those "early screenshots" of FFXIV that turned out to be photoshop creations? You can't put out real screenshots this early.

Here is the early screenshot of FFXIV, I think the term is "bullshots", as in fabricated images of what they think the game might look like (or just false advertisement if you prefer)

http://igoumedia.com/finalfantasy14/...eenshot-08.jpg
    Unless you're playing on a calculator FFXIV 1.0 looked pretty similar on my screen to that screen shot. Nice monitor + impressive graphics card along with a nice processor will get you the speed and graphics you want out of your game. Well in that day it took a impressive graphics card to even run that game because the engine it was running on wasn't made for PC. The graphics on FFXIV: Reborn seem worse than the 1.0 version. But these FFXI pics don't really look photo shopped this looks like an in game presentation screenshot of someone playing it on a monitor with an overlay of Nexon or could possibly be a projection and not a monitor.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    Unless you're playing on a calculator FFXIV 1.0 looked pretty similar on my screen to that screen shot. Nice monitor + impressive graphics card along with a nice processor will get you the speed and graphics you want out of your game. Well in that day it took a impressive graphics card to even run that game because the engine it was running on wasn't made for PC. The graphics on FFXIV: Reborn seem worse than the 1.0 version. But these FFXI pics don't really look photo shopped this looks like an in game presentation screenshot of someone playing it on a monitor with an overlay of Nexon or could possibly be a projection and not a monitor.
    The point is, early stage of development cannot create accurate screenshots of a product.
    (0)

You can't put out real screenshots this early.
    The game was announced over a year ago and it's due for release over the course of the next 6-7 months. I'm as cynical as they come, especially where SE is involved, but those screen shots hardly scream "bullshot."
    (0)

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The point is, early stage of development cannot create accurate screenshots of a product.
    But those aren't touched up photos those are game play photos. It's like comparing apples to oranges. There have been no screen shots of the new FFXI just pictures of someone playing it as a demonstration in a conference room. When the game starts gaining more momentum, PR will definitely put out photo shopped pictures. And judging by those pictures the game already looks amazing at this point in development.
    (0)

Player
    I guess we will see, keep in mind that this is Nexon, a Korean title and a mobile app to boot so don't expect very high standards of integrity.

Irregardless the article was released this month and says "FFXI Reboot is currently planned for release on both iOS and Android platforms. Currently it is still in the early stages of development" It doesn't even have a speculative release date yet.

If you are buying this at face value after all the things I mentioned then you aren't very cynical at all.
    (0)

If you are buying this at face value after all the things I mentioned then you aren't very cynical at all.
    Oh, there's plenty to be cynical about, but you may be overselling those screen shots. It's a smartphone game, it's obviously not going to look like FFXIV, a 20GB+ game.
    (0)

Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I guess we will see, keep in mind that this is Nexon, a Korean title and a mobile app to boot so don't expect very high standards of integrity.

Irregardless the article was released this month and says "FFXI Reboot is currently planned for release on both iOS and Android platforms. Currently it is still in the early stages of development" It doesn't even have a speculative release date yet.

Even if it is Nexon, SE isn't going to be letting them pull the important strings just the minor ones.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2